My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely think NY is a team to watch

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that. If we could swing Deni instead of KCP even better.

I still feel we will end up dealing with NYK this summer in some capacity. Whether eating their bad money or even a DJ landing spot itself (Knicks have 7 picks including there own that could be decent).
    Do you guys actually think DJM will be traded? You're making it sound certain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that. If we could swing Deni instead of KCP even better.

I still feel we will end up dealing with NYK this summer in some capacity. Whether eating their bad money or even a DJ landing spot itself (Knicks have 7 picks including there own that could be decent).
    There will be cap room even if they signed Ayton, so go ahead and get Noel with a pick

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if the front office believes in Primo's potential that much, I'd take Okongwu and 3 first rounders for Murray. Flip Poetl for a pick. Okongwu was one of my favorites going into his draft class and I think with starter minutes he breaks out (one of the few guys I've seen able to give Giannis problems in the limited minutes he guarded him). Next year you tank, if you get lucky and hit #1, take Wembenyama and you've got a great trade asset in Okongwu. In the more likely scenario that you don't get lucky, you've got a young highly switchable defensive monster with a not broken jump shot on the same timeline as your other guys, and you can go get BPA and more draft assets for a true rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3x1rd from ATL with Dejounte in Hawks very bad deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington makes sense. Johnny Davis + KCP + 3 firsts (one unprotected, one top 4 protected and one top 8 protected)
    Spurs reportedly do want that type of haul for him but I am very doubtful a team views Murray's value with that kind of reciprocity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the Spurs are asking for is not the same as what they think teams value him as

To the Spurs, it may be more trouble giving him up for fair value than keeping him thus the increased cost. They likely aren’t even seeking to trade him, but it’s the summer and all kind of BS is up for discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There will be cap room even if they signed Ayton, so go ahead and get Noel with a pick
    There won’t. We have ~30mm if we renounce Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds to me like we're going to move him and Jak for picks...take bad contracts for picks...maybe even move KJ for picks....play the young guys and try to get enough ping pong balls to get a shot at Victor Wembanyama..
    Nobody is going to give up Wembanyama for picks. It’s either you get #1 pick or you don’t get him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is going to give up Wembanyama for picks. It’s either you get #1 pick or you don’t get him.
    I didn't argue otherwise...but the more picks your have in the lottery the better your chances are of having one bounce your way..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree with this.

I believe the lead candidates are NY, Atlanta, Portland, and Nets. Spurs should prioritize teams who can include an unprotected '23 FRP.

The Nets are intriguing as the three team partner because they could send Kyrie one direction and receive Dejounte (and McDermott, I'd guess).

I personally think NY + SA + BKN OR POR + SA + BKN makes more sense than Atlanta.

A straight up trade with the Knicks makes the most sense.

My best guess on the value sought by Spurs:

IF NY, then I'd imagine San Antonio would have to get 4 picks, including NY's unprotected '23, and Obi Toppin.

IF Portland, at least 2 picks plus Shaedon Sharpe.

If Brooklyn, 4 picks.

A three team trade with Brooklyn means 2 picks from BKN and 2 picks from the third team (who will land Kyrie) and maybe a young player.

If ATL, Collins and three firsts, at least one of which would have to be unprotected.

The difference in # of picks is entirely dependent on projected number of lottery picks. Spurs will value Murray on par with three lottery picks. So more picks, or a player, will be required if the picks sent to Spurs project mid to late first round. Brooklyn and Portland's would project in late teens or 20s, which is why I think the inclusion of Shaedon Sharpe would be necessary if dealing with Portland.

If Spurs move Murray, they'd also move Poeltl, Richardson, and probably Johnson, which is ~4 FRPs. Moving Murray means resetting around Devin as the most Sr. member of the young core, which will also feature four 19 year olds.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with this.

I believe the lead candidates are NY, Atlanta, Portland, and Nets. Spurs should prioritize teams who can include an unprotected '23 FRP.

The Nets are intriguing as the three team partner because they could send Kyrie one direction and receive Dejounte (and McDermott, I'd guess).

I personally think NY + SA + BKN OR POR + SA + BKN makes more sense than Atlanta.

A straight up trade with the Knicks makes the most sense.

My best guess on the value sought by Spurs:

IF NY, then I'd imagine San Antonio would have to get 4 picks, including NY's unprotected '23, and Obi Toppin.

IF Portland, at least 2 picks plus Shaedon Sharpe.

If Brooklyn, 4 picks.

A three team trade with Brooklyn means 2 picks from BKN and 2 picks from the third team (who will land Kyrie) and maybe a young player.

If ATL, Collins and three firsts, at least one of which would have to be unprotected.

The difference in # of picks is entirely dependent on projected number of lottery picks. Spurs will value Murray on par with three lottery picks. So more picks, or a player, will be required if the picks sent to Spurs project mid to late first round. Brooklyn and Portland's would project in late teens or 20s, which is why I think the inclusion of Shaedon Sharpe would be necessary if dealing with Portland.

If Spurs move Murray, they'd also move Poeltl, Richardson, and probably Johnson, which is ~4 FRPs. Moving Murray means resetting around Devin as the most Sr. member of the young core, which will also feature four 19 year olds.
    EDIT: I just saw DPG's speculation re: Washington. Agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There won’t. We have ~30mm if we renounce Walker.
    34. More if they renounce more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ The Murray trade teams I’ve heard musing on by the various podcasters are NYK, ATL, WAS, MIN.

— I’m intrigued most by NYK if the goal is picks. They have those 3 protected picks (Dallas one only top 10 btw), but more importantly they have their own out to 2028.

— a WAS deal involving J. Davis and picks intrigues.

— ATL and MIN are meh. No point in a Collins swap if Murray goes out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In reality Suns will also end up taking some of our guys back in a S&T, if they’re dead set on balking at a max offer sheet.

In that world Ayton signs and Spurs still have a healthy amount of capspace potentially to some bad salaries (Knicks) for picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivey will be great in Detroit. They have some good young talent there.
    Detroit? That’s where players careers go to die isn’t it. This isn’t the well run organization of the early 00s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit? That’s where players careers go to die isn’t it. This isn’t the well run organization of the early 00s.
    Nah, they’re cooking now. Detroit will be fun to watch over next 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. NY is desperate for a PG and has 3 firsts + all of their own, and they're going to suck long term. If Brunson stays with the Mavs, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they throw everything but the kitchen sink at us for Dejounte. If they throw 5 lightly protected firsts, or 4 + a few swaps, then it may be something to consider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ The Murray trade teams I’ve heard musing on by the various podcasters are NYK, ATL, WAS, MIN.

— I’m intrigued most by NYK if the goal is picks. They have those 3 protected picks (Dallas one only top 10 btw), but more importantly they have their own out to 2028.

Yes, this. Washington or NY are the teams that make the most sense, not Atlanta.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, this. Washington or NY are the teams that make the most sense, not Atlanta.
    With New York, the Spurs can even take Fournier off their hands if it increases the haul. I’d demand 2 unprotected NYK FRP (or at least the 2023 one), and the 3 protected FRP they just got.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mostly agree with this. Collins would have help with the development of Primo. And we'd be able to secure 1-2 FRPs for him at a future trade deadline. So I don't think Spurs should over think his fit without Murray; they should secure the asset and determine how to convert it later.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mostly agree with this. Collins would help with the development of Primo. And we'd be able to secure 1-2 FRPs for him at a future trade deadline. So I don't think Spurs should over think his fit without Murray; they should secure the asset and determine how to convert it later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know where you're looking, but the Capulator isn't counting the cap holds for the rookies. The Spurs don't have a max slot after guaranteeing Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With New York, the Spurs can even take Fournier off their hands if it increases the haul. I’d demand 2 unprotected NYK FRP (or at least the 2023 one), and the 3 protected FRP they just got.
    They got 3 first round picks for OUSMANE F*ING DIENG... If we hand them a 25 year old all star AND take on a horrible contract, we need more than that. I would ask for the MSG also...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got 3 first round picks for OUSMANE F*ING DIENG... If we hand them a 25 year old all star AND take on a horrible contract, we need more than that. I would ask for the MSG also...
    I mean 5 picks, two of which are unprotected is a start.

Thread Information