Page 39 of 134 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not sure if it really gets them interested in Jak though. If Adams went down I could see it, but I can't see them chasing Jak to replace JJJ. Maybe they'd be in play for Jalen Smith now.
    Poeltl can do things defensively that Adams can't tbh (defending the perimeter/switching/defending the PnR). Without JJJ they don't have a big who can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BREAKING: Jaren Jackson, Jr.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adams was totally unplayable in the playoffs because he can't move. Poeltl has his issues and limitations too but he's a very good switch defender, he'd fit well on the Grizz.
    Yeah Memphis will miss Jackson especially with rim protection. He erased a lot of their perimeter defensive issues.

Looking at rim protection metrics JJJ was second in the league after Jarrett Allen at DFG% inside 6 feet (minimum 30 games and 4 DFGA per game). Jakob has the highest DFGA per game at 8.6 because of how ty the Spurs perimeter defense was probably.

Adams 60.5% and 5.8 DFGA
    Jakob 55.6% at 8.6 DFGA
    JJJ 49.6% at 5.1 DFGA

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/de...ayerPosition=C

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see the Spurs going on Sexton.

He's injured so the price will not be high, he'll be a cheapest dejounte replacement and even if you want to lose he'll not be totally healthy .... and the spurs were rumored to like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs really need a pg. Sexton is a good passer but not a point. Also spurs would only sign sexton if his contract becomes an asset come a deadline in a season or 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs really need a pg. Sexton is a good passer but not a point. Also spurs would only sign sexton if his contract becomes an asset come a deadline in a season or 2.
    Ok for the first part but not with the second one. Sexton is 23, he could be a part of the rebuild. If healthy he could be a really good piece price wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok for the first part but not with the second one. Sexton is 23, he could be a part of the rebuild. If healthy he could be a really good piece price wise.
    Maybe. I like him. I think it'll take 2x20mil to make Cavs not match

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barf.

What on earth for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ hahhaa which on of ya’ll made that….

I must admit I absolutely despise this guy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why? Are you one of these dudes upset about moving Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Are you one of these dudes upset about moving Murray?
    I’m okay with moving Murray if they show us they are fully committed to a tank/rebuild. I’m still not convinced they are so the next few weeks will be telling. Not wanting to eventually pay Murray as a motivating factor is still tough to swallow.

Murray trade aside he has had a very mixed track record at best. This past trade deadline was the only time he has shown any real prowess.

Maybe I should reserve judgment until he gets a chance to be his true own man when Pop retires…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why? No Mo Bamba offer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

God damn! I think someone asked about how good he was a couple days ago.
    I was the one that asked. I was saying that he put up some big numbers towards the end of the season, but it was for a tanking team, so I wasn't sure how good he was. I will still ask, is he actually any good? Seems Portland thinks so, wow, what a contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? No Mo Bamba offer?
    It took him 3 years to finally choose a direction and we can’t be sure till we see how he spends this 35mm in remaining cap.

I was on record last fall saying we are closer to another “rebuild” than we are a true playoff team when most thought we were only a player away from being a solid playoff team.

The Murray trade makes some sense at tbis point but it didn’t have to be this way if we choose a direction sooner. We could have been tanking AND had a building block in Murray.

A wise man once told me you can’t get a girl half pregnant…. that is all Wright has been doing during his tenure as GM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe he actually posted this.

Like yeah, you've made a couple good moves recently, but this ain't gonna help any relationships with said teams he be "fleecing"

Let's also not act like you've built anything close to a contender yet, Wright. It's not that hard to put together a team that sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Like yeah, you've made a couple good moves recently, but this ain't gonna help any relationships with said teams he be "fleecing"

Let's also not act like you've built anything close to a contender yet, Wright. It's not that hard to put together a team that sucks
    Dex did not understand the assignment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dex did not understand the assignment.
    Ah I've been bamboozled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me a break, I haven't even had my coffee yet

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took him 3 years to finally choose a direction and we can’t be sure till we see how he spends this 35mm in remaining cap.

I was on record last fall saying we are closer to another “rebuild” than we are a true playoff team when most thought we were only a player away from being a solid playoff team.

The Murray trade makes some sense at tbis point but it didn’t have to be this way if we choose a direction sooner. We could have been tanking AND had a building block in Murray.

A wise man once told me you can’t get a girl half pregnant…. that is all Wright has been doing during his tenure as GM.
    I find myself in agreement with much of this... in hindsight if we had done this earlier we could already have had the talent to have put beside DJ instead of pursuing mediocrity and ending up a 10th seed. I do wonder though how much of that was Wright and how much of that was Pop pursuing his win total? I feel like Wright didn't really have a choice in that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking heads on both BSPN and FS1 have been throwing around the idea of the Nets chasing Pop to somehow fix the franchise the last couple of days.

How do these casuals get these jobs? Not only would Pop never do that, but the MF'er is senile and isn't saving anyone. Do they even watch Spurs games? (rhetorical - I know they don't).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah I've been bamboozled
    haha all love man.

Twitter fingers Brian Wright taking subs at Dejounte Murray!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

not really his fault I think. More like Pop and RC overseeing everything. He did all the right things last season. This offseason will be really telling though. He says he got a plan to get back to contention quickly, so let's see if he can execute it the Wright way

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson is nearing a five-year rookie max contract extension worth up to $231 million, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The commitment will take Williamson’s new deal through the 2027-28 season.

I don't think this will age very well...

Thread Information