Page 81 of 134 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should've just went to the Spurs when he had the chance to do it. Would've had a healthy environment, but no guys want to play somewhere more appealing and then cry about locker room issues

somebody will draft Bronny just to get LeBron. I really hope it's the Sacramento Kings. Would be hilarious
    i wouldn't put it past the kings to take on an aging lebron and his 2nd round talent of a son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can only recoup the roster spot. The money stays on the books until next July. I would hope we could negotiate a small buyout, like maybe $6+M that he’ll probably get for taxpayer MLE.
    Yup, WB would stay on the cap sheet. Otherwise rich teams would waive highly paid fringe players all the time to create space and/or reduce luxury tax bills.

If he agrees to a buyout and signs with another team, I think the cap hit is reduced by whatever the new team pays him? Better to ask someone who actually knows.
    Makes sense. Thanks...you learn something new every day, so now my learning for the day is done!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even if the lakers get kyrie, this is no guarantee that they win the le. i would argue that GS is just as good and the same for the celtics and bucks. not to mention that AD and Le are always hurt. best case scenario is that the spurs get some nice picks out of this and the lakers wind up without a le.
    I think a healthy AD and LeBron, plus Kyrie will be dangerous to ring. Why awaken a sleeping giant?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a healthy AD and LeBron, plus Kyrie will be dangerous to ring. Why awaken a sleeping giant?
    lakers still might find a way otherwise. if the spurs can get something out of it, then so be it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like paying Westbrick 40mil to go away... or 20 mil per each (maybe lottery) unprotected FRP's assuming Spurs get two. Yikes
    We have to eat the salary to get the picks.

10 years ago, GS ‘paid’ $10M in accepting an additional year of HWSNBN’s salary for a pick that turned out to be #30 overall to send Stephen Jackson back here, and selected Festus Ezeli. $20M per unprotected pick ten years later doesn’t sound too bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather it's the Spurs S&T with Poeltl, instead of this mad-idea of Westbrick buyout
    That’s not the path we’re taking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    47mil for 2 FRP and maybe 2 Swaps. Sounds steep.
    You have to spend a big chunk of that, anyway, to hit minimum salary. Besides, we can’t eat the whole thing, anyway. We’d have to send out McD or JRich to match the incoming salary. So, it would be like $35M?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD is never healthy, and LBron hasn’t been recently. The rest of their roster is dog crap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hield & Turner for Ayton and Saric maybe? Then Phoenix could make an offer to Brooklyn with Hield, Turner, Bridges and picks
    How is that any better than Ayton, Bridges, Johnson and picks/swaps? Unless the Jazz or Mitc get real, I don't see the young, signed long term, first option type that the Suns probably need to provide the Nets with to get this done.

Knowing the arrogance of the Craptors, they're probably offering Anunoby, Trent Jr. and picks/swaps. Even if they relent on Siakam probably in place of Anunoby, he's 3.5 years older than Ingram.

That's why I keep coming back to the Pelicans. They're the only ones that checks all the boxes. Beyond the obvious (Ingram, Daniels, Murphy, etc.), they have 13 picks, some of which are from the Lakers and Bucks, plus are out of conference.

even if the lakers get kyrie, this is no guarantee that they win the le. i would argue that GS is just as good and the same for the celtics and bucks. not to mention that AD and Le are always hurt. best case scenario is that the spurs get some nice picks out of this and the lakers wind up without a le.
    Forget guarantee, more like they'd merely have a punchers chance (presuming James can maintain being a top half dozen player and Davis can bounce back to at least top 15ish), as opposed to no shot right now. The rest of their roster is laughably bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is that any better than Ayton, Bridges, Johnson and picks/swaps? Unless the Jazz or Mitc get real, I don't see the young, signed long term, first option type that the Suns probably need to provide the Nets with to get this done.

Knowing the arrogance of the Craptors, they're probably offering Anunoby, Trent Jr. and picks/swaps. Even if they relent on Siakam probably in place of Anunoby, he's 3.5 years older than Ingram.

That's why I keep coming back to the Pelicans. They're the only ones that checks all the boxes. Beyond the obvious (Ingram, Daniels, Murphy, etc.), they have 13 picks, some of which are from the Lakers and Bucks, plus are out of conference.

Forget guarantee, more like they'd merely have a punchers chance (presuming James can maintain being a top half dozen player and Davis can bounce back to at least top 15ish), as opposed to no shot right now. The rest of their roster is laughably bad.
    A top 6 and top 15 player, and a bunch of dog crap in a burning bag sounds an awful lot like our 2009-2012 squads: an easy playoff out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A top 6 and top 15 player, and a bunch of dog crap in a burning bag sounds an awful lot like our 2009-2012 squads: an easy playoff out.
    I meant with Irving because even though the rest of the roster is pathetic, at that point, despite the age of James and durability of Davis and him, we'd be talking 3 top 20 players, who complement one another well, in a league with no boogeyman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not saying that's a good offer by Phoenix. I'm just saying they would probably offer that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real question, not even being sarcastic here...but waiving off Westbrook means the Spurs handing just him $47M to go away?

I get that it keeps his money off our books for cap purposes and keeps "both sides happy" and yada yada...but if I'm the ownership group, I'm balking at paying a guy nearly $50M just to leave, especially since they just paid Danilo like $10M to beat it.
    Dude. Really? Basic capology c’mon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook ain't coming to the Spurs and the Lakers ain't getting Kyrie. They don't have the assets and Pop would be the last person on earth to help the Lakers. Even with Kyrie they still wouldn't win since their other players are complete garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook ain't coming to the Spurs and the Lakers ain't getting Kyrie. They don't have the assets and Pop would be the last person on earth to help the Lakers. Even with Kyrie they still wouldn't win since their other players are complete garbage.
    Using that logic, Spurfan should have no qualms about trading for Westbrook if it means they're getting proper compensation tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude. Really? Basic capology c’mon.
    I will be the first to admit I don't understand all this cap . But I am open to learning, which is why I posed the question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be more exact, waiving Westbrook would be committing to giving Russ monthly paychecks of $1.2 Million for three years. It would all hit the cap this year, but cash doesn't follow the cap so closely. If the team is truly cash poor they might prefer that to play guys the full amount this year, but that's like apocalyptic financial constraints.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You love to see it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real question, not even being sarcastic here...but waiving off Westbrook means the Spurs handing just him $47M to go away?

I get that it keeps his money off our books for cap purposes and keeps "both sides happy" and yada yada...but if I'm the ownership group, I'm balking at paying a guy nearly $50M just to leave, especially since they just paid Danilo like $10M to beat it.
    I'd rather pay him $47M to leave than pay him $47M to play...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    47mil for 2 FRP and maybe 2 Swaps. Sounds steep.

If salary is below minimum you have to spread the salary to the remaining players anyway. So one way or another spurs has to pay. Just to Westbrook or to keldon johnson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...trade.amp.html

Article from Eric Pincus about Spurs getting involved in facilitating a Kyrie/Russ trade. The first paragraph makes it sound like there have been active discussions (as opposed to this being a theoretical “Spurs have cap space and could help out” type statement like Woj mentioned the other day).

The Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Lakers have held preliminary discussions on a Kyrie Irving trade, and sources indicate the teams are exploring the potential of pulling the San Antonio Spurs into a multi-team deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

more likely he'd negotiate a buyout. the spurs have no interest in actually playing westbrook. westbrook presumably wants to play so he can earn another contract. he also presumably does not want to rot on the bench of a rebuilding team.

so they'd negotiate some buyout where he would accept something less than the full 47 mil and would be free to sign with a contender of his choosing for cheap. lets say for arguments sake they agree to buy him out at 40 million. in that case the spurs are basically just giving up 40 mil of their cap space this year... but in exchange for some draft compensation that they would make a condition of such a move.

so yeah, the owner has to sign off on a plan to pay a guy a ton of money who will never play for the team. but the cap ramifications are limited to this year where we arent really planning on using cap space anyway, so its really a win win for us. just up to the owner to agree to pay for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said, I don't think the Spurs would be getting Westbrook. The Nets would be better off keeping him a huge piece and breaking him up later than by taking bad to meh contracts. The Spurs can turn multi-year guys into expirings or even TEs. Hopefully it's not cheap, but that adds considerable value to two teams trying to figure things out with bloated payrolls.

Like this as the bones of the trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2qsq9t26

With

The Lakers sending their 2027 pick and a swap to Brooklyn and the 2029 pick to the Spurs
    The Hornets trading the Denver 2023 pick to Brooklyn and removes protection for their natural 2023 pick

CHA gets off Hayward's second year and gets useful win-now players.
    BRK gets two picks and saves a fair bit of money for Irving and Curry
    LAL turns their spare parts into two players who fit their win-now timeline but also fit with Davis and James really well.
    SA likely gets an okay 2023 first and another guaranteed future first, bringing up their total unprotected pick count to four with two unprotected swaps and a top-1 protected first. They also randomly increase the cap space they have for this season, meaning they could easily participate in a Durant trade if need be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said, I don't think the Spurs would be getting Westbrook. The Nets would be better off keeping him a huge piece and breaking him up later than by taking bad to meh contracts. The Spurs can turn multi-year guys into expirings or even TEs. Hopefully it's not cheap, but that adds considerable value to two teams trying to figure things out with bloated payrolls.

With

The Lakers sending their 2027 pick and a swap to Brooklyn and the 2029 pick to the Spurs
    The Hornets trading the Denver 2023 pick to Brooklyn and removes protection for their natural 2023 pick

LAL turns their spare parts into two players who fit their win-now timeline but also fit with Davis and James really well.
    SA likely gets an okay 2023 first and another guaranteed future first, bringing up their total unprotected pick count to four with two unprotected swaps and a top-1 protected first. They also randomly increase the cap space they have for this season, meaning they could easily participate in a Durant trade if need be.
    This is some nice 4D-chess that is probably *just* too complicated to become reality, but would be awesome for us.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With

Nets say no. They trade away Kyrie and Harris for horrible contract, an expiring and two picks one of which will be a mid to late first with Jamal Murray coming back. Great deal for everyone else.

Thread Information