Page 40 of 134 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 3333
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m okay with moving Murray if they show us they are fully committed to a tank/rebuild. I’m still not convinced they are so the next few weeks will be telling. Not wanting to eventually pay Murray as a motivating factor is still tough to swallow.

Murray trade aside he has had a very mixed track record at best. This past trade deadline was the only time he has shown any real prowess.

Maybe I should reserve judgment until he gets a chance to be his true own man when Pop retires…
    I hear you. I’ve been frustrated with what feels like a lack of direction and strategy from the team since Leonard left. But it feels like a new and old guard tension internally, more than a Wright thing. We’ll see.

The last year gave me a lot of hope that the team is picking a path and starting to execute on it starting with moving White. Spurs maximized value on both, and hopefully will do the same on Jakob here soon.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took him 3 years to finally choose a direction and we can’t be sure till we see how he spends this 35mm in remaining cap.

I was on record last fall saying we are closer to another “rebuild” than we are a true playoff team when most thought we were only a player away from being a solid playoff team.

The Murray trade makes some sense at tbis point but it didn’t have to be this way if we choose a direction sooner. We could have been tanking AND had a building block in Murray.

A wise man once told me you can’t get a girl half pregnant…. that is all Wright has been doing during his tenure as GM.
    Dunno man, new GM's generally likes teardowns. I am pretty sure he wants an extended rebuild right from the start and just tiptoeing around the old heads who had success in extending windows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re speculating but on the hoops collective podcast with Windhorst, they think the Jazz are gonna tank this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really his fault I think. More like Pop and RC overseeing everything. He did all the right things last season. This offseason will be really telling though. He says he got a plan to get back to contention quickly, so let's see if he can execute it the Wright way
    So that is a fair point and I have qualified my disdain for Wright with the caveat he is likely (slowly) getting out from under Pop’s control.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson is nearing a five-year rookie max contract extension worth up to $231 million, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The commitment will take Williamson’s new deal through the 2027-28 season.

I don't think this will age very well...
    But, but he dropped all that weight! At least according to social media pictures :-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What else do you expect them to do with Zion? They have no choice. No superstar is going new orleans via FA.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    come on Dex

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2023 we have 2 picks: our own and Charlotte, which is protected 1-16 so it's quite possible it won't convey. In 2024 we only have one pick: our own. In 2025 we (likely) have 3 picks: ours, Chicago's (protected 1-10), and Atlanta's (unprotected). In 2026 we (likely) have one pick: ours OR Atlanta's (swap). In 2027 we have 2 picks: our own and Atlanta's. In 2028 we have one pick: our own OR Boston's (top 1 protected).
    So basically we are not guaranteed to have multiple picks until 2025... we surely can use extra first rounders in the next 2 years.
    Thanks for the clarification . We are sitting pretty decently compared to previous years though and we will hav more options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "1 like and I'll do something this offseason."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson is nearing a five-year rookie max contract extension worth up to $231 million, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The commitment will take Williamson’s new deal through the 2027-28 season.

I don't think this will age very well...
    Damn for sitting on the bench??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    49s
    Free agent guard Ricky Rubio is nearing a deal on a return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, sources tell ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Betting on the Joel Embiid route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Betting on the Joel Embiid route.
    Shams said they're working on injury protections as part of the negotiation, similar to what Embiid had in his max deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yuck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Haynes
    ChrisBHaynes
    13m
    Yahoo Sources: Free agent center Thomas Bryant is receiving significant interest from contending teams including Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. He’s expected to make a decision later this morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Haynes
    ChrisBHaynes
    13m
    Yahoo Sources: Free agent center Thomas Bryant is receiving significant interest from contending teams including Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. He’s expected to make a decision later this morning.
    Lakers didn't even make the PO, how are they a contending team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find myself in agreement with much of this... in hindsight if we had done this earlier we could already have had the talent to have put beside DJ instead of pursuing mediocrity and ending up a 10th seed. I do wonder though how much of that was Wright and how much of that was Pop pursuing his win total? I feel like Wright didn't really have a choice in that...
    Ages back, I wrote reasons behind most decisions at the time of Leonard's trade. The forth wall is a hard thing to get by. But lot of things went against the spurs for how they handled Leonard. If they just made a decision to trade him before free agency, I think the spurs make a few decent playoff runs until LMA falls off the cliff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    1m
    Free agent center Mitc Robinson has agreed on a new four-year, $60 million contract to stay with the New York Knicks, his agents Thad Foucher and Joe Smith of @wassbasketball tell ESPN.

Malika Andrews@malika_andrews

Bruce Brown has agreed to a 2-year, $13M+ deal with the Denver Nuggets, sources tell ESPN.

9:21am · 1 Jul 2022 · Twitter for iPhone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free agent center Mitc Robinson has agreed on a new four-year, $60 million contract to stay with the New York Knicks, his agents Thad Foucher and Joe Smith of @Wassbasketball tell ESPN. https://t.co/dnKtVQmln9

With JB as their only addition...I wish we could find a way to get their 1st this year with little to no protection..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce Brown $13M over 2 years to Denver

I like that for them..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Khobi Price @khobi_price
    2m
    The Orlando Magic have agreed to terms on a 2-year deal with Bol Bol, a league source told the @orlandosports.​

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    1m
    Free agent Aaron Holiday has agreed to a one-year deal with the Atlanta Hawks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers didn't even make the PO, how are they a contending team?
    Lakers are always a "contending" team ... The NBA is the Lakers and everyone else. The offseason revolves around the Lakers. If it doesn't involve the Lakers, then did it really happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We get no one again as per usual. Is there a scrub like Doug mcbuckets we can throw our cap space at ?

Thread Information