Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyes Emoji!!!!!

So it begins.

The rumors with Dejounte have started. It will take a while to hit on the right trade, and the Spurs have leverage at this point. Just like many players of his caliber around the league tend to be in rumors for a while until something significant materializes. DJ has given direct signs that he's growing frustrated with the losing.

All I hope is that the Spurs don't wait until the last possible moment for a trade and he's really disgruntled to move on something. At that point, and once his FA approaches, they have less options.

I doubt they act on this though. If they make a move on a Collins deal it would be for him to play with Dejounte and not to give him away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs were to deal dejounte the rebuild will be in full effect

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many people fail to understand this primary pillar of negotiations.
    Problem with that is teams are not only talking with you and if your price is set too high they just move onto more reasonable offers elsewhere and you miss out playing out a low ball offer.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In reality they are in a rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In reality they are in a rebuild.
    ive been saying that for years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a non playoff team , the rebuild has been on for a while

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only rumor that seems realistic is kj/9 for #4 . Brian wright putting in work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jake Fischer has no credibility I thought we figured that out when he tried to leak an impossible trade. That was the whole point of the stupid back-and-forth that Teeds and I had. He doesn't know what he's talking about. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Hawks did want Murray -- he's a great fit for them. If the Spurs want two picks for Poeltl, they probably do want an all-in deal for Murray. To get that value, the Hawks might well want to liquidate Collins. That is a logical sequence of events. But that's also fan drivel, as is S&Ting Ayton for a 2022 pick. Fischer reports like this because he doesn't have sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a non playoff team , the rebuild has been on for a while

if not for the playin it be more obvious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Da Fuk???

Dis is not what I meant when I said trade for Collins lmao

Spoiler alert: John Collins alone is far short of a Jrue Holiday type return. N.O. got 4 FRPs, and a couple of pick swaps for Jrue. This trade ain’t happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know what you mean.

Yea they are already in a rebuild... but the bottoming out will start for real.

Welcome first round pick sweepstakes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was interesting that Lowe was musing about DJ destinations on a recent pod. I believe he threw out there DeAngelo and 3 picks from Minni as a hypothetical. Makes me wonder if he hadn't picked up rumblings too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jrue was basically filler and 3 FRP
    4, not 3. Couple of pick swap options, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, the Spurs aren't trading Dejounte Murray for John Collins guys, calm down.

I imagine Collins "value" dipped after what a somewhat similarly valuable player in Jerami Grant went for. This is someone with a vested interest leaking this to try and "save" Collins value.

Non-issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs giving up on Murray would be a huge mistake unless they get a crazy return on the trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk how i feel about this. JC sucks. Id trade DJ for the 4th as long as we can keep the 9th. I. Dont see DM wanting to re-sign here unless we become a playoff team this coming year. I dont want to re-sign DM for a large contract if he cant sink 3s with ease. I think we’ll run it back with our young core one more year. If we still cant make the playoffs i can see us trying to trade DM to continue the rebuild. Hes entering his prime at 26 this september and by the start of the following season he’ll be 27. He’s going to want to win now and i cant blame him. If we’re still trying to develop all of our 21 year olds it makes sense to get some picks for him.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are making it almost impossible for teams to even consider trading with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs giving up on Murray would be a huge mistake unless they get a crazy return on the trade
    yea, pop would have to be kidnapped to give up his golden child

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jake Fischer has no credibility I thought we figured that out when he tried to leak an impossible trade. That was the whole point of the stupid back-and-forth that Teeds and I had. He doesn't know what he's talking about. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Hawks did want Murray -- he's a great fit for them. If the Spurs want two picks for Poeltl, they probably do want an all-in deal for Murray. To get that value, the Hawks might well want to liquidate Collins. That is a logical sequence of events. But that's also fan drivel, as is S&Ting Ayton for a 2022 pick. Fischer reports like this because he doesn't have sources.
    Bleacher Report has no credibility. I see these things more as rumors of what teams are trying to do.
    It was leaked that teams were asking about Murray. Now why leak it into the public media? So Murray gets eyes emoji about it I imagine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s why they said they wanted a Jrue type return. Four FRPs, and a couple of pick swap options. DJ’s going nowhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoiler alert: John Collins alone is far short of a Jrue Holiday type return. N.O. got 4 FRPs, and a couple of pick swaps for Jrue. This trade ain’t happening.
    Yeah, but it does seem like ATL is desperate to move Collins at this point. His value seems pretty low now especially with Portland off the table and Grant being had for so little. Also ATL owns a lotto protected CHA FRP pick next year for what it's worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk how i feel about this. JC sucks. Id trade DJ for the 4th as long as we can keep the 9th. I. Dont see DM wanting to re-sign here unless we become a playoff team this coming year. I dont want to re-sign DM for a large contract if he cant sink 3s with ease. I think we’ll run it back with our young core one more year. If we still cant make the playoffs i can see us trying to trade DM to continue the rebuild. Hes entering his prime at 26 this september and by the start of the following season he’ll be 27. He’s going to want to win now and i cant blame him. If we’re still trying to develop all of our 21 year olds it makes sense to get some picks for him.
    The Spurs aren't trading Dejounte Murray for John Collins. Don't worry what some media weed is saying to drive clicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s why they said they wanted a Jrue type return. Four FRPs, and a couple of pick swap options. DJ’s going nowhere.

Exactly, unless dj wants out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but it does seem like ATL is desperate to move Collins at this point. His value seems pretty low now especially with Portland off the table and Grant being had for so little. Also ATL owns a lotto protected CHA FRP pick next year for what it's worth.
    Collins plus a lotto protected CHA FRP is still like 2 FRPs plus some pick swaps short of the return that SA wants

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was interesting that Lowe was musing about DJ destinations on a recent pod. I believe he threw out there DeAngelo and 3 picks from Minni as a hypothetical. Makes me wonder if he hadn't picked up rumblings too.
    That was true... but he was actually discussing that from the point of view of Minnesota. He had heard that the situation in Minnesota is over with DAngelo and that they really want to move on from him.

He was the one speculating about Murray as a trade that looks interest for Minny. No concern for the Spurs POV there.

Still this already started. There is no stopping it now until Murray signs an extension and commits to the team like Lillard did. Rumors of Lillard always surfaced, it didn't mean he was going anywhere, but Spurs have to pick a direction here.

Thread Information