Page 71 of 134 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng left because he got no playing time here. He probably left Atlanta because he didn't get any playing time behind Capela and Okongwu. Not sure he comes to a bottom feeder to be a third stringer tbh. Poeltl is gone imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's Jarrett Allen level money. Im sure there's all sorts of negotiation tactics going on like with every contract, but don't think his agent can ask for that with a straight face. I think $17.5m per is the absolute top end he can get, $15m per most likely.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/contracts/center/

Some comparable for Jakob

Capela ($23m)
    Allen ($20m)
    Turner ($20m)
    Nurkic ($17.5m)
    Adams ($17.5m)
    JV ($15m)
    Mitc Robinson ($15m)
    Brooke Lopez ($13m)
    Rob Williams ($12m)
    Zubac ($11m)
    You're probably right.
    I guess we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes Poeltl more expendable, but I don't think he gets traded for peanuts. Just like with Murray, they'll bide their time and take the best offer available. I think the Ayton domino needs to fall before anything can happen with Poeltl.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am electric drill was later found in Pop’s carry-on. CIA Pop getting ahead of the Tim Duncan sweepstakes.
    Ha!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what's the deal with Ayton? Is his fate tied to Durant? Does he end up just signing the QO since his prospects have dried up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes Poeltl more expendable, but I don't think he gets traded for peanuts. Just like with Murray, they'll bide their time and take the best offer available. I think the Ayton domino needs to fall before anything can happen with Poeltl.
    Agreed, but I would tack on that a lot of dominos have to fall league wide before much happens with us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar was leaving this team regardless last season, assuming he didn't get a max extension from us. So you can't equate how each player departed the team. DJ still had 2 years left on his deal.

Plus, DJ is a homegrown younger all star a franchise would ostensibly continue to build around aside from a tank.
    I'm not equating the two, just saying that if the Spurs wanted to improve their short term chances, they could have used that long term 1st to get immediate impact, or play Thaddeus Young who's actually good enough for the Raptors and plays a position of need for us. And the Dejounte trade is the most telling of all, because they could have easily gotten an offer based on players rather than picks, which they didn't. All those moves line up in the same direction. Now if the Spurs had gone for, say, Lavine... well yeah, that would have been a move in the complete opposite direction. But so far that hasn't happened, so we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TJ Warren to BK. Another potential ceiling raising target off the market.

PATFO may not have their heads up their asses. Me likey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets are doing some weird tbh lol wonder if maybe they’re trying to salvage things with KD idk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets are doing some weird tbh lol wonder if maybe they’re trying to salvage things with KD idk
    He is locked in to a long term deal. They are going to look to get win now AND future assets in a KD and Kyrie trade I suspect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng left because he got no playing time here. He probably left Atlanta because he didn't get any playing time behind Capela and Okongwu. Not sure he comes to a bottom feeder to be a third stringer tbh. Poeltl is gone imho

What a bizarre take. Dieng left SA because he didn’t see any point in hanging around as an unemployed person. And he has left Atlanta for the same reason.

You think he’ll stay somewhere when he’s got no contract?

He came to the Spurs in the first place after we traded away Eubanks. Speaking of third string.

Dieng is in the twilight of his career. He’s just going where somebody will pay him. It’s well worth it, to get another few million bucks. Heck yes. He will not expect much playing time now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't see Poeltl traded. Not sure Dieng moves the needle on that score much. We'll see.

By your logic spurs sure as aren't resigning poodle either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't see Poeltl traded. Not sure Dieng moves the needle on that score much. We'll see.

It’s just like the Spurs and Hawks have swapped Landale and Dieng. Will Dieng move the needle as a Landale replacement, is the question. If there really were any question, which there isn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a bizarre take. Dieng left SA because he didn’t see any point in hanging around as an unemployed person. And he has left Atlanta for the same reason.

He came to the Spurs in the first place after we traded away Eubanks. Speaking of third string.

Dieng is in the twilight of his career. He’s just going where somebody will pay him. It’s well worth it, to get another few million bucks. Heck yes. He will not expect much playing time now.
    Are you his agent now or what? All dudes want minutes. To act like that wasn't likely a factor in his decisions is silly. None of us personally know if SA/Atl wanted him back after his last stints

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you his agent now or what? All dudes want minutes. To act like that wasn't likely a factor in his decisions is silly. None of us personally know if SA/Atl wanted him back after his last stints

Guy, they did not give him another contract. Hint, hint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And RC has a good relationship with the guy, which was why he chose Spurs the first time. I think they see him still available and asked if he doesn’t mind being a vet presence to a young team and he obliged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And RC has a good relationship with the guy, which was why he chose Spurs the first time. I think they see him still available and asked if he doesn’t mind being a vet presence to a young team and he obliged.

hes our 3rd center atm. Wgaf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You think he “obliged” out of the goodness of his heart, as an act of charity? Is that your story, and you’ll stick to it?

It doesn’t cross your mind that $2.9 million might in some way or other be of significance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guy literally replaces jock as depth and potentially an insurance policy to pave the way for a poeltl trade and people are claiming this guy is ruining the tank?

good veteran, good teammate by all accounts. good to have some of that around a bunch of kids tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s just like the Spurs and Hawks have swapped Landale and Dieng. Will Dieng move the needle as a Landale replacement, is the question. If there really were any question, which there isn’t.
    I'd prefer Landale -- he's younger, hungrier, with more updiside -- but that's okay. As a note, Landale is actually with Phoenix now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guy literally replaces jock as depth and potentially an insurance policy to pave the way for a poeltl trade and people are claiming this guy is ruining the tank?

good veteran, good teammate by all accounts. good to have some of that around a bunch of kids tbh
    yup, cost us nothing and doesn't expect to play. But spurs are now in the playin game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think he “obliged” out of the goodness of his heart, as an act of charity? Is that your story, and you’ll stick to it?

It doesn’t cross your mind that $2.9 million might in some way or other be of significance?
    He knows he’ll be playing limited minutes with Spurs prioritizing growth for the young players. If you want to use another term, so be it.

The more issue is the timing if they already wrapped up Spurs role as trade facilitator or if they are not, to be able to sign now instead of later, and the role on Poeltl getting moved or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... As a note, Landale is actually with Phoenix now.

Thanks for the note, I hadn’t seen that yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes our 3rd center atm. Wgaf?
    Could be second, any time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha Bleacher Report has a THT for JRich trade proposed spent 2 paragraphs why it made sense for the Lakers.

Thread Information