Page 38 of 134 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jake Fischer
    JakeLFischer
    3m
    Gary Payton II has drawn a strong offer from the Trail Blazers among other suitors, sources said. I’m told Portland has the richest contract, roughly $8M, out to the versatile defender, but still mutual interest in Payton’s return to Golden State. Bruce Brown another POR target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, yeah poodle is staying and will likely get extended IMO. Charlotte drafted their center, so unlikely to deal now. I’m not really sure who out there will want to give up capital for him right now. With AYTON showing the lack of market for centers, I bet Jak takes a reasonable extension now. It’s in his interest.
    The market shrunk significantly, that much is true. Teams that could have used a center: Charlotte drafted Mark Williams, Chicago got Drummond, NY signed Hartenstein. I can see two obvious scenarios that make sense: 1) Toronto, who has always tried to get him back and need a center. But they've been rumored to also be interested in several other centers (like Miles Turner). Also, a possibility may arise if Phoenix trades Ayton. They'll be looking to remain compe ive, and he seems like a very good replacement for cheap. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up in one of those 2 places.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it was because he didn’t want to speak for the coaches but Wright saying there’s a void at the PG spot is interesting.

maybe they don’t see Primo as the answer there after all. I really go back and forth with this. It’s odd he didn’t try to commit to that idea in his interview.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The market shrunk significantly, that much is true. Teams that could have used a center: Charlotte drafted Mark Williams, Chicago got Drummond, NY signed Hartenstein. I can see two obvious scenarios that make sense: 1) Toronto, who has always tried to get him back and need a center. But they've been rumored to also be interested in several other centers (like Miles Turner). Also, a possibility may arise if Phoenix trades Ayton. They'll be looking to remain compe ive, and he seems like a very good replacement for cheap. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up in one of those 2 places.
    My thoughts exactly. The question is what can we get of value from either of those 2 teams. We're getting to the point where we already have 2 + 1st round pick for the next 5 years. We trade one or more picks for a top prospect or vet, then we are no longer tanking are we ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS: Toronto drafted Koloko, so they may wait a while to see whether he pans out... but still, it would make sense for them to acquire Poeltl for, say a first rounder and a second rounder.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree on Toronto. I think they try and exhaust all options to get Gobert first via OG Anunoby + assets, then Jakob would be their fall back option. Could probably get a FRP from Toronto. Cant see the Raptors wanting to pay Ayton the max via S&T.

Still think Phoenix would give up a FRP (2025 or something) for Poeltl if they give up Ayton and especially if they also get Durant.

Utah may do the same if they trade Gobert for established players and build around Donovan.

Boston may want Poeltl if they get Durant and give up Rob Williams.

Wizards look like they are in win now mode and Thomas Bryant is leaving. Just gave Beal $250m. They would probably give up a FRP for Jakob.

A longshot might be the Clippers they're pretty thin at C with Hartenstein leaving. I think the Clips badly wanted to keep him but once Wall became available they used their taxpayer MLE on him and had no bird rights on Hartenstein. Zubac is all they have but he has atrocious advanced metrics and he's more of a backup level big. They do have RoCo who plays small ball 5. Unlikely but yeah.

Starting to get into long shots now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think y’all are over thinking things, if the price is fair plenty of teams would be interested in Jakob imo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think y’all are over thinking things, if the price is fair plenty of teams would be interested in Jakob imo

First rounder should be good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts exactly. The question is what can we get of value from either of those 2 teams. We're getting to the point where we already have 2 + 1st round pick for the next 5 years. We trade one or more picks for a top prospect or vet, then we are no longer tanking are we ?
    In 2023 we have 2 picks: our own and Charlotte, which is protected 1-16 so it's quite possible it won't convey. In 2024 we only have one pick: our own. In 2025 we (likely) have 3 picks: ours, Chicago's (protected 1-10), and Atlanta's (unprotected). In 2026 we (likely) have one pick: ours OR Atlanta's (swap). In 2027 we have 2 picks: our own and Atlanta's. In 2028 we have one pick: our own OR Boston's (top 1 protected).
    So basically we are not guaranteed to have multiple picks until 2025... we surely can use extra first rounders in the next 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    8m
    Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Towns has agreed on a four-year, $224M super max extension, his agent Jessica Holtz of @CAA_Basketball tells ESPN. Deal begins with the 2024-25 season and delivers Towns’ total contract value to six years and $295M.

Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespn

Memphis Grizzlies star Ja Morant has agreed on a five-year, $193M designated rookie maximum extension that could become worth $231M, his agent Jim Tanner of @_tandemse tells ESPN.

11:01pm · 30 Jun 2022 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keith Smith @KeithSmithNBA
    32s
    NBA contracts that became fully guaranteed yesterday (June 30):Kelly Oubre Jr. - CHA - $12.6MTheo Maledon - OKC - $1.9MMortiz Wagner - ORL - $1.9M

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t be surprised if the Nets use the waive-and-stretch provision to rid themselves of Irving’s presence even if his scent will linger over the next three years.”

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/st...udDTiD2hpuZ4bg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're overthinking things. The market for centers has indded shrunk and there's few teams that actually need a Jak anyway...

But interesting to see it went from "yeah, Charlotte wants Poeltl, he's def going there, 13 and 15 for Jak" to "yeah Toronto needs Poeltl, I think he's going there"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania@ShamsCharania

Free agent Gary Payton II is finalizing a three-year, $28 million deal with the Portland Trail Blazers, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

12:34am · 1 Jul 2022 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/st...23880619581440

Hope this m*f*ck*r didn't cost us the 2023 Charlotte pick (protected 1-16)...

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/st...23880619581440

Hope this m*f*ck*r didn't cost us the 2023 Charlotte pick (protected 1-16)...
    Yo, get yourself together! You really wrote that dumb sh*t?!?! ������

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw the JJJ news, gotta figure the Grizz will be interested in Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw the JJJ news, gotta figure the Grizz will be interested in Poeltl.
    Not seeing anything on the webz or twitterz, what happened?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nm I see it now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nm I see it now

, that could easily be a career-altering injury for him tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistic targets still out there:

PG:

Campazzo
    Sexton :puke
    Schroder :puke :puke :puke

Other, taller people:

Jalen Smith
    TJ Warren
    Thomas Bryant
    Luka Garza
    Mitc Robinson

I wouldn't mind something like Campazzo, Jalen Smith, TJ Warren and call it a day by renting out whatever space we need to spend to meet the minimum cap.

Humorous: Spotrac lists Joe Wieskamp as 27.8 years old. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/small-forward/

Targets still out there that won't happen:

Lavine
    Ayton

Moses Brown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , that could easily be a career-altering injury for him tbh.
    Yeah, not sure if it really gets them interested in Jak though. If Adams went down I could see it, but I can't see them chasing Jak to replace JJJ. Maybe they'd be in play for Jalen Smith now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not sure if it really gets them interested in Jak though. If Adams went down I could see it, but I can't see them chasing Jak to replace JJJ. Maybe they'd be in play for Jalen Smith now.
    Adams was totally unplayable in the playoffs because he can't move. Poeltl has his issues and limitations too but he's a very good switch defender, he'd fit well on the Grizz.

Thread Information