Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it. I'm sure Spurs have talked to DJ and probably got his input. They know they are not near contending and probably asked him if he wanted to continue on or be traded with a chance to compete. I don't think they'd cut ties just because he got emotional during a game
    Yup. The denial is strong in the Spurs fandom.

We have known for a long time DJ wants to contend fiercely. This team is far from it and is reluctant to make a move to trade assets for a Player that would raise the team’s ceiling. They seem committed to a long term rebuild process for now. DJ won’t want to stick around for that.

The Spurs have started canvassing interest in him IMO bc of the impending demand for a veteran max contract or very close to it, while they are nowhere near contending. When he’s up for negotiating an extension next summer things could be more complicated, though this could indeed take a long time to find the right trade.

Its possible he was just waiting and seeing what direction the team was taking and now would rather be somewhere else, where before that wasn’t on his mind. Like Ben Simmons finding out he was almost traded switching him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great message to the young guys that you can develop your game with the Spurs and eventually you'll get traded to a much better franchise as a reward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am going to wait before jumping off the cliff to see what actually happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How credible is Zach Klein?

Already covering his ass...

My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Closer. On the picks, one would be your unprotected 2023 FRP for sections 1-14 (I know Knicks own 15-30), and if it doesn’t covey, then unprotected in 2024.

And, boy, I feel terrible for you all for management poised to give Beal that awful deal.
    We just have to hope and pray he stays healthy... and goes back to being productive and then he asks for a trade under that environment...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Middling playoff team for the next two years, unless they believe they can sign an impact free agent this off-season. Blow up at least commits to a direction and builds on a solid base of young talent.
    I get blowing it up but I'm not blowing it up for freaking late first round picks, which is what Atlanta picks would be with a guy like Murray there to cover up for Trae Young's horrific defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't remember who it was on a twitter, but thought it might have been because DJ is a klutch client, looking at his potential future in SA, etc

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If its Gallo and 3 or 4 1st I don't see how there aren't alot of other teams out there that could beat that offer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. The denial is strong in the Spurs fandom.

We have known for a long time DJ wants to contend fiercely. This team is far from it and is reluctant to make a move to trade assets for a Player that would raise the team’s ceiling. They seem committed to a long term rebuild process for now. DJ won’t want to stick around for that.

The Spurs have started canvassing interest in him IMO bc of the impending demand for a veteran max contract or very close to it, while they are nowhere near contending. When he’s up for negotiating an extension next summer things could be more complicated, though this could indeed take a long time to find the right trade.

Its possible he was just waiting and seeing what direction the team was taking and now would rather be somewhere else, where before that wasn’t on his mind. Like Ben Simmons finding out he was almost traded switching him
    Thats kinda what I’m thinking, I don’t want them to trade DJ but what ways can the spurs actually raise their ceiling if they keep DJ? Like if we added Ayton to the existing team we’d be at best a 6th seed. You have to get that superstar to contend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am going to wait before jumping off the cliff to see what actually happens.
    Whole ado about nothing with ST posters acting as if it’s truth and making posts how folks are in denial

A lot of point A to point Z reasoning is being made based off zero evidence

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Already covering his ass...
    Good catch.

I meant on a scale of zero (TSpence) to 100 (Shams), cause I don't know anything about this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real hard time believing they'd do it. Maybe smoke screen for another trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor journalism tbh

say it’s on the verge but that it’s not a done deal

maybe it’s just the fan in me, but these guys have to be more careful with words.
    They have no accountability. The more reckless they are the more digital metrics they hit on. Th

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great message to the young guys that you can develop your game with the Spurs and eventually you'll get traded to a much better franchise as a reward.
    Don't be dumb. Situations are situational. If the Spurs felt like they could build a legitimate contender around Murray and other stars, I'm sure they'd be all in on that front. At this point, the only hope would be to overpay for a young guy that hasn't proven he can be the guy (Ayton/Bridges) or that your next go-to scorer (LaVine) works out better than your last one to great effect. Both seem likely to not pan out, even if they were attainable.

My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    This is dumb enough to have Wright's name all over it.
    What is Brian Wright doing?

If Murray is going for Gallo and multiple picks, that should be a fireable offense.

Holt should step in!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like could we at least get Deandre Hunter or OO in the trade lol
    no way you deal Dejounte for other things than Hunter and or Okongwu plus picks or something.

Spurs will deal their only all star for picks ? and maybe with these picks they will have another dejounte. Speculating on draft, tanking, is not a good idea, the lottery can punish you.

Do with what you have and if the team is bad then maybe you trade DJ for a big offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If its Gallo and 3 or 4 1st I don't see how there aren't alot of other teams out there that could beat that offer
    3 late firsts and a player they'd have to buyout for a young all star is beyond awful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, Murray might want a trade, and he might not want it because his feelings are hurt. It's possible he and the team are on good terms, DJM loves Pop like a father, and Murray wants to welcome the rookies AND that he and the team feel like it's best for both sides if he moves to a contender.
    I have been saying for a while the team and DJ are on different timelines. DJ wants to play in a compe ive team, the Spurs are far from contending and I won’t blame them if they want to take a measured approach not making win now moves. DJ IMO would eventually tire from that. It would eventually not be a good pairing between team and player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get blowing it up but I'm not blowing it up for freaking late first round picks, which is what Atlanta picks would be with a guy like Murray there to cover up for Trae Young's horrific defense.
    Yeah, not commenting on the specific deal. Moreso the concept. As I stated in a previous post, I don't see the Spurs FO getting fleeced in a deal where they have all the leverage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This still smells like ATL trying to cook up a market. This was what Morey was trying to do last summer with Ben Simmons. Insisting that there were big offers on the table.

"League sources" just means the Fischer guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to nitpick but the Hawks barring any other trades still probably wouldn't even hit 50 wins so their picks may be in the 18-22 range versus a late first rounder. Especially if they get rid of Collins too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really curious how Spurs PR will handle explaining to the season ticket holders how they gave up their only homegrown all star in a few years.

Casual fans who attend have an attachment to players. Which recognizable player will they turn to next? Keldon?
    That part will be tricky I'd think...

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch trying to team up their guys, again. This time at the Spurs’ expense. What are the chances dejounte asks for a trade before training camp starts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to nitpick but the Hawks barring any other trades still probably wouldn't even hit 50 wins so their picks may be in the 18-22 range versus a late first rounder. Especially if they get rid of Collins too
    That’s what’s weird too! There isn’t a whole lot of all star caliber players available right now but is Trae Young and Murray even a good fit? Like the ball needs to be in Trae young’s hands not DJs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That part will be tricky I'd think...
    Alienating the fans only helps a potential move

Thread Information