Page 118 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The market for JRich doesn’t exist yet. He’s a 29YO good locker room presence who defends, shoots the 3ball well, and can create a bit. Once the contenders pull away from the pack in January, his market will manifest.
    Fair point, it’s easier to offer a first, especially if it is this draft years pick when you know you are playoff bound. I still think we are going to be disappointed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that it would be best on both parties if they held out on trading Jrich until near trade deadline. It would give him a better chance to land on a true contending team and have a higher market value for a higher return forthe Spurs.

I love Jrich he is definitely a Spur kind of guy but in another universe where we are a contending team he would have been perfect to have him playout his career here.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear people expecting Sochan to start. I hope so. It’s possible. But would be out of character for Pop. I’m expecting Pop to do what he normally does. It’s just as likely to be Roby or McDermott.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear people expecting Sochan to start. I hope so. It’s possible. But would be out of character for Pop. I’m expecting Pop to do what he normally does. It’s just as likely to be Roby or McDermott.
    CIA Poo gives us one last you pissing off Sochan in his way out. I can see it.

*This was actually meant to read CIA Pop. Quite the typo.
    Last edited by KingKev; 09-01-2022 at 02:03 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=KingKev;10803737]CIA Poo gives us one last you pissing off Sochan in his way out. I can see it.[/QUOTE

Maybe I am wrong but I have a feeling that Pop and Sochan will take to each other and get along just fine . If you lived in this area I would bet you a beer at a local pool hall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=rogcl1;10803756]
    CIA Poo gives us one last you pissing off Sochan in his way out. I can see it.[/QUOTE

Maybe I am wrong but I have a feeling that Pop and Sochan will take to each other and get along just fine . If you lived in this area I would bet you a beer at a local pool hall.
    Doesn’t take much to get in Pop’s doghouse although his swan song is probably a toned down Pop; both good and bad. If he can coach well while seeing the bigger picture for this franchise that is great. If stubborn Pop comes out and tries to win meaningless games or benches guys for his puppeteer mastery it also won’t surprise me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=KingKev;10803762]

Doesn’t take much to get in Pop’s doghouse although his swan song is probably a toned down Pop; both good and bad. If he can coach well while seeing the bigger picture for this franchise that is great. If stubborn Pop comes out and tries to win meaningless games or benches guys for his puppeteer mastery it also won’t surprise me.
    Like I said, maybe I'm wrong about Pop and Sochan, but I believe that Sochan has intangibles that Pop will take to. I'll eat crow if wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    donovan mitc to the cavs, per woj.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird trade by Cleveland. Not sure how Mitc and Garland can coexist on either end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah officially part of the tankathon,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jazz went from the 1 seed to tanking in just a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Cleveland look good but more importantly: that rebuild by utah took like 2 hours lol even taking on players we laugh at and getting back all these picks they are still better than us with a better shot or shots in the draft. This annoys me and I understand it's a lot easier to rebuild when your tearing apart a team with some high end player on it but my point is this is how it's done. I respect the balls on them.

Basically what a lot of us were saying when we had DD LA etc. and we just stayed in limbo world accompling nothing and now itay cost us. We had basically the same chance to do what Utah is doing not the same level but we would have been entirely different but instead we over valued and sat on middle of the pack. Never adding never taking away just in space. I hate utah and the only thing that could push me over the edge is if we help the Fakers and take Westbrook. Ughhhh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jazz still getting some value in sexton, markannen and ogbaji. they definitely made off well in this trade. their roster is still better than the spurs roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they can already field a better team and have more valuable picks than okc by far lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tank fan in me is envious of their Lauri Markkanen pickup. He would be a great tank commander.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spot on rjv

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah and OKC being fully part of the tank-a-thon sucks tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does push the Hawks down the Eastern totem pole which is good news tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jazz went from the 1 seed to tanking in just a year.

Good for them. At least they had the brains to figure out they where going nowhere with that core. Paper tigers.

Now watch them out tank us ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty amazing offseason by Ainge tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird trade by Cleveland. Not sure how Mitc and Garland can coexist on either end.
    Yeah, I still got to digest it but their wing situation is still in shambles. Garland is better/higher ceiling than Brunson though and unlike the Knicks, the Cavaliers at least have arguably the best defensive 4-5 combination in the league, but small guards and centers is an awkward core in '22.

I think Cleveland look good but more importantly: that rebuild by utah took like 2 hours lol even taking on players we laugh at and getting back all these picks they are still better than us with a better shot or shots in the draft. This annoys me and I understand it's a lot easier to rebuild when your tearing apart a team with some high end player on it but my point is this is how it's done. I respect the balls on them.

Basically what a lot of us were saying when we had DD LA etc. and we just stayed in limbo world accompling nothing and now itay cost us. We had basically the same chance to do what Utah is doing not the same level but we would have been entirely different but instead we over valued and sat on middle of the pack. Never adding never taking away just in space. I hate utah and the only thing that could push me over the edge is if we help the Fakers and take Westbrook. Ughhhh
    In a sense, a small/non glamor market trading two top 20ish players signed long term takes some "balls", but in reality Mitc wanted out (didn't force it because he knew he didn't have to and didn't want to be viewed as the bad guy) and the team had plateaued with no means to improve, so it was really a no brainer considering that and their market value.

Not saying the Spurs shouldn't have moved quicker on Aldridge and DeRozan, but they didn't have near the same value even if the former was a top 20ish player until '19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have the years on those picks and swaps? If they’re near term, the fact that they’re unprotected won’t mean spit. Cleveland is clearly a team on the rise, jumping from 22 wins to 44. They have two high end front court players aged 21 and 24, Garland, and now Spider. Mobley might be on an All NBA track. They could make some noise this year, and be contenders the year after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge stockpiling unprotected and lightly protected picks. But other than near-gimme picks of Tatum and Brown, he's been mostly miss on his later picks, although Robert Williams and Grant Williams are starting to look good. He did manage to trade away the only two other players of any worth in Mathisse Thybulle and Desmond Bane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have the years on those picks and swaps? If they’re near term, the fact that they’re unprotected won’t mean spit. Cleveland is clearly a team on the rise, jumping from 22 wins to 44. They have two high end front court players aged 21 and 24, Garland, and now Spider. Mobley might be on an All NBA track. They could make some noise this year, and be contenders the year after.
    Cleveland is going to be a solid to very good team for a long time, agree.

Thread Information