Page 86 of 134 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd bet that Chets defensive shortcomings are being overstated. Yeah he's skinny as now but he's still extremely young. Giannis was a stick too when he was first drafted. He'll bulk up in time. Not like we have tons of physical bigs these days except for a few teams
    Giannis was and always has been agile as though. Chet is like a stick that cant bend his body

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd bet that Chets defensive shortcomings are being overstated. Yeah he's skinny as now but he's still extremely young. Giannis was a stick too when he was first drafted. He'll bulk up in time. Not like we have tons of physical bigs these days except for a few teams
    My feeling is Holmgren will always get dislodged by certain stronger players. His length will bother them, though. I continue to wonder why Presti hasn't gone for some beef somehow, whether in the draft or a bench guy who can really bang bodies. Chet may be good game by game but eventually the wear will get to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My feeling is Holmgren will always get dislodged by certain stronger players. His length will bother them, though. I continue to wonder why Presti hasn't gone for some beef somehow, whether in the draft or a bench guy who can really bang bodies. Chet may be good game by game but eventually the wear will get to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple predictions:

1. Indiana gets Ayton in a sign and trade. Sends Miles Turner to Suns.

This sort of looked like the plan, but Rick Carlisle just gushed in an interview yesterday that Myles Turner was the "best rim-protecting center on the planet," and they just created cap space by trading Brogdon... I wonder if they have some wacky plan for two bigs, using Ayton as a PF. Seems odd, after the Turner/Sabonis pairing didn't work out, but Ayton is on record multiple times saying he thinks PF is his natural position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can play the four, I don't see why he shouldn't. For all the talk about how GS is doing things, the Celtics showed you can get to the Finals by playing two centers. Holmgren should be able to play that role better than Horford. The actual reason I brought that up was to contrast that with the Thunder paying so much for Mitc instead. Mitc wouldn't be a better player for them in a vacuum, and him being way more expensive to acquire than Ayton makes it an obvious choice.
    Sure, the Celtics got to the finals playing two "centers" just like the Warriors got to the finals doing the same thing. But when it's crunch time one of those "centers" needs to GTFO or else their team is getting run out of the ing gym.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple predictions:

2. Durant either gets stuck with Nets or gets traded to Toronto in a package that does not include Scottie Barnes.
    3. Miami works a trade to get Mitc that includes a ton of draft picks and Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson.
    4. Kyrie stays with Nets because there is no way to work a trade to the Lakers.
    5. Spurs don't use any meaningful portion of their salary cap during the offseason, including to facilitate a trade, but will keep cap space open and see if something happens during the season.
    #5 seems extremely likely. Spurs positioned themselves well to capitalize on their space by facilitating big deals, but it appears there are no big deals in need of facilitation and there are certainly no players to spend the cap space on (and not that we would now that we've suddenly elected to change course and ship out DJ). Our best bet at this point would appear to just be there to absorb bad contracts (like Westbrook or Hayward, though the latter is probably off the table after the Bridges situation).

The summer of cap space with no use.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD is in a bad spot. unlike previous players like harden and nephew, he has way too many years left on his deal. the nets have all the leverage here. KD.
    Didn't Paul George have four years left on his deal when he told OKC to trade him to the Clippers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This sort of looked like the plan, but Rick Carlisle just gushed in an interview yesterday that Myles Turner was the "best rim-protecting center on the planet," and they just created cap space by trading Brogdon... I wonder if they have some wacky plan for two bigs, using Ayton as a PF. Seems odd, after the Turner/Sabonis pairing didn't work out, but Ayton is on record multiple times saying he thinks PF is his natural position.
    In that same interview he also went on to praise Jalen Smith... I doubt they will keep all of them in 2022... but maybe he's just pumping Myles Turner to up his price? Would make sense that they'd try to use him to get more assets. I was surprised at how forthcoming he was about the rebuilding process. Hope Sabonis wasn't watching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think OKC will be forced to make adjustments to make better use of Chet, but they seem to be stockpiling lanky but versatile wings and bigs, so maybe that's their plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think OKC will be forced to make adjustments to make better use of Chet, but they seem to be stockpiling lanky but versatile wings and bigs, so maybe that's their plan.
    I also don't think Presti has any intention of competing any time soon. The team doesn't look much better than last year, despite the high profile additions, and competing might require adding good vets. I'm convinced he's addicted to the draft process and/or is trying to recreate the Durant/Westbrook/Harden magic, which he certainly hasn't done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...novan-mitc
    https://hoopshype.com/2022/07/13/jaz...g-mike-conley/
    Like the Rockets before them, the Jazz remain engaged in various trade conversations to retool around Mitc . Utah has explored a sign-and-trade scenario that would send veteran point guard Mike Conley to Cleveland in exchange for restricted free agent Collin Sexton, sources said. The Cavaliers wouldn’t appear to have a need for an additional point guard, and it seems unlikely that Conley would be the returning player Cleveland would prioritize if talks ever gained legitimate traction.
    If anybody had any doubts, Utah is 100% rebuilding... Donovan Mitc will be traded sooner rather than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also don't think Presti has any intention of competing any time soon. The team doesn't look much better than last year, despite the high profile additions, and competing might require adding good vets. I'm convinced he's addicted to the draft process and/or is trying to recreate the Durant/Westbrook/Harden magic, which he certainly hasn't done.
    100% agree. It is almost pathological at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's funny how much of Presti's reputation lies in the Durant/Westbrook/Harden picks, and the Durant pick was pretty much a no-brainer. If Portland had selected Durant, Seattle almost certainly would've picked Oden with the #2 pick, and the entire narrative would be very different.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...novan-mitc
    https://hoopshype.com/2022/07/13/jaz...g-mike-conley/

If anybody had any doubts, Utah is 100% rebuilding... Donovan Mitc will be traded sooner rather than later.
    If the Jazz really are interested in Sexton, that means they're not tearing it all down Thunder-style. With all the assets they got for Gobert, they have some to spare. The Spurs would be willing to absorb Conley's contract for the right price.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple predictions:

2. Durant either gets stuck with Nets or gets traded to Toronto in a package that does not include Scottie Barnes.
    3. Miami works a trade to get Mitc that includes a ton of draft picks and Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson.
    4. Kyrie stays with Nets because there is no way to work a trade to the Lakers.
    5. Spurs don't use any meaningful portion of their salary cap during the offseason, including to facilitate a trade, but will keep cap space open and see if something happens during the season.
    1, 4, and 5 all seem likely to me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Jazz really are interested in Sexton, that means they're not tearing it all down Thunder-style. With all the assets they got for Gobert, they have some to spare. The Spurs would be willing to absorb Conley's contract for the right price.
    That's pretty realistic that the Cavs wouldn't want the Conley deal coming back. Spurs might have an opening there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus Conley's contact is only partially guaranteed in the last year for 14.3 million dollars.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the NCAAs this March teams wore down Chet by putting bodies on him constantly. Basically body blows to the lower trunk all game on him and that was that.

Will be interested to see how or if he adjusts when the NBA regular season starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Conley's contract for a first rounder tbh. I wouldn't even mind if he played the upcoming season with us. Good vet, always seemed "Spurs-y"....

He'd probably ask for a buyout though. Either way, could be an easy way to nab one of those Utah picks.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's funny how much of Presti's reputation lies in the Durant/Westbrook/Harden picks, and the Durant pick was pretty much a no-brainer. If Portland had selected Durant, Seattle almost certainly would've picked Oden with the #2 pick, and the entire narrative would be very different.
    In weak defense of Presti, wasn’t he the one pushing Pop to draft Tony?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In weak defense of Presti, wasn’t he the one pushing Pop to draft Tony?
    So he’s right 2 times out of 20. Doesnt sound that great to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10781745[/URL]]I'd take Conley's contract for a first rounder tbh. I wouldn't even mind if he played the upcoming season with us. Good vet, always seemed "Spurs-y"....

He'd probably ask for a buyout though. Either way, could be an easy way to nab one of those Utah picks.
    Just toss us one of those T-Wolves picks. They should have never gotten most of them in the first place.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he’s right 2 times out of 20. Doesnt sound that great to me.
    Three, if you count your guy, J Will, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely, anyone with half a brain would have drafted Durant. Harden and Westbrook he deserves SOME credit, but he's living off that stretch for a decade and a half, and he's missed a whole bunch of picks as well. Great at making deals, but definitely overrated as a talent evaluator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just toss us one of those T-Wolves picks. They should have never gotten most of them in the first place.
    Utah is Danny Ainge now. Like with Boston, he won a massive trade but will probably ruin things again by trying to win every trade by 150% and never make use of the assets he has. The next generation of Romeo Langford incoming.

Thread Information