Page 17 of 134 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see the Spurs doing anything if significance if they’re indeed talking about Murray trades…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think sometimes people conflate the various concepts of "small ball" into one idea, and this is where is goes awry. A small ball center who is 6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan, great standing reach, and can switch on PFs and SFs is a benefit. A 6'7" PF with a 7'1" wingspan who can stay with some guards is a big asset. But a 6'1" SG who doesn't defend well anywhere on the floor is a totally different story. Try and think of the last team who won a chip with a 6'1" SG...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think sometimes people conflate the various concepts of "small ball" into one idea, and this is where is goes awry. A small ball center who is 6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan, great standing reach, and can switch on PFs and SFs is a benefit. A 6'7" PF with a 7'1" wingspan who can stay with some guards is a big asset. But a 6'1" SG who doesn't defend well anywhere on the floor is a totally different story.
    coupled with - 6’6 and 6’7 3 and 4 who can’t defend anywhere on the floor or make an effort to rebound, box out etc

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    REPORT: The Phoenix Suns offered a $16.4M to DeAndre Ayton to make him a restricted free agent.

(via Keith Smith)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richardson and Doug should be prioritized to be traded. Get any future firsts you can even if it means taking on a year of a bad deal etc.

Unless you can land Ayton/Lavine but outside of that clear the path for minutes and get as many picks as you can.
    The Lavine ship has sailed already, Chicago’s official Twitter account announcing that he’s going to grab the bag, and if DJ gets moved, there’s no way they go after Ayton, either.

McD won’t return anything but a SRP from anyone except a top contender. I still say JRich will return a first. Rent some space to Phoenix for Saric’s contract, since they’re in tax jail. Their 2023 FRP should be available when the NBA FY turns over 1 July.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    REPORT: The Phoenix Suns offered a $16.4M to DeAndre Ayton to make him a restricted free agent.

(via Keith Smith)
    Part of me feels all the DJ stuff is a distractions to throw people off on the Ayton scent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just announced Will Hardy will be the Utah Jazz next head coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see the Spurs doing anything if significance if they’re indeed talking about Murray trades…
    I can't see the Spurs doing anything of significance if they keep Murray either. Their big free agent signing is probably Jalen Smith and they then proceed to take on bad contracts to flip them for assets and keep doing the same they did last season. I don't want to trade DJ, but this is how this FO operates. They never make big moves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some good news to cheer you up Spurs Nation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wouldn't be bothered by smaller signings such as jalen smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt anything happens with Jakob but it would be nice to have a shooting big like Turner next to a guy like Sochan
    Zollins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doug/J-Rich/Poeltl could help Suns imo.

I know it’s a cliche but Poeltl is better on a contender
    Suns don’t want any salary. None. They’re STILL looking to offload Saric to lower their inevitable tax bill after resigning Ayton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right but i was thinking they need to renounce to Lonnie or some one else to have the max ?
    They do. Until he’s signed or renounced, his cap hold is like $12-13M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans are supposedly not the only ones who'd like to pair DJ with Ayton

Spurs will probably not even make an offer though

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham - number 22

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably the only smart thing he’s ever done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans are supposedly not the only ones who'd like to pair DJ with Ayton

Spurs will probably not even make an offer though
    Spot on tbh. Keeping Murray and going after Ayton is such a no-brainer move that I'm not surprised BWrong and the short bus crew aren't even exploring it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spot on tbh. Keeping Murray and going after Ayton is such a no-brainer move that I'm not surprised BWrong and the short bus crew aren't even exploring it
    how do you know they aren't or haven't?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe all the DJ leaks are just a diversion to catch the Suns off guard. I would love the Spurs to screw the Suns and give a max offer and force the Suns to match or let Ayton walk for nothing. Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep DJ + Pry Ayton away with a max and some poison pill type provisions + Explore a Poetl for OG Anunoby swap.....

Pipe dreams but man that woulda been a nice offseason coupled with the 3 rookies tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how do you know they aren't or haven't?
    Too much smoke around the Murray stuff leads me to believe they don't have the cajones to make a full commitment to going after Ayton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe all the DJ leaks are just a diversion to catch the Suns off guard. I would love the Spurs to screw the Suns and give a max offer and force the Suns to match or let Ayton walk for nothing. Lol.
    It’s absolutely in the cards and they should do nothing with DJM until that situation resolves itself. Only downside is your cap space gets tied up for a couple of days while Robert Sarver argues with his staff that he doesn’t want to spend money. Not that there’s much else you’re missing out on though.

If Ayton or another RFA target doesn’t pan out, then you can explore DJM options. Especially as teams become more desperate for someone of his level once theoretical free agents are off the market.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been thinking the same thing. Don’t mess around with a S&T, drop an offer sheet at 12:01am.

If they miss out, then pivot to DJ talks. There really isn’t pressure to do the deal right now aside from ATL wanting to use Gallo. But that’s their problem not ours.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s absolutely in the cards and they should do nothing with DJM until that situation resolves itself. Only downside is your cap space gets tied up for a couple of days while Robert Sarver argues with his staff that he doesn’t want to spend money. Not that there’s much else you’re missing out on though.

If Ayton or another RFA target doesn’t pan out, then you can explore DJM options. Especially as teams become more desperate for someone of his level once theoretical free agents are off the market.
    Exactly, but who are the spurs at risk not missing on TBH? Don’t see much risk with tying up the capspace if they go that route.

Thread Information