Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. They badly need to add three point shooting. But three point shooting that can help in other areas. No more Forbes or McDermotts.
    I don't see that. I think they badly need their main guys to be able to shoot threes. We'll see if Murray explodes, but right now, he's not good enough to where everyone just plays off him. He has to be part of the group. I don't know if there's a big problem with the individuals shooting threes. I think it's more the lack of structure in the offense means there isn't a stable number of three-point looks. Simply adding spacers (even ones who can do other things to help) won't make a big difference if the offense is guys going one on one then looking to pass.

Murray,
    Primo
    Vassell
    Johnson
    Poeltl

Jones
    Richardson
    McDermott
    Sochan
    Collins

Those are the lineups. I'd say there are three non-shooters and two developing shooters. I don't see any of Poeltl, Jones or Sochan being replaced by "shooters" that aren't just full upgrades. It's better to hope that Jones and Sochan just learn to shoot. Murray and Collins are definitely in that camp where they can almost shoot well enough to fit in but need to improve a bit more.

I only see the team being able to truly upgrade by getting a shooting PG (assuming they don't sign a star in free agency or make a big trade to shake up the roster).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got a trade for OG or John Collins and pursuing Ayton in FA at the top of my list. People seem to think John Collins is a bad player, but he's not. He's playing on a team that has to watch Trae Young handle the ball for most of the shotclock and then play traffic cone defense on the other end while they have to cover for him. Collins also doesn't get enough usage while being super efficient and is a good help defender and secondary rim protector. Him not having a market right now should make it very easy for us to get him for next to nothing since ATL just wants to salary dump him. When DJ is up for his extension Collins would have 2 years left on his deal and probably average better numbers on the Spurs than on the Hawks last season. They could easily trade him once Sochan is ready
    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I would rather have Myles Turner than Ayton. Better defender and floor spacer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt DJ’s numbers are going to get higher, if you expect Vassell, Keldon, Poeltl and Primo to get better. There’s only so much possession and points to make. Plus by mid-season the only teams that would be betting his services are contenders who like to add a little help to boost them on the next level, hence low picks and relatively bad assets/trades returns. With also less teams competing, it lowers the bidding. IF the Spurs are moving DJ, right now is the best time when multiple teams are bidding for him and fresh from AS, steals leader, etc.

DJ would ask for Max contract in two years. And personally, I doubt his worth the Max contract, not for his flawed offensive game. He doesn’t attack the basket enough to earn him trips to the FT line. He doesn’t have a go-to move besides elbow shots that are easily defended on close games and playoffs. He is going to walk and by then his stocks would be so much less. I do not fault him to seek greener pasture. Hence the Spurs need to do what they have to do to get maximum return. It wasn’t too long ago that nephew left the Spurs with marginal return. I think the FO learned their lesson well.
    DJ averaged 25p/9a/8r after the ASG last season. So even if he just keeps on that pace... his numbers will be better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I would rather have Myles Turner than Ayton. Better defender and floor spacer.
    In a vacuum I don’t disagree

But you can’t get Turner without giving up other guys on the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Turner is a legit injury risk. I don't know that he's positive value on a new contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would fit, but I wouldn‘t want to trade for him. I‘d trade for a PF and if you can’t get Ayton just keep Poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk is the new Woj.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to want four 1st rounders and David Putney.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, how about five picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this shows how little credibility NBA Twitter really has. No shade on LJ, but he's just a dude posting as far as these guys are concerned. That these accounts are so keen to pass along this rumor makes me basically disregard anything they post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, how about five picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although this is my personal favorite gif for trade demands:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now they want all the draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this shows how little credibility NBA Twitter really has. No shade on LJ, but he's just a dude posting as far as these guys are concerned. That these accounts are so keen to pass along this rumor makes me basically disregard anything they post.
    But Timvp is a legit source. He’s written about his sources inside the team. The other website owner Kori Ellis was on Spurs feedback radio shows in the early 2000s. I distinctly hearing her commentary. The trade talk makes every bit of sense. Murray wants a healthy max and can’t get it until ‘24. San Antonio would have to choose from 1)gambling on if Murray chooses them and 2) if he’s worth that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Timvp is a legit source. He’s written about his sources inside the team. The other website owner Kori Ellis was on Spurs feedback radio shows in the early 2000s. I distinctly hearing her commentary. The trade talk makes every bit of sense. Murray wants a healthy max and can’t get it until ‘24. San Antonio would have to choose from 1)gambling on if Murray chooses them and 2) if he’s worth that much.
    I'm not calling timvp's credibility into question. I think he does his work and doesn't overstate what he's heard. But I don't think the Twitter accounts have the same experience as we do with him. They're just parroting gossip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We made it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People seem to think John Collins is a bad player, but he's not.
    He's inarguably a good player, but teams want 3.5's to play the 4. If not that, then a 4.5 whose a floor spacing rim protector.

As neither archetype, he's an awkward fit in today's game, with a big long term salary and a team that understandably doesn't just want to salary dump him.

I don't see that. I think they badly need their main guys to be able to shoot threes.
    Murray,
    Primo
    Vassell
    Johnson
    Poeltl

Jones
    Richardson
    McDermott
    Sochan
    Collins

Those are the lineups.
    Yeah, that's long been an issue. Playing defensive sieve floor spacers in outsized roles doesn't resolve it, it just tanks the defense.

No reason to think Primo starts over McDermott. If he makes a quantum leap, he's probably the 6th man though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are never getting that haul. Itll be a long summer with endless trade speculation for a deal that more then likely will never happen

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re starting the negotiations from a good position. Question is will they compromise to get a deal done.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not calling timvp's credibility into question. I think he does his work and doesn't overstate what he's heard. But I don't think the Twitter accounts have the same experience as we do with him. They're just parroting gossip.
    Nah i think timvp is a known en y. And the twitter account straight-up cited spurstalk.com so it's weird to cite that particular tweet as showing nba twitter has little cred

Why do you hate SpursTalk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see that. I think they badly need their main guys to be able to shoot threes. We'll see if Murray explodes, but right now, he's not good enough to where everyone just plays off him. He has to be part of the group. I don't know if there's a big problem with the individuals shooting threes. I think it's more the lack of structure in the offense means there isn't a stable number of three-point looks. Simply adding spacers (even ones who can do other things to help) won't make a big difference if the offense is guys going one on one then looking to pass.

Murray,
    Primo
    Vassell
    Johnson
    Poeltl

Jones
    Richardson
    McDermott
    Sochan
    Collins

Those are the lineups. I'd say there are three non-shooters and two developing shooters. I don't see any of Poeltl, Jones or Sochan being replaced by "shooters" that aren't just full upgrades. It's better to hope that Jones and Sochan just learn to shoot. Murray and Collins are definitely in that camp where they can almost shoot well enough to fit in but need to improve a bit more.

I only see the team being able to truly upgrade by getting a shooting PG (assuming they don't sign a star in free agency or make a big trade to shake up the roster).
    Your starting lineup is jacked. Keldon isn't a 4. Primo isn't a 2, at least according to what timvp reported. And he's not really a 2 either. Vassell while flexible enough to play the SG, is probably also best suited as a 3.

I guess we'll have to see what we see from Primo this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop really isn’t handling these trade rumors well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop really isn’t handling these trade rumors well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Further proof we live in a holographic universe and our coders run out of faces and have to regurgitate the same ones once every so often. We all have our doppelganger or three out there somewhere.

Thread Information