Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Murray doesn't jive - it's hard to understand the FO sending away the teams leader and source of stability, especially if Pop has 1 year left in him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Murray doesn't jive - it's hard to understand the FO sending away the teams leader and source of stability, especially if Pop has 1 year left in him.

this is all assuming Dejounte still wants to be here

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lololol @ pop retiring in one year!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure he's not. He got signed to a one-year deal after his conversion. He was only signed for one year anyway as far as I know, so he's still an RFA. I have to admit info on exactly his contracts and those of the other two-way guys were structured.
    Technically, for 4 days, he’s on an NBA contract, and likely would be too jazzed to step back into a 2way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah i don’t get trading murray unless we get that holiday type package. But i really don’t get trading for Collins if we’re taking that approach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically, for 4 days, he’s on an NBA contract, and likely would be too jazzed to step back into a 2way
    I was on my phone (and can't edit), but what meant was that I think he signed a one-year two-way deal in the first place. So once this year runs out, he's an RFA and has to have a new contract -- whether one way or two. If he signed a two-year contract, then the reversion might matter (EDIT: I actually checked this, and the reversion actually lasts for the rest of the contract, not just the rest of the year. There's no going back to a two-way automatically for him). I wouldn't actually be surprised if he did sign another two-way contract. His stock wasn't that high in the first place. If the team wants him, I fully expect him back on a most an X-10 deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Dejounte makes no sense unless Collins is being re-routed to another team for more draft capital. If we trade DJ straight up for Collins and a couple picks, I’ll ing hate it. I already don’t like Collins as it is, but he’s still decent enough to keep us from being a bottom-5 team and giving us a chance at the #1 pick, which would be the only real reason you trade DJ. So giving up our best player for a tier one and a couple mid-late draft picks makes no sense to me. Hopefully PATFO are smarter than than, though I don’t have nearly as much confidence in them as I once did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Dejounte after the year he had would be so ing dumb, would be on brand for an organization that hasn't picked a direction since Kawhi shook them to their core

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs aren't going to tank. They just aren't. Trading Murray is no different than trading Kawhi. The Spurs have a lot of young guys they're going to try to develop, and while I think they're planning to do that in presence of Murray, they might not be. I do think they'd try to route Collins elsewhere, but just as with Murray, they'd need to get what they want for him. Otherwise, the team could use him to help develop the many young guards on the roster. Replacing Murray wouldn't be easy, but it would be possible if they play the free-agent game over the next few years. Ultimately, they're trying to solve a puzzle, not open a lock. There isn't one correct action to take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is all assuming Dejounte still wants to be here
    If that's true, that means the last two All Stars this organization has had would have wanted out. At that point, you gotta hope for some type of relocation or pray to god that Pop finally stops holding this team hostage and walks off into the sunset.

Good luck to this organization ever sniffing relevancy again if they managed to piss off Murray too tbh

My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Are these unprotected? Can we have Kispert instead of Avdija?
    What about all three of our recent picks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about all three of our recent picks?

Lol... no

My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Those 3 and two unprotected picks?

The Wiz fan base is so desperate. Look at Wizards twitter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs aren't going to tank. They just aren't. Trading Murray is no different than trading Kawhi. The Spurs have a lot of young guys they're going to try to develop, and while I think they're planning to do that in presence of Murray, they might not be. I do think they'd try to route Collins elsewhere, but just as with Murray, they'd need to get what they want for him. Otherwise, the team could use him to help develop the many young guards on the roster. Replacing Murray wouldn't be easy, but it would be possible if they play the free-agent game over the next few years. Ultimately, they're trying to solve a puzzle, not open a lock. There isn't one correct action to take.
    Totally get it, but no need to limit themselves to ATL if they opt to move DJ. Washington, Knicks among teams with better offerings than taking on 4 more years of Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs fan base is desperate. Folks here want to trade DJ

folks want to keep pushing back the Spurs’ timeline to relevancy. Any day anyone of us could pass away. Tbh I’m not going to wait another five years to see the Spurs compete. I could go next year or the year after next. And these Spurs aren’t as far away as people think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Closer. On the picks, one would be your unprotected 2023 FRP for sections 1-14 (I know Knicks own 15-30), and if it doesn’t covey, then unprotected in 2024.

And, boy, I feel terrible for you all for management poised to give Beal that awful deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

folks want to keep pushing back the Spurs’ timeline to relevancy. Any day anyone of us could pass away. Tbh I’m not going to wait another five years to see the Spurs compete. I could go next year or the year after next. And these Spurs aren’t as far away as people think.
    yeah I don‘t get that either. Makes 0 sense to me with all the youth we already have on the team to trade our 2 PGs away within 5 months

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To competing or making the playoffs? Bc if you’re talking about competing then we are a long ways away. If you’re talking about 6-8th seed then I agree we aren’t that far away. But us winning 55+ games, that is 5 years away at this rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the idea of trading DJ. It’s a bull idea, unless he’s asking out, then him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To competing or making the playoffs? Bc if you’re talking about competing then we are a long ways away. If you’re talking about 6-8th seed then I agree we aren’t that far away. But us winning 55+ games, that is 5 years away at this rate.
    Not gonna get into all that. All I’ll say is that development is ripe for guys like Keldon or Vassell to take the next leap, and the perception of the team’s ceiling hinges on that leap which we will only see once the season begins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they get a haul for him, sure. But not giving him away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte seems thrilled about the potential trade reports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Idk that could be about anything Imo, he’s always posting stuff like that on Instagram lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's just a normal Dejounte post. *If* DJ is to be traded, it's probably best to wait until the Brunson and Beal situations are settled. That way you can pit multiple bidders against each other.

Thread Information