Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Harris confirmed its been resurrected with Gallo. Is that the 1st confirmation from our side?
    I’ve not lived in SA in a while. How plugged in is Harris these days?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of those pics sound lottery bound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't make sense if Spurs letting the league known that they're prepping for 2023 NBA Draft, other teams will:

1. probably asking more now once the Spurs are looking to trade their players for a 2023 pick/s
    2. be hesitant to making a trade with Spurs because of how they're interested unless that team looking to trade is really desperate
    3. make a run or be intrigued with 2023 Draft Class as well

This is assuming if the reports or rumors are true.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah right Atlanta with DJ and Trae Young will get us a top 6 pick
    I didn't say that...I said it'd give us a shot to get into the mid to late lottery. DJ isn't elevating that team unless they can add another player to he and Trae...maybe they can but wouldn't have much left to offer after they acquire DJ...

A trade that gives NY cap space for their unprotected 1st will still require assets from Atlanta + some of our cap space to get it done...so if we end up with the NY and Atl unprotected picks for 2023 along with a couple protected future firsts from Atlanta is a good deal for this franchise. It give us an opportunity to create a championship window down the road and we don't have a pathway to get there as presently constructed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I’m a Knick fan I would be absolutely distraught that my team is pursuing Brunson over DJM right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No clue..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd really like to hear timvp's take...his sources have been good as of late..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say that...I said it'd give us a shot to get into the mid to late lottery. DJ isn't elevating that team unless they can add another player to he and Trae...maybe they can but wouldn't have much left to offer after they acquire DJ...

A trade that gives NY cap space for their unprotected 1st will still require assets from Atlanta + some of our cap space to get it done...so if we end up with the NY and Atl unprotected picks for 2023 along with a couple protected future firsts from Atlanta is a good deal for this franchise. It give us an opportunity to create a championship window down the road and we don't have a pathway to get there as presently constructed.
    what do you want to do with mid lottery picks? I thought we need a franchise player in the top 6? It would not even be guaranteed that the Spurs get into the top 6 unless they tank on purpose

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I’m a Knick fan I would be absolutely distraught that my team is pursuing Brunson over DJM right now.
    Totally agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way this level headed overly pragmatic front office attempts to stock pile picks believing that they can will their way to the 1st pick.

No amount of draft capital will be enough to trade for that 1st pick either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do you want to do with mid lottery picks? I thought we need a franchise player in the top 6? It would not even be guaranteed that the Spurs get into the top 6 unless they tank on purpose
    Mid lottery picks just increase your chance of getting a high pick because you have more balls in the lottery... that plus our own pick would give us a decent chance to move one of them up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yea that sounds re ed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way this level headed overly pragmatic front office attempts to stock pile picks believing that they can will their way to the 1st pick.

No amount of draft capital will be enough to trade for that 1st pick either.
    Not one person is talking about trading for the #1 pick after the lottery....it's all about increasing our chances of drawing the #1 pick in the lottery..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right? I mean I’m not completely against trading DJ but Gallo + picks is a joke to me.
    If anyone recalls, I said on draft night that given the following information: <<PATFO wants Primo running point, we drafted 2 more guards, both ball heavy in the FIRST round, and the #9 pick is also extremely efficient running the offense and ball handling at the top of the key>>

that this team was setting itself up for multiple trades or transactions at the guard position, including likely Murray.

Yet, I was told repeatedly that everything was copacetic and we were fine having like 8 guards on the roster because some would play wing. Yet neither one of the new draftees is above 6'5" in shoes. Well, although nothing has happened yet, but my intuition is looking to be right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it. I'm sure Spurs have talked to DJ and probably got his input. They know they are not near contending and probably asked him if he wanted to continue on or be traded with a chance to compete. I don't think they'd cut ties just because he got emotional during a game
    What are the incidents that people have mentioned? I don't remember them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its confirmation that there’s Twitter buzz. I believe there was a conversation on draft day. I don’t believe this current .

At least that Matthew guy checked that dude a little.
    Seriously.

That screams of twitter fingers thinking Pop still has full control on his way out. There was a time that may have been the case and even at that time it wouldn’t be made public that Pop was sitting there contemplating a stamp of approval.

Sounds like pure speculation from someone with no real insight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks would have to give up assets to get Murray while they can sign Brunson after their draft night trades becomes official.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not one person is talking about trading for the #1 pick after the lottery....it's all about increasing our chances of drawing the #1 pick in the lottery..
    Our FO has never shown an inkling to trade proven all star talent for better “odds”.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, how come we only have one minutes to do edits on the message board?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our FO has never shown an inkling to trade proven all star talent for better “odds”.
    Our FO has never been in a position where their best player simultaneously has real value and an inability to take this team to a championship level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our FO has never been in a position where their best player simultaneously has real value and an inability to take this team to a championship level.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is absurdly putting everything on DJ’s shoulders as if the players around him has no bearing on whether the team is successful or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One major detail that I dont think people have mentioned is the hawks new GM is Landry Fields who was a scout and I think GM for the Austin Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be such an anti-Spur move that I would be shocked if it goes through.

If the Spurs trade Murray it will be to go into a full blown rebuild. Where does Pop fit in that? I don't see the old man accepting to keep working just to lose on purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really DJ’s fault the FO hasn’t surrounded him with better players. DJ could is a leader and do it all player perfect for the as the 2nd or 3rd option in a more talented team. Get him more talent.

Thread Information