Page 80 of 134 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs rent Westbrook for a year, a lot of narratives go out the window: "character matters," "we only get guys who are over themselves," "defensive effort matters," "we're not tanking, we're rebuilding with youth," etc., etc... It would change the entire perception of the Spurs as an en y for the foreseeable future.
    They
    Won’t
    Keep
    Him.

He has zero fit on this team for all the reasons you stated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10776943[/URL]]If the Spurs rent Westbrook for a year, a lot of narratives go out the window: "character matters," "we only get guys who are over themselves," "defensive effort matters," "we're not tanking, we're rebuilding with youth," etc., etc... It would change the entire perception of the Spurs as an en y for the foreseeable future.
    Dude they are going to buy him out and he’ll go ring chasing like the others.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs rent Westbrook for a year, a lot of narratives go out the window: "character matters," "we only get guys who are over themselves," "defensive effort matters," "we're not tanking, we're rebuilding with youth," etc., etc... It would change the entire perception of the Spurs as an en y for the foreseeable future.
    No it wouldn't because, like Galinari, we'd waive him immediately..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude they are going to buy him out and he’ll go ring chasing like the others.
    The thing is which championship team would want to sign cancer Westbrick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird that we haven't heard anything serious about Ayton of Sexton. Outside of the KD/Irving saga, those seems to be the only "big" FA pieces left. The Miles Bridges things has probably had an underrated impact on this FA by shifting CHA's focus to other priorities.

I'm kinda eager to move on from the Irving things so the Spurs can get to other potential business like potentially moving Jakob before the season starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just one pick? Taking Westbrook off their hands is the Lakers only shot at ringing again with Lebron most likely. That's easily worth 2 picks to shade over their incompetence.
    I have zero faith in BWrong's negotiation skills tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People started given LBJ and Wade the side eye after the PED scandal at the Biogenesis clinic out of Florida.

They both look like Quagmire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it wouldn't because, like Galinari, we'd waive him immediately..
    Real question, not even being sarcastic here...but waiving off Westbrook means the Spurs handing just him $47M to go away?

I get that it keeps his money off our books for cap purposes and keeps "both sides happy" and yada yada...but if I'm the ownership group, I'm balking at paying a guy nearly $50M just to leave, especially since they just paid Danilo like $10M to beat it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real question, not even being sarcastic here...but waiving off Westbrook means the Spurs handing just him $47M to go away?

I get that it keeps his money off our books for cap purposes and keeps "both sides happy" and yada yada...but if I'm the ownership group, I'm balking at paying a guy nearly $50M just to leave, especially since they just paid Danilo like $10M to beat it.
    Cap is still impacted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cap is still impacted
    Even for a waived player? I assumed once you waive them, they are off the books but...I guess that's why you shouldn't assume things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even for a waived player? I assumed once you waive them, they are off the books but...I guess that's why you shouldn't assume things
    We can only recoup the roster spot. The money stays on the books until next July. I would hope we could negotiate a small buyout, like maybe $6+M that he’ll probably get for taxpayer MLE.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, WB would stay on the cap sheet. Otherwise rich teams would waive highly paid fringe players all the time to create space and/or reduce luxury tax bills.

If he agrees to a buyout and signs with another team, I think the cap hit is reduced by whatever the new team pays him? Better to ask someone who actually knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don’t think the spurs will ever do business with the lakers while pop and rc are alive. Unless it’s an absolute fleecing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Westbrick can work out a deal like Bobby Bonilla and stretch out his pay out into yearly payments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can only recoup the roster spot. The money stays on the books until next July. I would hope we could negotiate a small buyout, like maybe $6+M that he’ll probably get for taxpayer MLE.
    Like paying Westbrick 40mil to go away... or 20 mil per each (maybe lottery) unprotected FRP's assuming Spurs get two. Yikes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don’t think the spurs will ever do business with the lakers while pop and rc are alive. Unless it’s an absolute fleecing
    And gift Lakers with Kyrie and possibly another ring for Fakers and Lebron's 5th tying Timmy... Yup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So what, you're going to have him mow the lawn? It's a sunk cost, that money is not going back. If you buy a soup can and it comes with poison in it, you're going to drink it not to throw away what you spent on it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather it's the Spurs S&T with Poeltl, instead of this mad-idea of Westbrick buyout

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what, you're going to have him mow the lawn? It's a sunk cost, that money is not going back. If you buy a soup can and it comes with poison in it, you're going to drink it not to throw away what you spent on it?
    I'd had him put on the Coyote and compete in the mascot dunk contest tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather it's the Spurs S&T with Poeltl, instead of this mad-idea of Westbrick buyout
    Not a huge fan of the Westbrick S&T idea either, but trading for Ayton at this point would makes no sense considering we just traded DJ, and based on the multiple reports out of PHX that they don’t want to max Ayton because his at ude and work ethic are ty, I’m confident the Spurs won’t trade for him anyways. We’re going all in on the tank imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The market for Deandre Ayton sure is on fire! Indiana is like, "Sure, okay, whatever."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    47mil for 2 FRP and maybe 2 Swaps. Sounds steep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    biggest risk of KD is him playing for 1-2 seasons and becoming disgruntled again, leaving another team in ashes
    should've just went to the Spurs when he had the chance to do it. Would've had a healthy environment, but no guys want to play somewhere more appealing and then cry about locker room issues

Bronny might go undrafted or at the earliest, 2nd round. Prolly some team will hold him up to recruit LeBron or force the Lakers to give up something for Bronny. lol
    Funny if Bronny get drafted by one of the least desirable team/city.

Anyways, he can always do that in teaming up with Bronny on his last or farewell season. I'm pretty sure LeBron is still eyeing for that 5th esp. with the Warriors (Curry) winning recently.
    LeBron still probably has the say with the Lakers' FO and the Lakers can't afford to stand pat esp. with LeBron's age. They're also probably tempted to overtake Celtics with the most number of championships.
    somebody will draft Bronny just to get LeBron. I really hope it's the Sacramento Kings. Would be hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And gift Lakers with Kyrie and possibly another ring for Fakers and Lebron's 5th tying Timmy... Yup.
    even if the lakers get kyrie, this is no guarantee that they win the le. i would argue that GS is just as good and the same for the celtics and bucks. not to mention that AD and Le are always hurt. best case scenario is that the spurs get some nice picks out of this and the lakers wind up without a le.

Thread Information