Page 59 of 134 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much ego filled crap on this quote. You don’t need character, you need Tim Duncan. Spurs think they are the John Cena of the NBA. Players just want to win and get paid.
    A bigger ego and Tim Duncan says bye bye and signs with the Lakers or Heat, wins as much and earns more. So yeah, it kind of matters...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10773838[/URL]]A bigger ego and Tim Duncan says bye bye and signs with the Lakers or Heat, wins as much and earns more. So yeah, it kind of matters...
    Spurs legends and great guys LMA and Pau Gasol both gave up on their team after being paid tens of millions of dollars over multiple seasons. Nephew also refused to show and didn’t even support his teammates on the bench in playoff games…Spurs just bent for them. This idea that Spurs culture wins championships is mostly wrong. It was mostly Tim Duncan and the culture he, Tony, Manu built.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs legends and great guys LMA and Pau Gasol both gave up on their team after being paid tens of millions of dollars over multiple seasons. Nephew also refused to show and didn’t even support his teammates on the bench in playoff games…Spurs just bent for them. This idea that Spurs culture wins championships is mostly wrong. It was mostly Tim Duncan and the culture he, Tony, Manu built.
    True, but that's the point really. That's your model and there is no good reason to change it. It's people's lives and character does matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A coach can only do so much. In the end you gotta have the players man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bigger ego and Tim Duncan says bye bye and signs with the Lakers or Heat, wins as much and earns more. So yeah, it kind of matters...
    can’t say Timmy would’ve lasted 19 years though. Don’t give me Kobe’s 20 years. He was the one forcing himself in the court. Other teams would have rode that bad leg to the ground. Timmy playing 19 instead of 14 eventually made him more money and better legacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were you here for the Jeff Ayres era?! People posted incessantly about him even though he was literally the last guy off the bench!
    Yes. And I still see random comments about it to this day, lol. It's damn near impossible to stop the constant disparagment once this board collectively decides you're trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    13m
    Restricted free agent Cody Martin has agreed to a four-year, $32 million deal to return to the Charlotte Hornets, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Building around a maxed out 6'1" shooting guard who doesn't defend might be the worst strategy there is.
    Maybe 2nd worse compared to building around 2-$200M Centers in a league devaluing Centers..

I'm actually interested to see how this experiment goes. I think in their eyes the idea is that KAT becomes more like prime Dirk and Rudy becomes a bigger Tyson Chandler. It kind of makes sense, as KAT isn't a paint defender and is a great shooter. Worse case scenario, it doesn't work, and they trade someone to either recoup some of those draft picks, or get better fitting players. I think it actually has a chance of some success if they let KAT shoot eight to ten 3s a game, where Gobert's main job becomes rebounding three pt misses for second chance opportunities. They're not gonna win a le, but it'll be a fun team to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually interested to see how this experiment goes. I think in their eyes the idea is that KAT becomes more like prime Dirk and Rudy becomes a bigger Tyson Chandler. It kind of makes sense, as KAT isn't a paint defender and is a great shooter. Worse case scenario, it doesn't work, and they trade someone to either recoup some of those draft picks, or get better fitting players. I think it actually has a chance of some success if they let KAT shoot eight to ten 3s a game, where Gobert's main job becomes rebounding three pt misses for second chance opportunities. They're not gonna win a le, but it'll be a fun team to watch.
    Gobert hanging around the paint will be a problem for Anthony Edwards on offense. But the real problem Minnesota will face is on defense. If teams can keep drawing Gobert out to the perimeter, then you have two slow-footed centers trying to cover that territory. What Utah faced could be amplified significantly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who brought Tony and Manu in SA? They made their due dilignece as far as personalty is concerned... Do you think if both go somewhere else, they bring the same culture to their team?

Not saying their personalities didn't cons ute a big part of the culture but they were in an environment that encouraged and allowing them to develop that culture...I remember Pop once, about how spurs were building their roster around the big 3 saying somethinbg like: "We can't bring anybody in this locker room. There's a cetain standard in that locker room that (the big 3) has established and we can't mess up with these guys, we can't give them anyone.

So yeah, both the club and the players build that culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checking your typos and spelling mistakes while you can't edit your post anymore is a torture, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Building around a maxed out 6'1" shooting guard who doesn't defend might be the worst strategy there is.
    Gobert hanging around the paint will be a problem for Anthony Edwards on offense. But the real problem Minnesota will face is on defense. If teams can keep drawing Gobert out to the perimeter, then you have two slow-footed centers trying to cover that territory. What Utah faced could be amplified significantly.

Yeah, I see those as issues too. I guessing there will be lots of adjustments, like Gobert shading left in the paint to leave the right side more open for Ant, but it'll definitely be something they've got to experiment with & figure out. It'll be interesting to see how they switch stuff up defensively to keep from getting the bigs pulled away too... maybe more hybrid zone defenses like the triangle and two getting used for stretches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who brought Tony and Manu in SA? They made their due dilignece as far as personalty is concerned... Do you think if both go somewhere else, they bring the same culture to their team?

Not saying their personalities didn't cons ute a big part of the culture but they were in an environment that encouraged and allowing them to develop that culture...I remember Pop once, about how spurs were building their roster around the big 3 saying somethinbg like: "We can't bring anybody in this locker room. There's a cetain standard in that locker room that (the big 3) has established and we can't mess up with these guys, we can't give them anyone.

So yeah, both the club and the players build that culture.
    I would say the current Spurs locker room has taken a massive hit with the trade of Murray. Keldon and Vassell have no reason to think of themselves as part of the Spurs' future. Poeltl is a dead man walking, despite the team belatedly realizing they need him. And this malaise will roll over to the rookies and everyone else. I'm curious to see how a team somehow revives a good team culture. It probably won't be for a long time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far, I like what the Celtics (playmaking, shooting, depth and could get in the game for Durant if they so choose), Nuggets, 76ers (more perimeter size, 3 and D) and Jazz (insane amount of draft capital) have done.

I don't like what the Bucks (no tertiary creator, 3 and D big wing), Mavs (imbalanced roster), Timberwolves (I get it, but no versatility or assets to build around very good, but not good enough to win a championship big 3) and Kings (added 3, but not D) have done.

No need to worry about Utah, unless we're REALLY stupid... even if they go winless, as long as we're bottom 3 we have the same chances at any of the lottery spots than them. It's on US... which is my only fear.
    Finishing last is important because it guarantees a top 4 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finishing last is important because it guarantees a top 4 pick.
    No it doesn't, because the top 4 picks are determined by the lottery, and even the team with the top record can fall out of it. After the lottery rest of the spots are determined by record, and thus the team that finishes last is guaranteed at least the FIFTH spot (if it falls out of the lottery), the team that finished next to last the SIXTH, and so on... but my point is that the difference between 5th and 6th is much less relevant than the difference between spots in the top 4, so I'm not overly concerned with that as I'm with finishing in the bottom 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't edit, so I mean if the team with the worst record falls out of the TOP 4 (not the lottery) then it's guaranteed the 5th spot because positioning is determined by ranking and they're the worst of the bunch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Building around Josh Primo at an average of 15mm a year when it’s all said is done is equally as stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Building around Josh Primo at an average of 15mm a year when it’s all said is done is equally as stupid.
    He's gonna start earning 25-28 MPG. His skills better start manifesting themselves or he'll be catching increasing doubt by the end of the year if he looks to have barely improved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's gonna start earning 25-28 MPG. His skills better start manifesting themselves or he'll be catching increasing doubt by the end of the year if he looks to have barely improved.
    All the casuals hate him already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the casuals hate him already.
    he's pretty good for his age tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it doesn't, because the top 4 picks are determined by the lottery, and even the team with the top record can fall out of it. After the lottery rest of the spots are determined by record, and thus the team that finishes last is guaranteed at least the FIFTH spot (if it falls out of the lottery), the team that finished next to last the SIXTH, and so on... but my point is that the difference between 5th and 6th is much less relevant than the difference between spots in the top 4, so I'm not overly concerned with that as I'm with finishing in the bottom 3.
    Correct, but it's still beneficial to finish last.

I get your point, but every draft has a tiers in it and by next year's, there might be a clear delineation between 5 and 6 for all we know.

Point is, I know they'll bring in a PG or combo guard and C presuming they trade Poeltl and don't get once back in the exchange, but we better be talking more Augustin/Campazzo than Sexton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves will be top 5 defense team in the regular season

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say the current Spurs locker room has taken a massive hit with the trade of Murray. Keldon and Vassell have no reason to think of themselves as part of the Spurs' future. Poeltl is a dead man walking, despite the team belatedly realizing they need him. And this malaise will roll over to the rookies and everyone else. I'm curious to see how a team somehow revives a good team culture. It probably won't be for a long time.
    This is a real concern. It’s one of the first things that came to mind when they moved Murray.

What are exactly are we building?We got some nice development out of the last couple of drafts. Seems all for not when you punt the best of the bunch who wasn’t that old to begin with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Utah is going to keep Mitc and out tank us for VW.
    It’s just basketball though.

Does that extra salary cap get distributed to coach Pop also?

Thread Information