My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD to the Spurs. Make it happen Brian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD to the Spurs. Make it happen Brian.

I have seen chatter about him to the Grizzlies, scattered all through the playoffs after they were eliminated and honestly had no idea what they were on about. Now it makes sense. I haven't followed the drama down in Brooklyn.

FA is basically upon us, trades are appearing that were not available midseason, hopefully the Spurs get on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep thinking he was a high-second like McCaw was. Yeah, they can extend him for that, but they have no incentive to do so.
    Disagree. This isn’t Phoenix or another nickel and dime organization. Poole was a major part of the Warriors offense this year and I’d say 4yrs 80-100mm is fair value for him. Even with his 2023 RFA status considered, there is little reason to wait it out. If it ain’t broke don’t break it. I bet they split the difference and he gets 4yrs 90mm this offseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizz and Blazers would be prime suitors if KD is in play.

Toronto could also put together an intriguing package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. This isn’t Phoenix or another nickel and dime organization. Poole was a major part of the Warriors offense this year and I’d say 4yrs 80-100mm is fair value for him. Even with his 2023 RFA status considered, there is little reason to wait it out. If it ain’t broke don’t break it. I bet they split the difference and he gets 4yrs 90mm this offseason
    Players don’t have a worth in a vacuum. Everything has to do with cir stances. GS’s tax bill was higher than their actual payroll. Considering that they only get taxed on the portion above the tax line, that’s pretty awful. Poole is probably overrated like many GS players over the last 10 years, because he plays with Steph and Klay, and therefore draws minimal attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players don’t have a worth in a vacuum. Everything has to do with cir stances. GS’s tax bill was higher than their actual payroll. Considering that they only get taxed on the portion above the tax line, that’s pretty awful. Poole is probably overrated like many GS players over the last 10 years, because he plays with Steph and Klay, and therefore draws minimal attention.
    Warriors ownership has already committed to a projected tax bill of 400mm or so to keep this squad intact. The Warriors are building a team that can last for 3-5 more years. Poole and Wiggins will be integral parts of that.

I understand that playing with great players makes it easier but this is an over exaggeration. For someone who pounds the table about Primo making a couple of step back threes I’d think you’d have appreciation for Poole’s game as he does that nightly. Also he barely played with Klay this year, instead stepped up big time in Klay’s absence. Warriors games are probably televised past your bed time though gramps so you are forgiven.
    Last edited by KingKev; 06-22-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors ownership has already committed to a projected tax bill of 400mm or so to keep this squad intact. The Warriors are building a team that can last for 3-5 more years. Poole and Wiggins will be integral parts of that.

I understand that playing with great players makes it easier but this is an over exaggeration. For someone who pounds the table about Primo making a couple of step back threes I’d think you’d have appreciation for Poole’s game as he does that nightly. Also he barely played with Klay this year, instead stepped up big time in Klay’s absence. Warriors games are probably televised past your bed time though gramps so you are forgiven.
    Isn't the tax bill something absurd like $400M per year due to the repeater penalty? The Dubs ownership has deep pockets, but will they really spend close to $2B in salary and taxes over the next few years to keep the team together? If they do, I don't think the other owners will mind at all. They will all just race to get under the tax line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't the tax bill something absurd like $400M per year due to the repeater penalty? The Dubs ownership has deep pockets, but will they really spend close to $2B in salary and taxes over the next few years to keep the team together? If they do, I don't think the other owners will mind at all. They will all just race to get under the tax line.
    I'm beginning to think this tax payer part of the collective bargaining agreement isn't working out like NBA owners thought it would be. The really wealthy owners don't give a crap about it since they have more money than some countries. The average owners go over the tax then they go under it, and the not so wealthy owners (like the spurs) try to avoid it. The rich get richer because they can sign their own and outbid the owners who can't or won't sign their own players. I don't think this system will last much longer in its current form. Probably the next CBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are at 260mm all in with Curry, Klay, Dray, Poole, Wiggins, Moody and Wiseman and their 2022 FRP locked in for next yearS. GP2, Looney and Porter are probably gone as their market value plus lix tax will cost 75-100mm. They are all easily replaceable with minimum contract ring chasers and growing roles for the youth above.

Wiggins extension will be similar to his current rate or less. The Warriors can easily fill this roster out for the foreseeable future for under 300-350 total these next few years. Big bucks but with perennial contention for another 3-5yrs they will do it.

Draymond isn’t getting much come free agency in 2024.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could buy a whole other team for that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm beginning to think this tax payer part of the collective bargaining agreement isn't working out like NBA owners thought it would be. The really wealthy owners don't give a crap about it since they have more money than some countries. The average owners go over the tax then they go under it, and the not so wealthy owners (like the spurs) try to avoid it. The rich get richer because they can sign their own and outbid the owners who can't or won't sign their own players. I don't think this system will last much longer in its current form. Probably the next CBA.
    That tax money doesn't get flushed down the toilet, it gets distributed to the non tax payers. I think the "poor" teams could put up with splitting GS's tax money amongst them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess they are banking on the fact that he will never drive the bus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until people complete stop watching because gs buys les
    gs and their politically trash team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerami Grant to Portland

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't overpay Lonnie

Trade Poeltl before the deadline cause him at 9 million is bearable him at anything over that is nauseating and I was once a Poeltl stan...I remember arguing with timvp about how i would pay 12 or 13 million dollars a year for Poeltl 2 years ago

don't be a pussy when it comes to Ayton or Collins or any other above average but not quite a star even though you pay him like one player...virtually everyone overpays for guys like that and the spurs aren't anything special...if you got to eat a bad a contract or give up a pick now is the time to do it...otherwise why did we collect all the picks anyway? Are we REALLY going to draft 3 guys in the 1st round this year? We still got future chicago and boston 1st round picks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's it for Grant? Wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until people complete stop watching because gs buys les
    gs and their politically trash team
    Lol asshurt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprising at all tbh. Grant is not an impact player and he is due for a new contract. Blazers are desperate to appease Lillard so it makes sense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that portend for John Collins value? Not that I'm a huge fan but it's gotta lower it right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surprising at all tbh. Grant is not an impact player and he is due for a new contract. Blazers are desperate to appease Lillard so it makes sense
    Still. The reason 7 was long speculated is because of the demand/scarcity of 3 and D big wings (and he provides secondary shot creation).

What does that portend for John Collins value? Not that I'm a huge fan but it's gotta lower it right?
    Not sure, but probably?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to realize Portland is absorbing Grant’s final year into cap space. Re-signing Nurk and Simmons wil leave them with just the MLE.

So their retool is Grant, Sharpe and a PJ Tucker/Otto Porter type player. Hardly a successful retool.

Detroit gets an FRP for a player they have no interest in resigning, without taking back anything. Sounds like a win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breaking: The Detroit Pistons have traded Jerami Grant to the Portland Trail Blazers for a 2025 first-round pick via Milwaukee, sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rumors that Portland is drafting Sharpe must be true. They just traded for Jerami Grant, but didn't give away the 7th in this draft class. They traded a 1st in 2025.

Thread Information