Page 130 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 3333
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pistons are sending Kelly Olynyk and Saben Lee to the Jazz for Bojan Bogdanovic, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII.

Shams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pistons are sending Kelly Olynyk and Saben Lee to the Jazz for Bojan Bogdanovic, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII.

Shams
    Basically gave Bogdanovich away. Not even much money saved. Olynyk can probably moved for a second down the line but still.

Good news for us. One less asset off the market and a fk you to Lakers lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. I really didn't see Bodganovic going for that, or to Detroit. A few takaways from it:
    1) Detroit's tanking is over, they've got their foundation and are now focused on developing them. Adding a veteran shooter can help open things up for their young guys (Ivey, Cunningham, Hayes, etc.), and getting rid of a center getting in the way of Duren.
    2) Utah REALLY doesn't want anything to mess with their tanking. It's going to get ugly.
    3) Ainge is petty... when he can't get what he wants, he's just making sure the other party doesn't either. A big F you to every contender who pursued Bogdanovic and didn't want to pay up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. I really didn't see Bodganovic going for that, or to Detroit. A few takaways from it:
    1) Detroit's tanking is over, they've got their foundation and are now focused on developing them. Adding a veteran shooter can help open things up for their young guys (Ivey, Cunningham, Hayes, etc.), and getting rid of a center getting in the way of Duren.
    2) Utah REALLY doesn't want anything to mess with their tanking. It's going to get ugly.
    3) Ainge is petty... when he can't get what he wants, he's just making sure the other party doesn't either. A big F you to every contender who pursued Bogdanovic and didn't want to pay up.
    Good takes. They also have Sadiq Bey who was pretty impressive in his 2nd year plus Bagley showed some promise once he got there last season.

And they have solid cap space.

Ainge can afford to be Petty given the haul he got for Gobert and Mitc ; the tanks is more important than a distant, protected FRP. PATFO needs to take notes at two franchises who are making progress in turning things around in short order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdanovic isn't that valuable. That's something that folks were missing when discussing trades. It's not uber surprising he didn't go for much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdanovic isn't that valuable. That's something that folks were missing when discussing trades. It's not uber surprising he didn't go for much.
    Utah took a sure thing. I think he had more value in a bigger package. I can’t help but think how helpful he could have been for a true contender in a limited role.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely more valuable than McBuckets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 33 and expiring, and that certainly caps his value, but he's a proven scorer who shoots near 40% shooter from 3, and can contribute right now at a high level for any playoff team. There's no way they couldn't get a better offer than that if they were willing to wait a bit, or use him in a bigger package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean…Utah got no picks and took on an extra year of salary in Kelly. It’s a head-scratcher tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean…Utah got no picks and took on an extra year of salary in Kelly. It’s a head-scratcher tbh
    It’s only 3mm guaranteed for Olynyk in year two and he will score an SRP by the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s only 3mm guaranteed for Olynyk in year two and he will score an SRP by the deadline.
    Sure but it still puts money on the books next year that otherwise wouldn’t be there - not a huge deal but to not get a pick and taking on 3M next year? Odd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although Utah is in tank mode, I think Ainge is getting rid of players he as a former coach doesn't particularly care to have on his team( overpaid and a distraction) . If he gets tons of players and picks while tanking/restarting, it just shows he's better at his job than most GM's or whatever le he has now.

He isn't finished yet. The league should beware, and as for the Lakers, Ainge doesn't give a crap about them and won't trade a semi-valuable asset to them for crappy, over paid, washed up players. Rob Pelinka is crying somewhere in his small office next to LeBron's big GM office. I know Russ may still get traded somewhere, but its less likely he goes to Utah not with Ainge in charge. If any GM sticks it to the lakers it will be Ainge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure but it still puts money on the books next year that otherwise wouldn’t be there - not a huge deal but to not get a pick and taking on 3M next year? Odd
    Tanking is more important and Ainge probably enjoyed trying to tax the Lakers and finally said fk you. Stubbornness, ego and pettiness are real at the general management level. Relationships matter too.

I think today’s trade is good for us.
    Last edited by KingKev; 09-22-2022 at 03:48 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible trade by the Jazz, but Ainge is one of the golden boys to national media types, so that'll lessen the blow publicly.

Interestingly, that's four relatively prominent players (Wood, Grant, Brogdon, Bogdanovic) this off season who have now been traded for significantly less than expected.

Not a good sign for what Poeltl and to a lesser extent Richardson are likely to command.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible trade by the Jazz, but Ainge is one of the golden boys to national media types, so that'll lessen the blow publicly.

Interestingly, that's four relatively prominent players (Wood, Grant, Brogdon, Bogdanovic) this off season who have now been traded for significantly less than expected.

Not a good sign for what Poeltl and to a lesser extent Richardson are likely to command.
    Poeltl and JRich are two way players who won’t cause you any problems. Wood is a ing head case that was being dumped to make way for Sengün, and similarly Brogdon was move to fully give the keys to Halliburton, and not cause problems.

People on this forum also tend to value players way differently than actual GMs, leaning hard into counting stats in spite of the move to advanced stats/WS/BPM. All front offices use those heavily, and I’d bet that >25 front offices would value Poeltl higher than any of those four players. Posters on this forum are like baseball fans still obsessing over batting average in like 2010.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl and JRich are two way players who won’t cause you any problems. Wood is a ing head case that was being dumped to make way for Sengün, and similarly Brogdon was move to fully give the keys to Halliburton, and not cause problems.

People on this forum also tend to value players way differently than actual GMs, leaning hard into counting stats in spite of the move to advanced stats/WS/BPM. All front offices use those heavily, and I’d bet that >25 front offices would value Poeltl higher than any of those four players. Posters on this forum are like baseball fans still obsessing over batting average in like 2010.
    Advanced analytics aren’t be all end all. Any astute GM should be using a plethora of information/metrics and apply differing weights as they see fit with what works in their system.

Like valuing any asset or potential liability. It’s not black and white.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I know (Brogdon was also a salary dump whose value tanked due to his being injury prone), I'm just saying.

Partially true, but many catch all metrics paint rim running/protecting centers like Poeltl in a better light than the likes of Brogdon and Grant, but they have more value in a playoff setting because as wing sized 3 and D types who offer varying degrees of shot creation/play making, they're far harder to exploit than a limited player like Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking is more important and Ainge probably enjoyed trying to tax the Lakers and finally said fk you. Stubbornness, ego and pettiness are real at the general management level. Relationships matter too.

I think today’s trade is good for us.
    No way. It absolutely crushed trade values for Doug & Josh. Maybe Jakob too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doug never had trade value.

This is one more veteran player removed from the market from an unlikely buyer. If/when the Lakers the bed the first 15 games and are forced to make a move we are now relatively more compe ive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but I thought Boggo was just what Bron and AD needed to win a ring?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob's market value is much more closely tied with the asking price for Myles Turner than anything else, which so far is sky high. We should just capitalize on that sooner rather than later, because time might change that.
    Also it came out that Bodganovic's price is also tied to Utah's refusal to take back salary, because they did receive offers for first rounders but with other players attached. I think most of us are in agreement that Josh Richardson in a vacuum is unlikely to net us a first, but putting it all together, if we're willing to wait for the right time and accept some salary back, we might actually be able to pull it of (or for a package including him, more appropriately).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lateral meh trade. Folks probably confusing the more talented Atlanta player with the good but older Utah player with a similar Slavic last name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lateral meh trade. Folks probably confusing the more talented Atlanta player with the good but older Utah player with a similar Slavic last name.
    The last name isn't similar, it's the same. Even the first names are similar: Bojan (formerly Utah, now Detroit) vs Bogdan (Atlanta). But I think it's you who has them confused.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob's market value is much more closely tied with the asking price for Myles Turner than anything else, which so far is sky high. We should just capitalize on that sooner rather than later, because time might change that.
    Also it came out that Bodganovic's price is also tied to Utah's refusal to take back salary, because they did receive offers for first rounders but with other players attached. I think most of us are in agreement that Josh Richardson in a vacuum is unlikely to net us a first, but putting it all together, if we're willing to wait for the right time and accept some salary back, we might actually be able to pull it of (or for a package including him, more appropriately).
    Maybe, but by definition (IMO) they took back salary. Kelly has an extra year on his deal. So sure, they saved some money this year, but they added 3M to the books next year. Just odd IMO even if its not a big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but by definition (IMO) they took back salary. Kelly has an extra year on his deal. So sure, they saved some money this year, but they added 3M to the books next year. Just odd IMO even if its not a big deal.
    Detroit also sent 1.7mm cash to cover Saben Lee’s 2022-23 salary.

They save 6.5mm in 2022-23 and added 3mm to 2023-24 if Olynyk isn’t moved before next year. Olynyk will probably look attractive come trade deadline for a playoff team looking to add depth so I bet he is moved again.

Thread Information