Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course we do this right after the season where Flopovich got his all time win record. Don't even think that had nothing to do with it, that's clearly the main reason why it took so long for them to blow it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously how the did we not at least get Okongwu??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolute joke of a fo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didn't want to believe it but it came to pass. i'm just going to try and process this. i know it makes sense on the basketball side of things (sort of) but i really liked DJ and it's going to take me a while to realize that the spurs are in a place they haven't been in for decades. for all those that wanted the spurs to tank, well, here's your chance to see how that plan of action works out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No worries, just having fun talking Spurs, things tend to flare up once in a while

Especially in a situation like Murray trade rumors. It's like a playoff game thread, big stakes, lots of tension, the future of the franchise and it's direction up in the air. Every missed shot is the end of the world, every mistake grounds for getting rid of a player. Fun stuff.
    Yep, and I do sort of have egg on my face anyway. Maybe the actual package splits the difference between the worry about all protected picks and the hope I had of multiple unprotected picks and Okongwu. But I still thought they'd walk away for this amount they settled for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They better trade Poetl ASAP because I don't even think they're bad enough to end up with a bottom 5 record next year.
    ? They're most likely the worst team in the league at the moment (Pistons have probably graduated, leaving Pacers, Magic, Thunder, Rockets as other candidates). Jones is literally the only player on the roster who's proven to be able to create offensively at this level.

Poeltl should and almost certainly will be next, but I don't see him fetching as much as many hope/think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll say again, the way they drafted on draft night made this quite predictable. I'd be pissed if they didn't trade DJM given the two guards we drafted, and the clear intent to force Primo into the PG spot.

I'm actually fully at peace with this as much as I hate losing DJM. And the direction PATFO is taking finally makes sense to me for the first time in like 5 yrs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^
    Assuming Pop actually plays these young guys. If not Pop can get bent. In order to finalize this rebuild, Poeltl has to go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think we’re tanking…..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course not. Go after ayton or lavine and boom! Or go after talented fa's and playin here we come

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course not. Go after ayton or lavine and boom! Or go after talented fa's and playin here we come

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Embrace the tank. There is no point to having a scrappy play-in team. Tear it down and find cornerstones. Murray wasn't one of those.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don not tank...wink wink....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^
    Assuming Pop actually plays these young guys. If not Pop can get bent. In order to finalize this rebuild, Poeltl has to go.
    When ppl see Jak on the offensive end not getting fed by DJ his value will plummet.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poelt best 2-man ratings, [remember sample size]

Satoransky
    Collins
    Landale
    Richardson
    White
    Bates-Diop
    Vassell
    K.Johnson
    Murray 3.2 NetRtg
    McDermott
    Jones 2.8 NetRtg
    Forbes
    Walker
    Langford
    T.Johnson
    Primo -4.4 NetRtg
    Cacok
    Weiskamp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When ppl see Jak on the offensive end not getting fed by DJ his value will plummet.
    Good point. Hadn't thought about that. Yet even more reason to ship his ass out asap

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

¿Verdadero o falso?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

¿Verdadero o falso?
    he wasn't signing an extension because the Spurs could only offer limited money. Something slightly above 20 million I think. Makes no sense for him to sign it while already earning 17 million and coming off an All-Star season. He never said he wouldn't resign when his contract expires

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he wasn't signing an extension because the Spurs could only offer limited money. Something slightly above 20 million I think. Makes no sense for him to sign it while already earning 17 million and coming off an All-Star season. He never said he wouldn't resign when his contract expires
    Spurs have his Bird rights. No? They should have been able to pay him more than $20M. Unless the rumor is true that you guys are tanking intentionally for that foreign big man?

Just weird to purposely trade an up and coming homegrown all star like that.

I'd be interested to see how Spur Nation responds to it collectively

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have his Bird rights. No? They should have been able to pay him more than $20M. Unless the rumor is true that you guys are tanking intentionally for that foreign big man?

Extension is based on previous years salary, while FA deals can go up to max. Murray was clearly going to wait for 2024 to sign a contract so he could get max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're not understanding the contract situation mi amigo. He's not signing an extension with anybody since his raises are capped. He's hitting Free Agency 2024 to get the bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Casual fans

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Extension is based on previous years salary, while FA deals can go up to max. Murray was clearly going to wait for 2024 to sign a contract so he could get max.
    Ah, I see. Well, it's looking like Pop got a haul for him. Spurs usually draft well (which sucks ).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're not understanding the contract situation mi amigo. He's not signing an extension with anybody since his raises are capped. He's hitting Free Agency 2024 to get the bag.
    Good stuff.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Soy fanático de los Lakers. No sigo de cerca a tus Spurs. ¡No lo entiendas mal hijo!

Thread Information