Page 104 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant control that. I am going to the games and spending money….I am just not buying season tickets. Everyone could do what I do and the attendance numbers would be high while still having low season ticket sales
    Not blaming you my dude. Blaming ownership for charging a crazy amount of money to watch a product they know will be terrible. Either they profit or drag attendance down to help facilitate a move; its win-win for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not blaming you my dude. Blaming ownership for charging a crazy amount of money to watch a product they know will be terrible. Either they profit or drag attendance down to help facilitate a move; its win-win for them.
    I know you were not blaming me lol - was just outlining the path where attendance may still be ok but ticket sale revenues down. So they may not be able to show a lack of attendance is what I was getting at..

My guess is less people will go to games though when they are not any good. Especially if they do not lower prices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take those odds as a Magic fan. Paolo is legit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m rooting for meaningful wins also which means losing as many games as possible this year. Every fame we lose is a win. If we can stay compe ive and develop some of these young guys great. Whether Primo and Vassell are out the league 2 yrs from now or not I could care less if we are in a position to draft a potential cornerstone players the few drafts.
    Why would Vassell be out of the league in two years? Do you think that little of him? I don't rate Primo highly, but I do think Vassell will be a very good player. I thought he was one of our two best players in the play-in game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Vassell be out of the league in two years? Do you think that little of him? I don't rate Primo highly, but I do think Vassell will be a very good player. I thought he was one of our two best players in the play-in game.
    which isn't saying much but on this team vassell will have every opportunity to succeed . If he can be around 15/16 ppg I'll be thrilled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think he will be out the league. I think he probably has a very long and serviceable career. Will
    probably help a team win meaningful games one day.

The fact that Vassell was one of our best players in a play-in game isn’t reason for optimism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take those odds as a Magic fan. Paolo is legit.
    DRob and Duncan have the second (35) and first (36) most wins improvement in NBA history. Neither one rang as a rookie. Paolo may well be legit, but he won’t have the impact of our two HOFers, and he won’t ring this year. Betting Orlando to ring this year is throwing away money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which isn't saying much but on this team vassell will have every opportunity to succeed . If he can be around 15/16 ppg I'll be thrilled
    Vassell and Keldon will both top 20 ppg. With Lonnie and DJ gone, that’s 33 points worth of touches up for grabs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think he will be out the league. I think he probably has a very long and serviceable career. Will
    probably help a team win meaningful games one day.

The fact that Vassell was one of our best players in a play-in game isn’t reason for optimism.
    It actually really is. He’s a legit 3 level scorer who kept a cool head under pressure and performed. All he needs is more touches, and with 33 points and associated touches out the door this summer, he’ll get them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It actually really is. He’s a legit 3 level scorer who kept a cool head under pressure and performed. All he needs is more touches, and with 33 points and associated touches out the door this summer, he’ll get them.
    Someone on this team needs to help these guys get those touches by being a floor leader, offensive threat and capable distributor.

Assuming JRich doesn’t see a material role or traded who will that be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone on this team needs to help these guys get those touches by being a floor leader, offensive threat and capable distributor.

Assuming JRich doesn’t see a material role or traded who will that be?
    Tre.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I think the offense will look drastically different with Tre as the pass-first floor general. He might end up being the 4th option when he's on the floor. Certainly behind Keldon and Vassell, and probably Primo and Zollins too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Vassell has a huge breakout year. Otherwise passing on Haliburton will officially become a major drafting error by the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Tre and he is my dark horse to have a very meaningful/breakout year but he isn’t much of a scoring threat which makes it harder to open up the game for others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Vassell has a huge breakout year. Otherwise passing on Haliburton will officially become a major drafting error by the Spurs.
    Haliburton let teams know that he wanted a Sacto. Having recently had a former draft pick exit the franchise in an ugly fashion, they respected Halliburton’s wishes. Ironic, since Sacto dumped him less than 2 years on. That’s right, Sacramento dumped a player WHO WANTED TO BE THERE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Tre and he is my dark horse to have a very meaningful/breakout year but he isn’t much of a scoring threat which makes it harder to open up the game for others.
    He never has a problem getting to the rim and scoring when he wants. That’s a high level skill for a non shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He never has a problem getting to the rim and scoring when he wants. That’s a high level skill for a non shooter.
    He gets to the rim admirably. If we could infuse Primo/Tre into one player you’d have something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton let teams know that he wanted a Sacto. Having recently had a former draft pick exit the franchise in an ugly fashion, they respected Halliburton’s wishes. Ironic, since Sacto dumped him less than 2 years on. That’s right, Sacramento dumped a player WHO WANTED TO BE THERE.
    Anybody who wanted to go to Sacto may have some other issues (as well) exstatic...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody who wanted to go to Sacto may have some other issues (as well) exstatic...
    Probably more about who was drafting around his projected range so city and opportunity.

Just googled him he is cousings with Eddie Jones who is also a cousin of Jalen Suggs. makes my head hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The jury on if drafting Vassell over Haliburton isn’t all on Vassell. That’s on Haliburton, too. For all we know, he tapers off and everybody forgets about him just like with what happened with Brogdon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He probably didn’t want to go somewhere flooded with guards especially a place like San Antonio where Brynn Forbes might play ahead of you nightly. Worked out damn well for him. This is the part of player empowerment I respect and something PATFO need to adapt to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you were not blaming me lol - was just outlining the path where attendance may still be ok but ticket sale revenues down. So they may not be able to show a lack of attendance is what I was getting at..

My guess is less people will go to games though when they are not any good. Especially if they do not lower prices.
    I joked to a friend in the Spurs organization that 'tickets to see a game against the Kings on the 20th row on a Tuesday are more than front row tickets to see the Stones.' Perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but maybe not. I gave up my season tickets for a variety of reasons and also find it hard to believe as many people will spend money on a team that frequently loses, even if enjoying watching the rebuild. My tickets for the 15th row by the tunnel were > $200 a game.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like getting tix from Stubhub is going to be the way to go. And hopefully the ushers let people sneak down but I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like a lot about tre. it'd be great if his three point shooting % shows improvement this season (as well as his volume of three point attempts).

Thread Information