Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whelp I had said the only way Murray gets moved is for a great young player and for multiple lottery picks with virtually no protection and it looks like that is what they were asking for

Feel like the end game would be to take some of the picks you get for Murray and then use them to move up and get Ivey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at primo replacing murray at pg
    I don’t see it at all but I never saw Parker replacing Antonio Daniels so quickly either however nothing about Primo looks like a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see it at all but I never saw Parker replacing Antonio Daniels so quickly either however nothing about Primo looks like a PG.

a lot of ST posters here still say the same about murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “There was a two hour window where [sic] the trade looked like it was nearing completion. Agents were even in on the call,” reads a text I got from a source last night.
    Wow. This would be nuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for this great report TIMVP. My initial reaction was kind of shock and denial, but after sleeping on it I realized trading Murray for a haul makes sense. I have chatted so much already about this that nothing else needs saying here, but thanking you for confirming this rumor.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the third team giving up? Murray straightup for pick 4 to get Ivey is a good deal.

This idea the spurs can get multiple unprotected or lightly protected picks is telling me the Spurs don't really want a trade.

I think the Spurs asking price was probably too high to get anything done.
    Which is the spurs MO. Instead of just flat out saying no we won't trade Dejounte they are telling Atlanta in order for you to get Dejounte you got to get us 4 lottery picks with little to no protection, which is going to be almost impossible for Atlanta to do with their current roster and players.

But...to play devils advocate...Atlanta is obviously desperate, since they took a HUGE step back last year. From ECF to not even in the playoffs. Pretty sure that staff is feeling heat from ownership to get back on track now. So who knows.

It is crazy to think that if the spurs would have been down to do pick swaps instead then Murray would be traded or getting traded today

Brian Wong turning into Bryan Big ing Balls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multiple individuals employed by the Spurs say the franchise views Primo’s ultimate position to be point guard and that he’s exhibiting extreme work ethic and has made notable strides already this offseason.

This is the best news from that. I’m excited what this translates come opening day.
    Oh boy.. thanks for quoting this.
    It slipped my mind as I was sooooo focused on the Murray trade.

This would obviously be a tanky move. Nothing to do but root for Primo at that point, and if not the tank.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also wtf is Josh Primo doing in the spurs facility to make people think he can be a franchise player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A trade of Murray whether this draft or later just tells me Spurs are eyeing a equally effective Guard on this draft. Davis, Jaylen, Mathurin
    Wright seemed to talk about nothing but guards and BPA... it's in his subconscious and on his mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither is Murray a true PG. He’s a penetrate/dish kind of guy. And Tre almost getting triple-doubles whenever he starts makes me wonder if DJ is a system player. I know DJ has plenty of athleticism and crossover moves that he can translate elsewhere. But I don’t think he’s indispensable as a PG. And surely if Primo can tighten his handles, I know he can take the passing role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also wtf is Josh Primo doing in the spurs facility to make people think he can be a franchise player
    well I mean if you have guards that are 5'11" and unathletic guarding him, he will look like a star...

I am being sarcastic here... I am obviously rooting for him, but realistic take is that the tank will finally arrive.

Hopefully his shooting is back though. Even though I am skeptical about those lofty expectations, he will be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t at all be surprised if the spurs really like a guard in this draft and that they’re planning on drafting one of them tbh. Blake Wesley? Tyty Washington? Dyson Daniels? Dalen Terry?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To risky!

I'd say get Ayton and Duren and call it a day... We have plenty of near all star guards guards.

It's also sad that this rumor has leaked... Just bad moral for this young Spurs Team. We should just stick with what we got, we are close to getting final peices together with some young bigs and we are set for 10 years. I hope the Spurs reads this and allow this young team to learn. Patience please. And no players over 27 unless they are Allstar.
    This team is not close honestly. Considering Murray trades is an admission that they aren't close.

If it wasn't for the play in game the last 3 seasons, the Spurs would have had nothing to look for but tank at the end after the all star game for 3 straight seasons.

I have to give credit to the NBA for keeping the play in as it has given teams that are trying to compete something to aim for instead of starting the tank in February. If it wasn't for those play in games, fans would realize how hopeless things could be looking. It was really bad that some of those bad years, they had demar and other veterans on the team. They needed to do this sooner... anyways,

Murray will be elegible for an extension next summer, hes represented for Rich Paul and will want a max. Jakob is going to be worth $20 million per year starting next summer... This team is still far away.... so they need to get real.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t at all be surprised if the spurs really like a guard in this draft and that they’re planning on drafting one of them tbh. Blake Wesley? Tyty Washington? Dyson Daniels? Dalen Terry?
    Don't think any of these guys will be as good as Dejounte was this year. I don't think any guard could be other than Ivey and...gasp...Shaedon Sharpe

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “There was a two hour window where [sic] the trade looked like it was nearing completion. Agents were even in on the call,” reads a text I got from a source last night.

Wow. This would be nuts.
    That is a ton of smoke. A few more hours and we'll see if there's any fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/ilikeATLSports/s...ssW95JxgA&s=19

That I have to say for me is a jump all over it. I'd think the kings would want one of our other picks. What do you guys think on this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That I have to say for me is a jump all over it. I'd think the kings would want one of our other picks. What do you guys think on this one.
    I hate this trade, TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whelp I had said the only way Murray gets moved is for a great young player and for multiple lottery picks with virtually no protection and it looks like that is what they were asking for

Feel like the end game would be to take some of the picks you get for Murray and then use them to move up and get Ivey
    lol you nailed it.
    Come on teams! Get cracking. You want to make a Summer Splash, improve your team! This is it!

--------------------

Seriously... those in denial still should look at the fact that the Spurs are not rumored to be buyers for any significant additions but trading up in the draft, to realize how clear it is that the Spurs are rebuilding still.

Murray is, realistically, "not about that life" at this point of his career.

Whether Primo is a potential cornerstone or not we don't know, but all we can do is root for him whatever happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got better court vision than Murray. DeJounte has literally never made a pass that surprised and delighted me. Primo, in his limited 1000 minute rookie season, made a half dozen of them. He's like an offense version of Vassell on defense, who just knows where everyone is. Even on the drive, he knows when a player is sliding to a new position, whether it's part of the play or a reaction to defensive movement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

F*ck no. That's basically Dejounte for no. 4, since 15 & 16 have about equal value to 9. So F'n NO. Might reconsider if we keep 9 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not on this board as much as in years past but I'm still a Spurs fan for life. This is a stunning turn of events even if it doesn't end up happening. One thing I can't find much info on is whether Pop is coming back or not. I even read something about Manu being a possible replacement. If Murray gets traded, does that indicate Pop is definitely retiring?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. This would be nuts.

and of course the it was seconds away from completing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F*ck no. That's basically Dejounte for no. 4, since 15 & 16 have about equal value to 9. So F'n NO. Might reconsider if we keep 9 though.
    You don't like the center and no I'm not spelling his damn name lolol...I'm challenged. Other moves would follow as well probably and your getting 4 16 and future number ones ok Atlanta might be in the 20s but the kings gonna king. Plus a center. I'd be all over that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah they have to get one of those players I am guessing Blake or Dalen Terry of even TYTy if he falls to 20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Misread the trade, it's Dejounte + 9 for 4 + 16 + Charlotte's 2023... actually even WORSE. We'd have to keep 9 and maybe add a swap or 2.

Thread Information