Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte is a borderline AS. He is NOT a max player and I don’t think the SO views him as such. I think he will be moved at the latest by trade deadline. It’s only fair that Murray shows that he is worth the Max contract before then, including getting into the line consistently. I doubt he duplicates last years’ almost triple double average, with expectedly more players improving and getting a bigger piece of the pie. Still it would take true leadership to distribute and get everybody on the same page. If the Spurs are above .500 then, it’s a good change they give it to him. Somebody mentioned Simmons. I would consider swap with Simmons tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte is a borderline AS. He is NOT a max player and I don’t think the SO views him as such. I think he will be moved at the latest by trade deadline. It’s only fair that Murray shows that he is worth the Max contract before then, including getting into the line consistently. I doubt he duplicates last years’ almost triple double average, with expectedly more players improving and getting a bigger piece of the pie. Still it would take true leadership to distribute and get everybody on the same page. If the Spurs are above .500 then, it’s a good change they give it to him. Somebody mentioned Simmons. I would consider swap with Simmons tbh.
    You want to trade DJ because he might not be worth a max contract for a guy who is definitely not worth a max contract but is already on one?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like it's done up until the Gallo buyout. Doubt a deal falls through because of this ATL got cash from the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You may very well be correct but, I think there are scenarios where Atlanta can get an unprotected 1st from NY or Portland that are likely to be mid to late lottery projected...
    What scenarios would NY or Portland give their unprotected first next year? If ATL is giving SA all of theirs, what assets do they have that would be enticing enough to give an unprotected first for? NY/POR aren’t going to give it for OO, Hunter, or Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Portland has a shot for ayton and using that 1st and some 2nds they have up their sleeve to make it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmmmm

thoughts galore here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Portland has a shot for ayton and using that 1st and some 2nds they have up their sleeve to make it happen.
    They won’t be able to pay Simmons if they want to go after Ayton and they’ll still be pressed to max him as they used a fair chunk of cap for Grant already.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like it. Spurs let Murray compete for 2 years, get high draft picks when they suck without him and give Murray a new contract when he enters UFA. Nice plan!

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gallo makes sense... old washed overpriced international player

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could of sworn spurs offered lonnie,murray and picks. But sixers wanted the moon.
    I remember it as Murray + Lonnie no picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m having trouble understanding the logic of trading Murray. The way I see it, you use the draft to find all-stars, and once you find these all-stars, you build around them by finding other all-stars to pair with them.

Why then would you trade the all-stars you’ve already found for more draft picks to instigate process all over again? Is this going to be a never ending cycle?
    Basically, I think it’s a age thing. We missed our chance to pair Murray with a legit star in recent years, and now the team skews very young.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh .

what does this mean?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What scenarios would NY or Portland give their unprotected first next year? If ATL is giving SA all of theirs, what assets do they have that would be enticing enough to give an unprotected first for? NY/POR aren’t going to give it for OO, Hunter, or Collins.
    With NY it's a player like you mentioned or a future pick plus some of our cap space...in the case of Portland it's likely a player that they feel will help them this year with Dame who can fit seamlessly with Grant... they might see Hunter as that guy or they might need a KJ to get it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With NY it's a player like you mentioned or a future pick plus some of our cap space...in the case of Portland it's likely a player that they feel will help them this year with Dame who can fit seamlessly with Grant... they might see Hunter as that guy or they might need a KJ to get it done.
    What player for NY? A future first and a salary dump for an unprotected first?

…Unprotected first for Hunter?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What player for NY? A future first and a salary dump for an unprotected first?

…Unprotected first for Hunter?
    It could be hunter..it could be that they'd value OO....it could even be that they're one of the Eastern Conf teams that Timvp mentioned that's after DJ themselves...and in that scenario it could be instead of Brunson or to pair with Brunson...a deal that paired those two would be worth several picks to them.... there are just so many scenarios and so many things in play right now it's hard to know which one they take but it's pretty clear we're trying to cash in on DJ in some form or fashion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Road to greatness again:
    high sell Dejounte (3 picks included 1 unprotected 23) Poelt (1 pick ) Josh plus cap space sell ( knicks 2 years contracts) another 1rd pick
    low cost young team - high lotto pick ( own) and 2 extra for 2023
    Large playing time just for youngsters Like spurs with young Robinson Rod Anderson and Sean
    One extra star from cap space after Draft ( 1st overal ??)
    max offer for Dejounte from our totally better team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be hunter..it could be that they'd value OO....it could even be that they're one of the Eastern Conf teams that Timvp mentioned that's after DJ themselves...and in that scenario it could be instead of Brunson or to pair with Brunson...a deal that paired those two would be worth several picks to them.... there are just so many scenarios and so many things in play right now it's hard to know which one they take but it's pretty clear we're trying to cash in on DJ in some form or fashion.
    Eh, agree to disagree. It sounds like you’re just saying there’s many scenarios because you’re struggling to name a specific one. I’d like to see you post that trade proposal on their board of giving up an unprotected first for Hunter or OO. That is just something that doesn’t happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, agree to disagree. It sounds like you’re just saying there’s many scenarios because you’re struggling to name a specific one. I’d like to see you post that trade proposal on their board of giving up an unprotected first for Hunter or OO. That is just something that doesn’t happen.
    That's cool...you could be right (with the exception of me struggling) at any rate if you are we'll know in the next few days... I'm not infallible and I've been wrong before and will be in the future... I'm just following the logic and trying to weed out the things that aren't.... either way...its an interesting time in SA and alot of people are following this so that in itself is a positive..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it’s just Gallo + picks, I’ll be pretty pissed. OKC has all the picks in the world and they still suck lol so much luck goes into drafting the next guy.
    They suck ON PURPOSE. They’re trying to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like Gallo's contract becoming guaranteed actually helps facilitate the deal to match salaries
    Cutting Gallo and eating only $5M is one of the big draws of this deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think folks are underestimating how hard it is to get unprotected picks from anything other than the truly elite teams in the league. It the 2023 draft was the Spurs' goal, they should have pushed to get 2023 swaps/unprotected picks years ago. ATL, Washington, NYK -- those are teams that could still miss the playoffs even without Murray if things don't go according to plan. Minny and NOP are other teams, but they have the advantage of directly competing against a weakened Spurs team for a playoff spot. The Pelicans, with their ability to give up a doubly unprotected pick (their own and LAL's with swap rights), might be the best option.

Murray for Daniels, NOP's unprotected 2023 first (including LAL swap rights), LAL's 2024/2025 pick and MKE's 2027 pick.

The Spurs get their young player and three firsts, all unprotected. They never depend on the Pelicans being bad, but they get two different "bites at the apple".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cutting Gallo and eating only $5M is one of the big draws of this deal.
    It's not, because that's no longer how trades work. If Gallo is only guaranteed $5 Million, then he only counts for that much when matching for the Hawks but counts for the full amount when matching for the Spurs. That's why they have to raise his guarantee amount so the Hawks can do this deal: otherwise, they aren't sending out enough to match Murray's salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not, because that's no longer how trades work. If Gallo is only guaranteed $5 Million, then he only counts for that much when matching for the Hawks but counts for the full amount when matching for the Spurs. That's why they have to raise his guarantee amount so the Hawks can do this deal: otherwise, they aren't sending out enough to match Murray's salary.
    Yep, same thing is happening with Danny Green's contract in the 23 for Melton trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, just maybe, PATFO is trying to generate a bidding war for Dejounte with other teams around the league.

Hopefully they've learned to be better negotiators after the Kawhi ass rape return.
    That return still has assets outstanding We got Jak, Keldon, 3 years of DeRozan, which has now become a 2025 FRP and Wesley. Jak and Keldon could still be flipped for further assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way this level headed overly pragmatic front office attempts to stock pile picks believing that they can will their way to the 1st pick.

No amount of draft capital will be enough to trade for that 1st pick either.
    You don’t stockpile the picks hoping for a #1, you stockpile them hoping for a Kawhi at 15, or a Booker at 13. The more shots at it, the better the odds.

Thread Information