Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, that's the point. CHA tanking this season and getting a top 3 draft pick could increase the odds of them being a playoff team one of the following two years and thus more likely the pick conveys.
    I don’t think a team like CHA, who is already a fringe playoff team, losing Rozier and Bridges, and replacing them with a rookie (even a talented one) makes them any better next 2 years. But maybe I’m wrong

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the idea of getting Westbrook was to save Lebron's legs for the postseason. But yes for all of the depth they gave up (and I suggested getting in on that by trading DDR there) there were going to have issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers should burn for that Westbrook trade and not be rewarded out. I'm not sure how often it's been when a star wants to go to your team and you just don't have close to the assets to make it happen and match salaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dan Weiss
    danWeissPBP
    3m
    Jeremy Sochan & Malaki Branham both officially sign their first contracts with the Spurs. Blake Wesley signed his deal Tuesday.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iirc this means the Spurs can't trade any of Sochan/Branham/Wesley until August 15. Not that they plan to anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    24mAdding on his partial guarantee for 2022-2023 prior to the Spurs waiving him, Gallinari will make $17M-plus this season and now joins the championship chase with the Celtics.

30m
    After clearing waivers, free agent F Danilo Gallinari has agreed on a two-year, $13.3M deal with the Boston Celtics, his agent Michael Tellem of @excelbasketball tells ESPN. Deal is fully guaranteed and includes a player option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what was the deal with including Landale? It seems like they were in a big rush to get the trade completed right away. Did they think Atlanta might have second thoughts? Did we lose a serviceable player for nothing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what was the deal with including Landale? It seems like they were in a big rush to get the trade completed right away. Did they think Atlanta might have second thoughts? Did we lose a serviceable player for nothing?
    I think the spurs we’re just desperate to bring back Gorgui Dieng jk idk definitely think the KD stuff made something fall through but who knows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

39s
    After clearing waivers, free agent C Taj Gibson has agreed to a one-year deal with the Washington Wizards, his agent Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tells ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone get info or injury raport for Jaren Jackson Jr? How is his rehab?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Morris.

When you have the framework done, pull the trigger, especially when you’re robbing someone. Only bad things can happen if you wait. None of the Kyrie/KD drama had started. That could have adversely affected the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what was the deal with including Landale? …

Most likely a favor to him. Jock’s contract calls for 1.5M next season but none of it is guaranteed yet. He has to be on a roster on Oct 1 to get that money. But he’s not in the Spurs plans for next season. Obviously. If they simply cut him he’d lose that. By including him in the trade he’s still got a chance at it. Also, he got $46,000 just by being in the trade. Not a fortune but enough to buy a lot of pizza.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were like 50k short in players going out to match the salaries as per rules. Spurs choices were like wisekamp, cacok, Jones, diop and Landale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this is enough to knock Indy out of the top-10 of next year’s projected lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will also knock PHX out of the KD sweepstakes, though I think he ends up staying in BKN anyways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will also knock PHX out of the KD sweepstakes, though I think he ends up staying in BKN anyways.
    I'm not sure it knocks them out but it does shorten the timeline to get it done with Brooklyn. They'd need to expand the Ayton deal as a S&T and rope in a couple more teams to get it done asap...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is Nets don't want Ayton. If they did, I think that deal would likely have been done over the weekend after it became clear that Indiana was a threat to get him. Are the Suns content with Bismack and Jock?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this is enough to knock Indy out of the top-10 of next year’s projected lottery.
    they've been saying this since last week

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is Nets don't want Ayton. If they did, I think that deal would likely have been done over the weekend after it became clear that Indiana was a threat to get him. Are the Suns content with Bismack and Jock?
    if they are getting assets back in a sign and trade they can figure that out later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they are getting assets back in a sign and trade they can figure that out later.
    If the Pacers can and are willing to sign Ayton to an offer sheet, those assets are unlikely to be significant. To get KD Phoenix will still likely need to both gut their roster & mortgage their future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could this make Myles Turner the odd man out?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooklyn has no reason to trade him for scraps when he's under contract four more years. Let that ring chaser retire if he doesn't want to honor his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD is in a bad spot. unlike previous players like harden and nephew, he has way too many years left on his deal. the nets have all the leverage here. KD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they've been saying this since last week
    The holdup reportedly has been that Indiana still hasn’t officially traded Malcolm Brogdon to Boston because he has yet to complete his physical. Brogdon is reportedly undergoing that physical today, so the deal will be finalized tomorrow. Once that cap space opens, then Indy can sign-and-trade Myles Turner for Ayton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD is in a bad spot. unlike previous players like harden and nephew, he has way too many years left on his deal. the nets have all the leverage here. KD.
    Yea KD is ed. He’s gonna have to suck it up and play for Brooklyn for at least another season, cause their asking price is way too high for any of these teams. No one is gutting their roster + multiple draft picks for 34 year old KD at this point, and they shouldn’t.

Thread Information