Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to realize Portland is absorbing Grant’s final year into cap space. Re-signing Nurk and Simmons wil leave them with just the MLE.

So their retool is Grant, Sharpe and a PJ Tucker/Otto Porter type player. Hardly a successful retool.

Detroit gets an FRP for a player they have no interest in resigning, without taking back anything. Sounds like a win.
    I get it, but getting a pick that won't convey for 3 years and stands a good chance of being a late 1st for the second most desirable current archetype, is not a win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's it for Grant? Wow.
    Expect similar for Jakob. Both guys on the last year of their deal. Both good players, but not stars. Can't overpay for them. Also, both due to get paid/be on market-expensive deals. Not a bargain.

Spurs should open their eyes and pounce if they get a first. I cringe to think they failed to take a trade midseason bc they were expecting another White like deal for Jakob.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expect similar for Jakob. Both guys on the last year of their deal. Both good players, but not stars. Can't overpay for them. Also, both due to get paid/be on market-expensive deals. Not a bargain.

Spurs should open their eyes and pounce if they get a first. I cringe to think they failed to take a trade midseason bc they were expecting another White like deal for Jakob.
    Read what timvp just reported on the price for Jak...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it, but getting a pick that won't convey for 3 years and stands a good chance of being a late 1st for the second most desirable current archetype, is not a win.
    It makes me think why the Spurs were unable to beat this deal, and it must be that Grant would not have made the same commitment to re-sign with the Spurs that he made to the Blazers I suppose. That must have factored into the trade in a way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read what timvp just reported on the price for Jak...
    Frankly they are asking too much for Jakob, but I think that is starting spot for negotiation. His price will go down and he will continue to be rumored on trades midseason. We shall see what happens. No way is an expiring Jakob worth 2 firsts and a rotation player.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 06-22-2022 at 05:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or perhaps the Spurs were just not interested in Grant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or perhaps the Spurs were just not interested in Grant
    I considered this... If they weren't interested I think that would address a lot of fans that are complaining that the Spurs don't make a move for a PF. I think they could have beaten Portland if they really wanted to... but it wouldn't be worth it at all if Grant would not re-sign with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That tax money doesn't get flushed down the toilet, it gets distributed to the non tax payers. I think the "poor" teams could put up with splitting GS's tax money amongst them.
    True, but it does sort of make the NBA a pay-to-win league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF Grant for a 2025 draft pick in the low 20s? I'm surprised other teams didn't offer more tbh. Grant would fit, but doesn't fit the timeline and is on an expiring so I'm cool with them passing on him. But if John Collins can be had for a bag of chips too, they better be on the phone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF Grant for a 2025 draft pick in the low 20s? I'm surprised other teams didn't offer more tbh. Grant would fit, but doesn't fit the timeline and is on an expiring so I'm cool with them passing on him. But if John Collins can be had for a bag of chips too, they better be on the phone
    Yup.... trade 25 and 38 for separate future firsts... trade the Chicago 1st we have to Atl for JC....trade 9 + KJ to Sac for Ivey.... that's an interesting team with future draft capital...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.... trade 25 and 38 for separate future firsts... trade the Chicago 1st we have to Atl for JC....trade 9 + KJ to Sac for Ivey.... that's an interesting team with future draft capital...
    None of this is feasible man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of this is feasible man.
    The only part that probably isn't feasible is the JC's part...and that was just a juxtaposition of value based on the Grant trade value..

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like Poodle is party of their long term plans and were only interested in godfather deals. I like it honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like Poodle is party of their long term plans and were only interested in godfather deals. I like it honestly.
    I like it if they have plans to push for playoffs and trade/use cap space to really move team forward. If not? Perplexing tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, in terms of assets, it's a low offer. But I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the salary required to keep him beyond this season... he's making 21M this year, and he'll be looking to make the most out of his last opportunity to cash big. I'm thinking around 25M per year, for 4 years... that's not something every team can and is willing to dish out, and significantly reduces the pool of options and what they're willing to pay for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basic negotiations 101: you don’t start the negotiations at your desired return. You ask for more, and let them negotiate you down to what you wanted in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basic negotiations 101: you don’t start the negotiations at your desired return. You ask for more, and let them negotiate you down to what you wanted in the first place.
    you son of a ,im in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty Mills weighing his options?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The news coming out of Atlanta desperate to trade Collins before the draft doesnt help them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero chance the Spurs trade Murray for Collins. You trade for Collins to pair with Murray. The #9 + Keldon for #4 I'd consider if you knew who was gonna be left at 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero chance the Spurs trade Murray for Collins. You trade for Collins to pair with Murray. The #9 + Keldon for #4 I'd consider if you knew who was gonna be left at 4.

You’re trading Murray not for Collins but the picks. Collins is flipped elsewhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re trading Murray not for Collins but the picks. Collins is flipped elsewhere
    Even more reason not to do it tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray isn’t going anywhere without a massive haul in return. That is all that rumour substantiates.

Thread Information