Page 103 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Zion got that Bobo weight incentives contract

Zion Williamson's new contract is coming with some hefty demands -- the NBA star will reportedly have to maintain a certain weight and body fat percentage, or will risk losing some of his guaranteed money.
    Williamson inked a 5-year extension worth up to $231 million to stay with the New Orleans Pelicans this off-season ... but there's a big catch.
    Christian Clark of NOLA.com says some of that money could be yanked from his pockets if certain health stipulations aren't met.
    The report states the 22-year-old will submit to weigh-ins throughout his contract to ensure the sum of his weight and body fat percentage stays below 295 ... and if he doesn't, he'll literally pay for it.

According to The Times-Picayune, the contract stipulates that Williamson must weigh in at below 295 pounds periodically throughout the deal. His body fat percentage will also be monitored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s already been addressed.

No it has not. What’s above, in this thread, is merely a dishonest dork trying to claim that when the Spurs put half a billion dollars into a new practice and medical facility, that it has nothing to do with the Spurs. He’s only trying to lie his way around it.

You should respond to the point. How is that “cost cutting?”

Hint: If the Spurs were cost cutting they would not be taking on half a billion dollars in new spending. Hint, hint.

Yes, the signs are there, …

No, they are not. You are fabricating. About some things you wrote, my man, you are just plain outright lying. Sad to see.

Why do you think Pop made trade calls? …

What makes you think Pop made trade calls?

You. Don’t. Know. That.

Don’t lie.

Anyways, the Chriss trade was startling …

The Chriss trade was not the least bit “startling” to anybody who has something better than chicken feathers for brains.

The Warriors offered $100,000 - so one story said - of free money to the Spurs for taking Chriss off their hands. And Pop took it. Any team in the NBA would have done the same. Of course. A sane person knows that.

The reason the Spurs got first chance at it is undoubtedly because Kerr and Pop are friends, so Pop was the first one Kerr called.

Tell me, are you so hopelessly crazy that if somebody offered you a hundred thousand bucks, for free, you’d scream and run away in terror?

Are you? Is there truly something mentally wrong with you?

… because it was about then purely looking to save money, …

It absolutely was not, you fruitcake.

It was simply about accepting a hundred thousand in free money that was offered.

And you’re so smart you’d screech hysterically and run away from that in a panic. You say.

It was abnormal …

You must be nuts.

... That's why the defense of "They just got some cash to be able to afford to sign Dieng. What's the big deal?" …

You are lying. You’re just making things up. Stop it.

The Spurs signed Dieng using a small part of their NTMLE. They had over $7M for the Exception, and they used $1M of it on Dieng. Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Chriss.

Just stop lying. Stop it.

... The canary is coughing. …

That isn’t coughing, it’s laughing, at the crazy, dishonest nonsense you wrote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you read funds can only hold 30% total?
    The NBA doesn't allow private equity to own more than 30% in teams, with a maximum of 20% ownership for one fund. Fernyhough said there are no "ownership accoutrements" with PE stakes. Instead, those perks – like courtside seats – are reserved for limited partners like Michael Dell, who buys direct.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/02/06/...1-nba-hot.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA doesn't allow private equity to own more than 30% in teams, with a maximum of 20% ownership for one fund. Fernyhough said there are no "ownership accoutrements" with PE stakes. Instead, those perks – like courtside seats – are reserved for limited partners like Michael Dell, who buys direct.

these fkn clowns equity firms will turn teams to , they only care about maximizing shareholders profits then fielding a compe ive team to win championships, unless the winning team gets $$$ prize money....look at european football teams own by equity firms =

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs fans like to pick and choose when context applies. When it's Robinson, suddenly there's viable reasons for the relative lack of playoff success pre Duncan.

DR playoff success was far better than AD in the Pelicans. DR playoffs failures was compared to his regular season dominance, when it appeared like he was on par with hakeem and Shaq, yet he was not. DR was an mvp and scoring champion. DR in today's league would be the greek freak. But bigger with a better shot and better interior defending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cheers.

I don’t think a move is imminent but if/when the tightly held and controlling ownership stake is broken up I’d be more worried. I thought I recall someone on here looking into 6th Street Investment Management as they own other equity positions in professional sports and they have no history in being activists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it has not. What’s above, in this thread, is merely a dishonest dork trying to claim that when the Spurs put half a billion dollars into a new practice and medical facility, that it has nothing to do with the Spurs. He’s only trying to lie his way around it.

Hint: If the Spurs were cost cutting they would not be taking on half a billion dollars in new spending. Hint, hint.
    You're going to keep calling things dishonest in this thread that you disagree with. The take that the Spurs are building a facility is already not true. The Spurs are one of the investors in a facility, along with private interests. You misunderstood what this says:

Spurs Sports and Entertainment publicly unveiled plans today for a new nearly 50-acre development on the far Northwest Side that includes a state-of-the-art training facility for the San Antonio Spurs, medical and research offices, retail, park and community space.
    You read it as the Spurs are building a bunch of stuff. They are announcing a project that they and others are building, and on it includes a facility for the Spurs. The bulk of the property isn't for them. The Spurs are getting a new building ... great. We have no idea how much they're paying for that, how much they're getting paid to put the Spurs name on it, etc. But even the article says it's mainly a land development project by private investors. This was already addressed, and you just didn't want to hear it. How are the Spurs cutting cost if they're spending half a billion dollars? They aren't spending half a billion dollars. Learn to read what you post as proof and get that arrogant chip off your shoulder.

The Chriss trade was not the least bit “startling” to anybody who has something better than chicken feathers for brains.

Dude, grow up.

The Spurs signed Dieng using a small part of their NTMLE. They had over $7M for the Exception, and they used $1M of it on Dieng. Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Chriss.

Of course Dieng's signing had nothing to do with the money the Spurs got for Chriss. That was literally my point. All you're doing is showing you have no memory though, because that was a justification used by quite a few posters, especially before the extent of Aldridge's buyout was known. I understand that you were on a different bend back then, trying to twist the conversation into how trades were about liabilities not assets while also admitting they're about both in the same paragraph. It was a weird time for a lot of us.

Though to be fair to the folks saying that, they weren't saying that the payment from GS created the salary slot to pay for Dieng, which is what you seem to be construing. Cash payments are not basketball assets and don't directly increase a team's flexibility to facilitate other moves (which is actually why I was so critical of the compensation in the first place). They were saying the Holts literally needed the cash the Warriors gave them for Chriss to be able to afford to sign Dieng. They didn't, in case anyone is wondering for multiple reasons, and I said this at the time. I'm also not even sure the Spurs used the MLE to sign Dieng rather than just the min.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I appreciate about Chinook is that he takes the time to have an actual dialogue about all these various topics, no matter how toxic. I can't imagine how even more intense this place will be next year when we actually have to see the rookies play and see what deficiencies they have and the "lil shine" has worn off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I appreciate about Chinook is that he takes the time to have an actual dialogue about all these various topics, no matter how toxic. I can't imagine how even more intense this place will be next year when we actually have to see the rookies play and see what deficiencies they have and the "lil shine" has worn off.
    its going to be ing ugly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its going to be ing ugly
    that's pretty much what ST already is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of us haven't seen a bad spurs team. It's going to be hard to cheer for hit young players to do well but also want to see loses. It's going to be this weird balance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of us haven't seen a bad spurs team. It's going to be hard to cheer for hit young players to do well but also want to see loses. It's going to be this weird balance.
    yessir… check in on the thread about early Spurs memories so we know you’ve experienced real ups and mostly downs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No, they are not. You are fabricating. About some things you wrote, my man, you are just plain outright lying. Sad to see.

What makes you think Pop made trade calls?

You. Don’t. Know. That.

Don’t lie.

The Warriors offered $100,000 - so one story said - of free money to the Spurs for taking Chriss off their hands. And Pop took it. Any team in the NBA would have done the same. Of course. A sane person knows that.

The reason the Spurs got first chance at it is undoubtedly because Kerr and Pop are friends, so Pop was the first one Kerr called.

Tell me, are you so hopelessly crazy that if somebody offered you a hundred thousand bucks, for free, you’d scream and run away in terror?

Are you? Is there truly something mentally wrong with you?

It was simply about accepting a hundred thousand in free money that was offered.

And you’re so smart you’d screech hysterically and run away from that in a panic. You say.

You must be nuts.

That isn’t coughing, it’s laughing, at the crazy, dishonest nonsense you wrote.
    Just because a person has a different take does not make them a liar. I think you have been watching too many political shows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate his effort as well. No one is always right. We've disagreed before. But he is civil, consistent, puts effort into his thoughts and isn't trying to troll the everybody.

He's a net positive poster. For sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Indeed. I had read that back in the day. To be clear, what I am talking about is not some VC firm making a hostile takeover of the Spurs or forcing their ownership to liquidate assets. I think the Holts and other others were looking at the VC world as a source of fresh cash, and the NBA made rules to allow that while (hopefully) retaining the feel of individual owners. Once they got the go-ahead, I think the Holts made it known they were soliciting offers, and CVC along with other firms made bids, not just for how much they were willing to pay but for other ways their partnership could benefit the ownership group. That includes things like potentially that facility being developed (I haven't looked into it enough to know if CVC is part of that outside of their stake in the Spurs). VC firms by practice have their fingers in a ton of diverse avenues, and opening those doors for the Holts seems like a good incentive.

Not directly talking to you VY, but if folks aren't familiar with how VCs normally work, they typically just buy stakes in companies rather than taking them over, and they set certain standards for the businesses they invest in before giving them money. That can mean some corporate restructures, reducing overhead, switching around processing goals, etc. Especially if the Holts were soliciting offers, they probably made a bunch of data available as part of the vetting process. CVC would've looked at the books and likely had their own ideas on how to increase the profit. Whether those were conditions the Spurs had to agree to to get the funding, or whether there were any particular conditions at all that the Spurs weren't already planning on doing is not known. But I do think there's quite a bit more nuance than we've been looking at. It's definitely the case that the Spurs are changing, regardless of if that's Holt-initiated or from outside pressures/opportunities. We should accept that and be willing to examine what's happening without the baked-in assumption that the Spurs of the 2020's will be particularly similar to the Spurs of the 2000s or even 2010s. From an ownership/front office standpoint, they very well might be as unrecognizable as they are on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, one thing is for sure, I am not renewing season tickets again unless they come with a much better offer. As of now, they are holding firm on prices/perks which makes little sense given they even acknowledged the team wont be as good.

I can buy my same season tickets on the resale market (on a per game basis) for much, much cheaper than Spurs are trying to sell. Point of that is my guess is it will be a tough revenue year in that regard. They may be making it up on luxury tax payouts and tv deals, but on the ticket front they will struggle IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, one thing is for sure, I am not renewing season tickets again unless they come with a much better offer. As of now, they are holding firm on prices/perks which makes little sense given they even acknowledged the team wont be as good.

I can buy my same season tickets on the resale market (on a per game basis) for much, much cheaper than Spurs are trying to sell. Point of that is my guess is it will be a tough revenue year in that regard. They may be making it up on luxury tax payouts and tv deals, but on the ticket front they will struggle IMO
    will also help to show a lack of hometown support when the time to present their reasoning for moving to the league comes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will also help to show a lack of hometown support when the time to present their reasoning for moving to the league comes
    vegas, baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's goooooooooo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought a Taco today it tasted very good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought a Taco today it tasted very good
    But it wasn't Tuesday...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just don’t watch the games. That should make it easier tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just don’t watch the games. That should make it easier tbh
    I love basketball and I'm routing for wins. And I'll be disappointed most of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant control that. I am going to the games and spending money….I am just not buying season tickets. Everyone could do what I do and the attendance numbers would be high while still having low season ticket sales

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love basketball and I'm routing for wins. And I'll be disappointed most of the season.
    I’m rooting for meaningful wins also which means losing as many games as possible this year. Every fame we lose is a win. If we can stay compe ive and develop some of these young guys great. Whether Primo and Vassell are out the league 2 yrs from now or not I could care less if we are in a position to draft a potential cornerstone players the few drafts.

Thread Information