Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/nba-mock-d...io-spurs-2022/

Dalen Terry is a riser who fits a lot of what the Spurs look for in a draft prospect. The rumblings regarding Beauchamp and Besson are interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to shabby of a draft tbh definitely looks like a spurs type of draft. Hard to see Eason fall to 21 and not grab him tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff, always great to see thoughtful mocks. I still have Holmgren at 2 and Banchero at 3, but I have 5-8 exactly as you do right now. As for Spurs picks:

Jeremy Sochan - I'm not entirely sold on him due to the shooting questions, but I do believe he is improvable. He also has a seemingly great grasp for basketball in general. His defensive potential is salivating and obviously plays a position of great need. You kind of want him to be a better shot blocker and rebounder (though he's not a terrible rebounder).

Dalen Terry - A very low usage rate -- 14.1% -- which means he finished fewer possessions than average, although he's a glue guy and that's not hugely surprising. A good defender who can handle the ball with good size. Missing out on Dyson Daniels, he echoes the skill package.

MarJon Beauchamp - I'm not totally thrilled with him for the reasons named, but he's a hardworking, scrappy player and that always helps. The draft has likely flattened out considerably at that point, so why not?

Ultimately not a bad draft. I do think Daniels, Mathurin, Keegan, etc., are gone by the Spurs' pick. At that point to me it's Sochan or Johnny Davis and right now I'm leaning Davis, but lots can change at every level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope the Spurs don't draft 3 players who can't shoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree on the lack of shooting here. Individually, all three are interesting in their own ways, but together it’s hard to imagine selecting three first round picks who can’t shoot. It would be a pretty disappointing outcome

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with the comments about not taking multiple non-shooters..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope the Spurs don't draft 3 players who can't shoot
    I agree on the lack of shooting here. Individually, all three are interesting in their own ways, but together it’s hard to imagine selecting three first round picks who can’t shoot. It would be a pretty disappointing outcome
    Yeah, the lack of shooting is suboptimal but this draft is really light on shooting. In this mock draft, no one at pick 20 or beyond would classify as a sure-fire good shooter. Weird, tbh.

That may be a reason why the Spurs should pass on Sochan for shooting because you're not going to get shooting past nine. At 9, you can go Mathurin, Jalen Williams or Branham if you want shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see much upside in Besson, he's a good shooter but quite underwhelming at everything else, particularly HORRIBLE finisher. I wouldn't take him with the 80th pick, let alone 38. If him and Houstan are our picks at 25 & 38, we might as well donate the picks to charity.

I want Mathurin / Daniels / Sochan at 9
    Tari Eason / Jalen Wiliams / Blake Wesley at 20
    Best player available at 25 (whomever falls)

I was happy that Denver picked after us (@ 21), but now that Connelly is with the T-Wolves, them picking at 19 is a concern. If someone is an obvious slip, they'll pick him up in front of our noses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see much upside in Besson, he's a good shooter but quite underwhelming at everything else, particularly HORRIBLE finisher. I wouldn't take him with the 80th pick, let alone 38. If him and Houstan are our picks at 25 & 38, we might as well donate the picks to charity.

I want Mathurin / Daniels / Sochan at 9
    Tari Eason / Jalen Wiliams / Blake Wesley at 20
    Best player available at 25 (whomever falls)

I was happy that Denver picked after us (@ 21), but now that Connelly is with the T-Wolves, them picking at 19 is a concern. If someone is an obvious slip, they'll pick him up in front of our noses.

i'd be happy with these picks and i'd love to see procida drop to #25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That may be a reason why the Spurs should pass on Sochan for shooting because you're not going to get shooting past nine. At 9, you can go Mathurin, Jalen Williams or Branham if you want shooting.
    If they are going for Jalen Williams or Branham, whom I like, they'd be better served trading back and picking up assets in the process. One of them will be available 3 or 4 picks later for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd be happy with these picks and i'd love to see procida drop to #25.
    I'll take Procida over Besson 100 times out of 100. He's bigger, younger, more athletic, has a defined NBA role, can also shoot, and can likely be stashed. One of the better options for delaying a pick, other than trading it. Picking up Besson is twice a mistake: first for picking him, and second for not picking someone else because we'd be "commited" to developing him (at least for 2 years). A complete waste of resources and a huge cost of opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take Procida over Besson 100 times out of 100. He's bigger, younger, more athletic, has a defined NBA role, can also shoot, and can likely be stashed. One of the better options for delaying a pick, other than trading it. Picking up Besson is twice a mistake: first for picking him, and second for not picking someone else because we'd be "commited" to developing him (at least for 2 years). A complete waste of resources and a huge cost of opportunity.
    Yeah, I'd take Procida over Besson clearly -- but Procida was gone in the mock.

Draft-and-stash candidates at 38 are looking pretty slim. Procida is the obvious one but I doubt he's available (even though ESPN still has him going in the 50s). Kamagate makes some sense but probably not if you've already picked three non-shooters. I'm not too impressed with the rest, tbh.

Speaking of draft-and-stash, if Jovic is willing to be a draft-and-stash, I think he enters the conversation at 20. If not, I probably wouldn't want the Spurs to pick him until 25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be a pretty underwhelming draft tbh but does seem very Spursy. Our iden y would immediately become an up-tempo defensive team though it seems if it were to shake out this way. None of these guys have star potential, hence why I say it would be pretty underwhelming, but at 9 we’re likely hard-pressed to find that anyways, particularly with rumors of Mathurin likely going top-7 now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the thoughts timvp.
    I like Sochan and one of Beauchamp or Terry, not both.
    Feel like Wesley or Jovic may offer more upside long term.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be fine with Sochan, but as an illustration of draft weakness, I think he's like a homeless, leprosy Franz Wagner.

And if Banchero fell to 4 I would hope the Spurs would offer 9+Keldon and hope that's enough, maybe add in more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. That top 8 would be the absolute worst case scenario for the Spurs. I would pick any one of those guys over anybody else at #9. Still, I can't imagine that on draft day itself, at least one of them doesn't fall, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the lack of shooting is suboptimal but this draft is really light on shooting. In this mock draft, no one at pick 20 or beyond would classify as a sure-fire good shooter. Weird, tbh.

Procida is a shooter...and I'd take him over Terry..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Procida had a beautiful 3 ball is is very athletic he has the size 6’7 and he can shoot outside or take it to the rim he has some viscous dunks that surprised me. There are things he needs to work on but definitely has decent to high ceiling he also has that assassin mentality which with those nasty dunks I was like Me LIKE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 -- Davis

20 -- Eason

25 -- Koloko

38 -- Alondes Williams (or Minott or whatever darling the Spurs have)

Would prefer that draft. While we wouldn't know how the Spurs picking Davis at 9 would affect the rest of the draft, all of those picks were still available when the Spurs had their selections.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be fine with Sochan, but as an illustration of draft weakness, I think he's like a homeless, leprosy Franz Wagner.

And if Banchero fell to 4 I would hope the Spurs would offer 9+Keldon and hope that's enough, maybe add in more.
    Agree - I'd go so far as to offer 9+Keldon+Poetl and draft Walker Kessler in the 20s as a Poeltl replacement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Procida had a beautiful 3 ball is is very athletic he has the size 6’7 and he can shoot outside or take it to the rim he has some viscous dunks that surprised me. There are things he needs to work on but definitely has decent to high ceiling he also has that assassin mentality which with those nasty dunks I was like Me LIKE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 -- Davis

20 -- Eason

25 -- Koloko

38 -- Alondes Williams (or Minott or whatever darling the Spurs have)

Would prefer that draft. While we wouldn't know how the Spurs picking Davis at 9 would affect the rest of the draft, all of those picks were still available when the Spurs had their selections.
    I’d take this in a heartbeat. Though I don’t see any way Eason falls Chicago at 18.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gotta remind ourselves that the spurs dont give a damn about the consensus among prospects lol They could grab any prospect that they really like or believe in at 9.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AKA we get nobody. We need to swing for the fences for a Lavine and Ayton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gotta remind ourselves that the spurs dont give a damn about the consensus among prospects lol They could grab any prospect that they really like or believe in at 9.

Thread Information