Page 64 of 134 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

Youth development + increasing trade value + allowing the chips to fall where they may fall > purposely aiming for a losing culture to surround a franchise player (who we may or may not get) with a loser environment and low trade value players

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that we want go have the best possible chance to get Wembanyama (yes 14% before Body shows up to restate it) but on the off chance that Primo blows up and KJ and Vassell improve to the point that it replaces all of the wins we just gave up by moving DJ and hopefully Jak we should celebrate that because of all of the future draft capital we would have acquired. We also should really rest those guys the last 1/3 rd of the season make sure they are super fresh for the following season...and if it costs us 10 wins or so then so be it.... everything can work out....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Suns get KD. Maybe GSW will trade Wiseman for a win now player like Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that we want go have the best possible chance to get Wembanyama (yes 14% before Body shows up to restate it) but on the off chance that Primo blows up and KJ and Vassell improve to the point that it replaces all of the wins we just gave up by moving DJ and hopefully Jak we should celebrate that because of all of the future draft capital we would have acquired. We also should really rest those guys the last 1/3 rd of the season make sure they are super fresh for the following season...and if it costs us 10 wins or so then so be it.... everything can work out....
    I see what you did there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama would be ideal, but as long as The Spurs get a top 4 pick I’d be happy. I trust our front office to identify the best player on the 2nd tier of the draft group. Much more luck involved when picking 9th or 11th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are under estimating the loss of Murray on other guys development. I think Keldon takes a step back this year tbh. He made great strides with his offensive game the last 2 seasons but he has no chance at being a primary option which is what he is now. Murray’s absence will be to both he and Jak’s detriment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Lakers have any leverage though... if they don't deal they waste another year of Lebron and are stuck with WB... if the Nets don't deal they're stuck with Kyrie but they don't have the same pressure to look like they're competing for a championship because KD won't be there... Doug could help LA with his shooting too (and doesn't he have a cheaper and shorter contract than Harris and isn't coming off injury?)

I also think Brooklyn might be able to use that TE...and if they still wanted WB the player they can get him cheap after we buy him out.
    They do because it's seemingly either the Nets pay Irving $36M to not play or get 1-2 1sts from the Lakers (Charania is Irving's mouthpiece, so I'm skeptical of the reported Mavericks/76ers interest).

On McDermott, I meant more so contractually. According to Haynes, the Lakers want Curry, who makes significantly less than Harris and McDermott.

If Irving to the Lakers goes through, expect the Nets to buy Westbrook out and I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the league to start the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Wembanyama / Wiseman twin towers team... OMG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that would be the dumbest thing they can do. I understand doing it last year, but this year they should absolutely try their best to be the worst team in the entire league.
    I think where some fans get stuck is on the language used.

Hoping they are good enough to be a play in team again, is fan hope. I wont get in the way of anyone cheering for the Spurs to be more or less at the same level and make it, because it would probably mean some of their rookies look amazing, better than expected for age and experience/draft range.

Spurs trading away their best player, and potentially trading Jakob as well its going to result in more losses. Whether people call that intentionally losing, tanking, trying hard but not quite being good enough, etc., the Spurs have made tanky moves vs win now moves, so I know where they are.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No news here.

But it is too good to be missed here at ST:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No news here.

But it is too good to be missed here at ST:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon looks like someone just told him Santa doesn’t exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“…pretty sure Primo is ready” we are losing a lot of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’ve said his demeanor on that highlight film looked more serious than he’s usual jolly self. He’s bummed it’s going to be a losing season. But it’s just a matter of buying in and trusting that Spurs FO is doing it’s best to get back in contention, slowly but surely. The important thing is getting the most opportunities to learn earning more minutes and responsibilities, now as a oldest tenured Spurs… at 22

”I’m pretty sure Primo is ready”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Wembanyama / Wiseman twin towers team... OMG!
    I'm all for it!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama would be ideal, but as long as The Spurs get a top 4 pick I’d be happy.
    How Chet Holmgren does will probably have a lot to do with Wembanyama's draft stock (they look like twins).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Chet Holmgren does will probably have a lot to do with Wembanyama's draft stock (they look like twins).
    There is no question of his position. He’s as sure of a #1 as Duncan or LeBron. He’s not Holmgren.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no question of his position. He’s as sure of a #1 as Duncan or LeBron. He’s not Holmgren.
    Also his frame is much larger, he should be able to fill up much better once he gets to the NBA, also he projects to be much more dominant on offense that Chet is... I don't see anyone second guessing Wembanyama like they (rightfully IMO) did Chet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021-2022 - the Spurs let go their best players

the Spurs have made tanky moves vs win now moves, so I know where they are.”

oops, I guess that 2021 season didn’t work out as planned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (About Victor Wembanyama of France): "I don’t really give too many people credit, but I give credit to this guy right here. I thought I was tall, I thought I had long arms, but he takes it to a whole other level. He moves great. He’s got a shot. He’s got skills too. He’s gonna be a rich man one day. I know he’s gonna keep working. Hopefully I’ll be able to see him in the NBA and continue to play against him for a long time." - USA forward Chet Holmgren

https://www.fiba.basketball/es/world...a#tab=boxscore
    Final game USA vs France:
    Wembanyama: 22 pts, 8 reb, 9 blocks
    Holmgren: 10 pts, 5 reb., 5 asists, 0 blocks

Oh... Wembanyama is almost 2 years younger than Holmgren...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama's wingspan seems like something out of Jurassic Park... he's a f*ng pterodactyl...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he destroyed Holmgren while being 1.5 years younger

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is his lateral movement can he guard outside the paint?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they do that when they just won the championship ostensibly without either?

At this point, Wiseman has far more value to them than to the league, so they might as well find out what they have.

Random Poeltl trade that just sprung to mind: Along with Langford for Birch, Flynn, Koloko, '24 lottery protected 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're probably right. But don't forget Holmgren was consensus No. 1 this time last year.

Thread Information