My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-m...atlanta-hawks/

I thought it was BS at first ... but the rumors are legit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, I assumed this was a smokescrean. Nice reporting OP!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounding like it was probably the Kings and #4?

If it included a lightly protected future Kings pick and a couple of FRPs from ATL *and* we got to keep #9 in addition to getting #4... man, I think we'd have to do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like my gut was right then about Collins making no sense for Sa if trading Murray. If Sa takes Dieng i hope Sa trades Murray.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm expecting the only trade the spurs make is trading away one of their first round picks for a future first.

The Spurs asking prices are too high on every trade to get anything done.
    Teams would be smart to stay far away from San Antonio in regards to a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like my gut was right then about Collins making no sense for Sa if trading Murray. If Sa takes Dieng i hope Sa trades Murray.
    This tbh. As much as I'd hate the Dieng pick, if they take him it signals the Spurs have picked a direction and have entered tank mode. Both Murray and Poeltl should be dealt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounding like it was probably the Kings and #4?

If it included a lightly protected future Kings pick and a couple of FRPs from ATL *and* we got to keep #9 in addition to getting #4... man, I think we'd have to do that.
    I don't see any way Sacto sends out #4 just for John Collins. They'd have to get #9 in the deal. If it came down to just pick protections, maybe a middle ground could be reached. They supposedly wanted full 1-14 lottery protection, and the Spurs probably wanted something like 1-4. Maybe 1-8 would work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multiple individuals employed by the Spurs say the franchise views Primo’s ultimate position to be point guard and that he’s exhibiting extreme work ethic and has made notable strides already this offseason.

This is the best news from that. I’m excited what this translates come openning day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, ATL can suck every imaginable if they were trying to gice a bunch of non-lotto picks. Like functionally, it may not make a difference, but the lack of upside would be brutal.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, ATL can suck every imaginable if they were trying to gice a bunch of non-lotto picks. Like functionally, it may not make a difference, but the lack of upside would be brutal.
    What was the third team giving up? Murray straightup for pick 4 to get Ivey is a good deal.

This idea the spurs can get multiple unprotected or lightly protected picks is telling me the Spurs don't really want a trade.

I think the Spurs asking price was probably too high to get anything done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-m...atlanta-hawks/

I thought it was BS at first ... but the rumors are legit
    Good information... honestly, I like the way they're thinking... I also felt like the way they view Primo was having an effect here too...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any way Sacto sends out #4 just for John Collins. They'd have to get #9 in the deal. If it came down to just pick protections, maybe a middle ground could be reached. They supposedly wanted full 1-14 lottery protection, and the Spurs probably wanted something like 1-4. Maybe 1-8 would work?
    I think Sacramento might be getting Collins and Okongwu in the deal instead of 9....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A trade of Murray whether this draft or later just tells me Spurs are eyeing a equally effective Guard on this draft. Davis, Jaylen, Mathurin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To risky!

I'd say get Ayton and Duren and call it a day... We have plenty of near all star guards guards.

It's also sad that this rumor has leaked... Just bad moral for this young Spurs Team. We should just stick with what we got, we are close to getting final peices together with some young bigs and we are set for 10 years. I hope the Spurs reads this and allow this young team to learn. Patience please. And no players over 27 unless they are Allstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Murray for Collins was, if course, stupid. I don't get trading him for Ivey, who is both unproven and less of a point guard. Those picks must have been really enticing.

Or there is intel that one of the top three teams is taking Ivey and a big is falling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol betting the farm on Primo. Diversity hire doing diversity hire things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Hawks’ interest to hide Trae’s defensive weaknesses, and DJ is a very good help defense and co-facilitator, only 25 and cheap contract. It’s a no brainer for Hawks. They will continue knocking.

I wander if those multiple FRP’s can be packaged with 20-25 and get to top 10. I really like to get Davis and Sochan/Duren or all 3 on this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Hawks’ interest to hide Trae’s defensive weaknesses, and DJ is a very good help defense and co-facilitator, only 25 and cheap contract. It’s a no brainer for Hawks. They will continue knocking.

I wander if those multiple FRP’s can be packaged with 20-25 and get to top 10. I really like to get Davis and Sochan/Duren or all 3 on this draft.

murrays not going anywhere homie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate the fact that the Spurs are doing whatever they can to improve the team. They should have shifted into this mode the day Kawhi walked, but that's ok. They were hoping our two all-stars could morph out of the post-season flops everyone else knew they were.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To risky!

I'd say get Ayton and Duren and call it a day... We have plenty of near all star guards guards.

It's also sad that this rumor has leaked... Just bad moral for this young Spurs Team. We should just stick with what we got, we are close to getting final peices together with some young bigs and we are set for 10 years. I hope the Spurs reads this and allow this young team to learn. Patience please. And no players over 27 unless they are Allstar.
    Spurs are closer to the bottom than they are to the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a heads up timvp, this article is making the rounds on a bunch of team subreddits and the main nba reddit. It's trending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 draft picks for Murray is a fking haul. I’ll say it again he is hardly in play.

Viewing Primo as the future of the franchise is absolute lunacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 draft picks for Murray is a fking haul. I’ll say it again he is hardly in play.

Viewing Primo as the future of the franchise is absolute lunacy.
    lol at primo replacing murray at pg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a heads up timvp, this article is making the rounds on a bunch of team subreddits and the main nba reddit. It's trending.
    Good. Let the bidding war begin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be thrilled to part with Murray, with a Davis, Sochan and Duren in my roster at the end of the day.

Thread Information