Page 1 of 134 123451151101 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free agency officially begins next week and there’s already lots of rumors swirling around so figured I’d get the thread rollin’.

Key dates:

June 23rd: NBA Draft
    June 29th: Last day for Player Options/Qualifying Offers
    June 30th: Free Agency begins (6:00pm EST)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Likely just opting out for a bigger bag. Then once he inevitably gets tired of losing after a year or two he can demand a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything HAS to be better then the last spurs free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow can they afford that and resign Wiggins as well? The bank is going to bust once they start losing and going on a long downward spiral with all their bad contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every era has much talked-about players who had no impact on their era whatsoever. Bradley Beale is that guy -- utterly no impact on the direction the league went, never mattered in the playoffs, never did much of anything of note.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think we’ve discussed Bridges as a RFA target enough. I’m sure both he and CHA want to continue that relationship, but apparently they need to move Hayward first. Maybe we can help make it difficult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything HAS to be better then the last spurs free agency
    RC Bufford and Wright:
    "Hold my beer"

----------
    Actually I have no idea but I am already laughing at all the sarcastic joke.potential available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That warriors lux tax bill

They will probably move on a few contracts though right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poole's not even a free agent. Unless they Warriors pull a Jokic and decline his option to reup him, he's not going to be commanding anything. They can't even extend him for that amount. Just flying on whichever wall you can find.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poole's not even a free agent. Unless they Warriors pull a Jokic and decline his option to reup him, he's not going to be commanding anything. They can't even extend him for that amount. Just flying on whichever wall you can find.

thanks for setting things right Chinook.

Though that Jokic option you mention, can you elaborate a little?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow can they afford that and resign Wiggins as well? The bank is going to bust once they start losing and going on a long downward spiral with all their bad contracts.
    They have no limit in retaining their own players no matter how punitive the lux tax is. They are free to max both as they see fit. Wiggins and Poole are going to have major roles along with Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman next year while they keep Klay, Steph and Dray healthy and rested for another le run. This squad is going to be competing for another 3-5yrs.

Looney and GP2 are likely gone.

Iggy and Otto Porter Jr probs get offered vet mins.

They are also rumoured to be looking to move their 2022 FRP for some small cap releif but mainly because they have a solid pipeline of youth already.
    Last edited by KingKev; 06-22-2022 at 11:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? He is extension eligible this offseason just like KJ is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have no limit in retaining their own players no matter how punitive the lux tax is. They are free to max both as they see fit. Wiggins and Poole are going to have major roles along with Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman next year while they keep Klay, Steph and Dray healthy and rested for another le run. This squad is going to be competing for another 3-5yrs.

They are also rumoured to be looking to move their 2022 FRP for some small cap releif but mainly because they have a solid pipeline of youth already.
    What about their bust? ..... er... I mean Center they drafted a couple of years ago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

still not sure on whether or not wiseman pans out. this year is make or break for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about their bust? ..... er... I mean Center they drafted a couple of years ago?
    He isn’t a bust yet. He’s been injured. In limited action he looked serviceable with upside. Could easily replace Looney in the lineup if healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn’t a bust yet. He’s been injured. In limited action he looked serviceable with upside. Could easily replace Looney in the lineup if healthy.
    We'll see... still a candidate to bust to me. Getting paid a heavy price for not doing much of anything. But yea, they really ought to see what they have there, before shipping him out somewhere if it comes to that.

I could see where he turns into a Zach Collins, where they shed him if the guy just can't stay healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    37 years old... still has suitors. Carmelo doesnt... pay attention to defense Lonnie types.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? He is extension eligible this offseason just like KJ is.
    I keep thinking he was a high-second like McCaw was. Yeah, they can extend him for that, but they have no incentive to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

thanks for setting things right Chinook.

Though that Jokic option you mention, can you elaborate a little?
    As KK pointed out, Poole is on a rookie-scale deal and can sign an extension that would give him that much. I was under the impression that he was a high-second signed to a four-year deal with an option ala Jokic. The Nuggets had a choice back in the day of getting Jokic for a fourth cheap year then risk him being a UFA or opt out of the deal a year early to keep his RFA rights. They chose to do that and gave him a five-year max so they didn't have to risk him leaving for nothing. Obviously it was a good decision. I thought that GS would be in a similar position but choose to keep that final year, since Poole wouldn't have the leverage to force the Warriors into the tax early. If they kept him, they would not be able to give him that much, again assuming he wasn't on a rookie-scale extension. He is, so the point I was making is moot.

Thread Information