Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3333
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's priceless. Well, a price of $500,000.

Lacob whining about the luxury tax after paying a ton in luxury tax and signing players to contracts that will cost him several hundred million more and still having incredible team success over the last 8 years smacks of total dumbassery.
    Tbh not really. It’s disproportionate for a reason. To deter and give serious consideration to weather you want to pay that kind of money to roll the dice that you’ll succeed.

It speaks directly to the nature of the system.

To use a tax or penalty to directly dissuade an owner to not go deep into financial waters.

If all things are legitimately “fair” then it’s reasonable to complain that another owners inability to be successful or unwillingness to “spend” is unfair to those that are willing to shoot their wad or not be more successful than the next guy.

those people but he’s not technically wrong.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot to add that she made him snip it after one kid so there's no way our client got her pregnant. Judge let us subpoena the abortion records and they showed her side piece signing paperwork. It was over then. He chalked her up as a lying and I was excited.
    What a great story. ing insane.

But the rub is that somewhere in there I’m sure the dude is a piece of as well. I’m sure unrelated but pieces of are attracted to drama and she seemed fully loaded in that department.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he deserve a max sentence if the facts I just read are proven true? Yes.

That's why I hate criminal law. Sometimes i win but society loses as a whole. But justice usually prevails. 80 to 90 percent of the time.
    The way I see it, your job is to make sure the prosecution does their job right. That 10-20% of the time that a criminal who truly deserves a certain punishment gets less or none is the price society pays for making it difficult to convict an innocent person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a great story. ing insane.

But the rub is that somewhere in there I’m sure the dude is a piece of as well. I’m sure unrelated but pieces of are attracted to drama and she seemed fully loaded in that department.
    Honestly, he was a decent dude. Real timid. Super nice. Formerly military but now has since graduated college and is a special ed teacher and part time fireman.

He got custody of the child. She eventually moved to Oregon and hasn't seen the kid in almost five years. Last week heard she was a heroine junky.

Justice prevailed in this instance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see it, your job is to make sure the prosecution does their job right. That 10-20% of the time that a criminal who truly deserves a certain punishment gets less or none is the price society pays for making it difficult to convict an innocent person.
    If I can just get one or so a year in the win column a year to where I feel like an inner cent man reci bed a fair and proper outcome then it outweighs the bad taste is n my mouth cases.

You honestly become a god to someone whose life you save. They worship you forever. It's flattering, moving and makes it worth it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's smart he offers her like 30 plus million in divorce settlement and gets her pushing for leniency.

If he goes into prison his career is over. If the nba doesn't lifetime ban him then he will either get blackballed on the back end or miss his window if he does serious time.

His attorneys job is that make him see the big picture. She's got some serious leverage for sure. Her divorce attorney must be salivating right now.
    He’s still on his rookie contract. $30M is money he doesn’t have, and likely never will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh not really. It’s disproportionate for a reason. To deter and give serious consideration to weather you want to pay that kind of money to roll the dice that you’ll succeed.

It speaks directly to the nature of the system.

To use a tax or penalty to directly dissuade an owner to not go deep into financial waters.

If all things are legitimately “fair” then it’s reasonable to complain that another owners inability to be successful or unwillingness to “spend” is unfair to those that are willing to shoot their wad or not be more successful than the next guy.

those people but he’s not technically wrong.
    He’s not wrong, but fails to understand the system. It’s designed NOT to be fair to profligate spenders. The whole purpose of the annually increasing tax penalties is to bust up super teams, and at least temporarily restore some measure of balance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s still on his rookie contract. $30M is money he doesn’t have, and likely never will.
    Even if Bridges beats the rap, do you think the hornets or any other team will give him anything close to 10 -20 million per year considering all the negative publicity and baggage he brings with him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Bridges beats the rap, do you think the hornets or any other team will give him anything close to 10 -20 million per year considering all the negative publicity and baggage he brings with him?
    Nope. He’ll have to take a 3 year deal at some paltry figure to get a foot back in the door. Depending on how long he’s gone, sentence, plus the inevitable suspension, he may not make $30M the rest of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to rasta spur for the detailed analysis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bridges is screwed but i could give a crap less. if proven guilty, he can rot in some prison cell for what would have been the rest of his NBA career. but, alas, as rasta pointed out, he'll probably work out a plea deal, that being said, he's facing a of a suspension if he does. i'd imagine nothing less than 2 years at least.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know if there is a deadline for free agency signings for the Summer. I've looked on the NBA website and it mentions when it begins of course but nothing about when we might expect some closure, so to speak, to the KD, Irving, Westbrook business.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know if there is a deadline for free agency signings for the Summer. I've looked on the NBA website and it mentions when it begins of course but nothing about when we might expect some closure, so to speak, to the KD, Irving, Westbrook business.
    That would be the trade deadline, nothing to do with free agency. They all have contracts. The trade deadline is usually around the middle of February.
    Last edited by rogcl1; 07-21-2022 at 01:11 PM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be the trade deadline, nothing to do with free agency. They all have contracts. The trade deadline is usually around the middle of February.
    Good distinction. I suppose I was hoping for a deadline to bring this stalemate to a head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good distinction. I suppose I was hoping for a deadline to bring this stalemate to a head.
    No such thing. If you want the good to great return, you have to wait. I think Durant is the least likely to be traded this year, with multiple years left on his deal.

LA will be very reluctant to throw that unprotected pick into the pot, but at some point,they will realize they have only two choices: cough up the pick, or run back the same lottery squad again next year. BW has many choices if they choose to run it back. PHO wants to get off about $15M to duck under the tax. There are other teams that may decide to trade out of the tax as it becomes obvious that they won’t make the playoffs. Those can all wait, though. The deadline on all of those is the February trade deadline.

Part of getting the great return in just flat out patience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a deal nears completion?

Donovan Mitc
    @spidadmitc
    Man god is good����
    11:02 AM · Jul 21, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott & Anderson] "I've been receiving texts as we speak that the Donovan Mitc trade is done - it's agreed upon. They're working out the final details to be announced here shortly. ... It's a haul"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...m_source=share

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't imagine what Ainge finessed for Mitc , one of the most overrated players in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true I wonder how plentiful the pick hoarde will be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure the Knicks probably traded for him and gave up a insane amount of picks and will end up being worse with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz went from 2021 top seed to rebuilding in an instant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz went from 2021 top seed to rebuilding in an instant
    They were never going to win a le with Mitc and Gobert as their two best players. Kudos to them for recognizing it and moving on instead of being content to lose in the 1st/2nd round every year. Spurs should have done the same thing with DeMar and LMA in 2019

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were never going to win a le with Mitc and Gobert as their two best players. Kudos to them for recognizing it and moving on instead of being content to lose in the 1st/2nd round every year. Spurs should have done the same thing with DeMar and LMA in 2019

Agreed, not enough to put em over the top so why continue down a dead end. Admiral balls to rip the cord and I agree, so glad the spurs are going less than traditional lately and better late than never. Wish SA would've dumped the mediocrity sooner though, yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure the Knicks probably traded for him and gave up a insane amount of picks and will end up being worse with him.
    Interesting that the Knicks go for Mitc (if it is the case). Thibs has gotta love no D Spida. In the end, they could have had DJ who probably would have been a better fit if they put together the right package.

Thread Information