Page 18 of 134 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    ......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zubac just signed an extension with the Clippers for $33m/3. Is that the market price for Poeltl? Jakob is better but by how much. Not that much imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zubac just signed an extension with the Clippers for $33m/3. Is that the market price for Poeltl? Jakob is better but by how much. Not that much imo.
    That’s a great comp. I figured Jakobs next deal would start in the 12-13 range. In fact, I’d offer that extension now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is a way better player than Zubac

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is a way better player than Zubac
    Precisely

If Poeltl (and that’s a big if) weren’t an atrocious FT shooter, he’d be WAY more valuable. As it stands, he makes an awkward fit for closing out playoff games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I just checked Zubac advanced numbers and they were pretty atrocious last year which surprised me. Hartenstein was actually much better. Poeltls advanced numbers are much better than Zubac too.

I think Poeltl gets $15m to $18m per over 3 years. Some team may offer him 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks cleared $30M in cap space to sign Brunson. Detroit took on the salary, pushing them out of the Ayton race. Interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks cleared $30M in cap space to sign Brunson. Detroit took on the salary, pushing them out of the Ayton race. Interesting.
    That much was clear the second they traded for Duren.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $20 million of contracts at the cost of two seconds (both are effectively expiring - team options on both next offseason.

Who does that leave with cap space? Unfortunately probably not much of a market this off-season to rent out cap space given few guys worthy of more than the MLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The market for Ayton is no longer there. Suns may have played this perfectly, whether they meant to or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $20 million of contracts at the cost of two seconds (both are effectively expiring - team options on both next offseason.

Who does that leave with cap space? Unfortunately probably not much of a market this off-season to rent out cap space given few guys worthy of more than the MLE
    I believe just us and Orlando..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The market for Ayton is no longer there. Suns may have played this perfectly, whether they meant to or not.
    At this point they may overplay their hand though and he might sign the QO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I'm thinking nothing happens with DJ, which will be fine, and TJ Warren as a 3.5 and Jalen Smith as a 4.5 could/should be the kind of targets we are thinking about.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This puts us firmly in position if they truly don’t want to come strong.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I'm thinking nothing happens with DJ, which will be fine, and TJ Warren as a 3.5 and Jalen Smith as a 4.5 could/should be the kind of targets we are thinking about.
    If you land both of those players and they stay relatively healthy I think this team makes the playoffs. I’d rather have Ayton but as a fall back plan I like it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still cost them a le that they'll never have another chance at if Klay comes back strong his second year back from injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you land both of those players and they stay relatively healthy I think this team makes the playoffs. I’d rather have Ayton but as a fall back plan I like it.
    I like it too... which is probably why it won't happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard the Mavs may offer Brunson 5 years. Maybe higher total $ amount than the Knicks but less per year.

Mavs in a tough spot they don't have many avenues to add a second star next to Luka and are locked into some bad contracts with one dimensional players such as Hardaway, Bertans, even Dinwiddie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Brunson's father is a coach for the Knicks and his godfather is president of operations. The Mavs are screwed here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol. fool's gold. and just fools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Brunson leaves. He seemed to kick our ass lately than Luka did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't believe in the NY rumour unless it's a backup plan. They selling brunson in the idea he will be the starting pg. Then they want to trade for an allstar pg?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans are supposedly not the only ones who'd like to pair DJ with Ayton

Spurs will probably not even make an offer though
    I seriously doubt the Spurs are signing any big names. They will go on full rebuild through draft. Prepare to get the same squad. Seriously they should’ve done this 5 years ago when nephew jumped ship. It’s the only explanation why DJ wants out., and get as much FRP for him, not star swap mind you, just picks plus maybe a young promising player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit selling their cap space is good for the Spurs. Even if Ayton, etc. haven't indicated they're willing to sign the Spurs would be one of only 2 or 3 teams (Indiana, Orlando, Memphis maybe) with significant cap space to facilitate trades and ac ulate assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I just checked Zubac advanced numbers and they were pretty atrocious last year which surprised me. Hartenstein was actually much better. Poeltls advanced numbers are much better than Zubac too.

I think Poeltl gets $15m to $18m per over 3 years. Some team may offer him 4 years.
    I'm telling you, Hartenstein will be spurs target this offseason.

Thread Information