San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Move this franchise to Austin or Seattle tbh
    Kiss off

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the goal? Cut Gallo and eat his guaranteed $5MM then put the pressure on the Suns by giving him a max offer? Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently Zach Klein has legit sources from the ATL front office. He called the Doncic for Trae Young trade hours before it happened and also predicted the Okongwu pick. Spurs and Hawks are definitely talking
    Is he stating that the Spurs did have talks about Collins before the Draft? Or is he stating that there is on going trade talks between the Spurs and Atlanta right now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he stating that the Spurs did have talks about Collins before the Draft? Or is he stating that there is on going trade talks between the Spurs and Atlanta right now?
    He's saying they are discussing a deal around DJ for Gallo and picks right now. Of course that doesn't mean that the Spurs like the deal, but them still being in talks is definitely legit so it seems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this would be so dumb. in my opinion this is all talks with no real momentum. just talks.

thinking about it from all angles it does not make sense for anyone.
    If we were to actually trade Murray, why to the Hawks? and for Gallanari just cause of his contract? so you give away your all star to a guy with an expiring contract. cool. we have so many young players on this team right now already. 3 frp's seems ludicrous like a waste if they are in their 20's or mid teens. we need a 1st pick which won't happen through a trade.

and as for the hawks go, Tre needs the ball in his hands. So does Murray. Murray as we know is not an off the ball player. the fit would just be awkward.

nothing about this makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't embed tweets here anymore but from JeffGSpursZone twitter account:

According to @ZachKleinWSB in a chat w/@SASportsStar
    a D. Murray deal depends on Pop and if he wants to blow the team up and go into full rebuild mode.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the clarification RC.........So just curious what are peoples expectations on what is a good trade for us regarding Murray - 3 First Picks or Combo Player and picks? It seems like a third teams has to be involved who do you think it is and what could they give us?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This rumored trade is idiotic, even for Wright

If you want to tank, do what OKC did and use cap space for picks and sit guys if their ankle feels funny. You don't trade away your SGA.

Those picks, 2 or 3 doesn't matter, they're going to be almost worthless picks in the 20s. What a joke.
    Wrights an idiot again?? Gotcha……Clowns🤡

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

a D. Murray deal depends on Pop and if he wants to blow the team up and go into full rebuild mode.
    Ok, nothing to see here, we're safe.

We like what we have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Move this franchise to Austin or Seattle tbh
    vegas tbh

want the raiders/spurs in the same city tbh. there were those small rumors of the raiders moving to SA. having them both move to Vegas would be nice though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

as opposed to partial rebuild mode?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can if you know how.

[ tweet ]tweet number string, only[ /tweet ]. Remove the spaces before and after the brackets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I call that BS - No way would the Spurs be talking about a trade this far without getting Pop to sign off on it that makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now atl is trying to fleece us gallo to cut and three late firsts from atl to make Dejounte happy because we sure as cant build a winnerfckn spurs smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The owner(s) should be making the call. Can't believe coach has this much say

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this organization, always leaving their fans twisting in the wind. Wright could have easily made some cliche, perfunctory comment during his multiple media availabilities since the rumors began.

Now we get to sit on pins and needles again waiting and hoping that they don't make a colossal mistake to set this franchise further back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the president of basketball ops as well, not just the coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we have no ownership. Just kids playing with daddys old team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this organization, always leaving their fans twisting in the wind. Wright could have easily made some cliche, perfunctory comment during his multiple media availabilities since the rumors began.

Now we get to sit on pins and needles again waiting and hoping that they don't make a colossal mistake to set this franchise further back.
    Gallo becomes guaranteed on Wednesday, killing the potential deal. If you can’t wait that long, you’re a ing child.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I just listened to the 1250 radio interview Zach Klein just had that JeffG cites. Left wondering how a reporter in Atlanta, or his sources, have any inside knowledge of what's rolling around in Pop's head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the clarification RC.........So just curious what are peoples expectations on what is a good trade for us regarding Murray - 3 First Picks or Combo Player and picks? It seems like a third teams has to be involved who do you think it is and what could they give us?
    I don't want to do it period. But a haul would most likely mean at least 3 unprotected picks including swaps who would most likely end up in the top 10 plus at least 1 young player. The team that gets him would have to massively overpay

You can if you know how.

[ tweet ]tweet number string, only[ /tweet ]. Remove the spaces before and after the brackets
    thanks, was wondering why it never worked. I used the whole link before and the tweet always used to show up

Dictatorvich holding the franchise hostage, nothing new tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Crofl so now the old man wants to blow it up? Where was that 3 years ago when literally every single fan with half a brain knew they weren't winning as soon Uncle Dennis was done with them.

I really need to know what the Sniff Crew thinks about this when they were adamant against tanking but now that this dumbass FO finally realizes years too late what should have been done then it becomes another genius move by PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just listened to the 1250 radio interview Zach Klein just had that JeffG cites. Left wondering how a reporter in Atlanta, or his sources, have any inside knowledge of what's rolling around in Pop's head.
    he has legit intel from the Hawks FO. He called the Doncic for Trae Young trade hours before it went down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray may never be at a better trade value. He is great indivdually at many different things but for some reason that does not translate to making everyone else around him better. Get three number one picks, make the move, and trial by fire for Primo.

Thread Information