Post Count
    Adams just agreed to a 2 year $25.2 million dollar extension

Woj

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adams just agreed to a 2 year $25.2 million dollar extension

Woj
    Takes them out of the run ing for Jak next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins gets 109mm/4yr.

Good deal for both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna be a dramatic year, seeing what happens with Draymond. I think Golden State might finally be at the point where they think they have enough pieces to replace him next year. Lacob said this summer he was ok with a $400 mil payroll, but they're already far beyond that with the new Poole and Wiggins deals. Draymond has one of the most complicated legacies of all modern NBA stars-- he fit(s) that team perfectly, and was a valuable part of 4 championships, but is also responsible for ruining what would've arguably been the best NBA season ever. Add to that the fact that his impact slipped last year while Wiggins became the defensive star of the finals, and it makes for an interesting decision for the Warriors to have to face.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna be a dramatic year, seeing what happens with Draymond. I think Golden State might finally be at the point where they think they have enough pieces to replace him next year. Lacob said this summer he was ok with a $400 mil payroll, but they're already far beyond that with the new Poole and Wiggins deals. Draymond has one of the most complicated legacies of all modern NBA stars-- he fit(s) that team perfectly, and was a valuable part of 4 championships, but is also responsible for ruining what would've arguably been the best NBA season ever. Add to that the fact that his impact slipped last year while Wiggins became the defensive star of the finals, and it makes for an interesting decision for the Warriors to have to face.
    People always say this as if it would have been a fait accompli otherwise, while ignoring that the Cavaliers stumbled into a rotation that gave them a fighting chance defensively and James authored arguably the greatest three game stretch in history, with Irving not too far behind.

A great defensive big will always be more valuable on that side of the ball than a great (and Wiggins isn't even that) defensive perimeter player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People always say this as if it would have been a fait accompli otherwise, while ignoring that the Cavaliers stumbled into a rotation that gave them a fighting chance defensively and James authored arguably the greatest three game stretch in history, with Irving not too far behind.

A great defensive big will always be more valuable on that side of the ball than a great (and Wiggins isn't even that) defensive perimeter player.
    Lacob is already talking with his checkbook, paying Poole and Wiggins. I think if Raymond has another down year, the writing will be on the wall, and when he picks up his option next summer, they’ll trade him into cap room. He’ll be 34 at that point, with two declining years in a row.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lacob is already talking with his checkbook, paying Poole and Wiggins. I think if Raymond has another down year, the writing will be on the wall, and when he picks up his option next summer, they’ll trade him into cap room. He’ll be 34 at that point, with two declining years in a row.
    I was more so making a general statement than advocating for giving him a big, long-term extension.

He showed signs of significant slippage last season and despite his basketball IQ and ball skills (dribble, pass, not shoot obviously), undersized hustle oriented bigs generally don't age gracefully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dray is getting 15-20mm a year tops and that is if he balls out. He is an MLE guy otherwise. Wiseman and Looney can push him out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dray is getting 15-20mm a year tops and that is if he balls out. He is an MLE guy otherwise. Wiseman and Looney can push him out.
    They wouldn't disrespect him by offering that relatively low and Wiseman and Looney can't play the four.

A combination of aging, finances and Kuminga and to a lesser extent Baldwin Jr., is what'll push him out if/when.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn't disrespect him by offering that relatively low and Wiseman and Looney can't play the four.

A combination of aging, finances and Kuminga and to a lesser extent Baldwin Jr., is what'll push him out if/when.
    Yeah I just think they can replace Dray by committee if he doesn’t take a handsome paycut. Draymond was the worst player on the court for long stretches of last season at least his lil altercation-with Poole humbled him but humility isn’t going to bring back his game. He is 2 years away from being Udonis Haslem.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dray played 36 min per game in the finals nobody is close to replacing him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dray played 36 min per game in the finals nobody is close to replacing him.
    Another year of developing Wiseman, Kuminga and to a much lesser extent PBJ and I think the Warriors will have to make a tough decision if he isn’t going to take a paycut. He’s really going to have to earn another big contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. Wiseman and Looney can be 6 fouls a game kind of bigs, but Draymond is literally allowed to get away with twice as many fouls every game and at least one tech per game to boot. This allows him to guard players better than anyone else could under ordinary officiating.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KPJ just signed for $82M with Houston over 4 years...only the first year is guaranteed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nassir Little extends for 4 years and $28M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think you can say this definitively in the modern NBA. Specific situations and match ups matter too much for it to be the case. I can certainly envision scenarios where a great defender like a prime Kawhi or other Scottie Pippin type guy could be more important than an Embiid or a Gobert. Look at the play in game last year... who was more effective defensively-- Herb Jones or Poeltl? It was Herb by a mile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KPJ just signed for $82M with Houston over 4 years...only the first year is guaranteed.
    I really like how they structured that deal. Very fair for both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wieskamp waived

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like how they structured that deal. Very fair for both sides.
    Agreed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was the right move I believe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you can say this definitively in the modern NBA. Specific situations and match ups matter too much for it to be the case. I can certainly envision scenarios where a great defender like a prime Kawhi or other Scottie Pippin type guy could be more important than an Embiid or a Gobert. Look at the play in game last year... who was more effective defensively-- Herb Jones or Poeltl? It was Herb by a mile.
    I'm talking about in general, not in specific instances. Of course, in small sample sizes virtually anything is liable to happen.

Even the hipster, groupthink stat geeks nerds, who despise bigs, have admitted that they predictably still have greater defensive impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Primo got his license.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Bouknight arrested for DUI, apprently the FOURTH reckless/DUI charge in the last twelve months.

Hornets getting to be the new Jailblazers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D Hunter signs 4 years for $95M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D Hunter signs 4 years for $95M
    Yikes. Keldon’s deal is going to look like insane value in 2years.

Thread Information