what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Good stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great move by Wright. I think he will try to convert that one into a low first as well
    Lakers will be cleaning house next offseaskn and LBJ could be done. Might be in the 30s again.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Smith will be an expensive 3pt chucker in an already uncoordinated Rockets line-up. And you put Eason in the middle of it? Ka-pow
    Stop it

The Rockets have improved

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They come in 3’s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers 2nd rounder is probably better than the grizzlies 2nd. But unless I'm mistaken the Spurs will be the only team to make a draft day or draft eve trade where they received money. Too bad they aren't doing the Utah summer league, at least this trade could have financed it
    ATL traded 44 for 50+ and 2 mil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst offensively in the top 10.

Spurs at 9 were in a tough draft spot in this draft and had to settle for a one way player - defensive player.
    remember how angry you were when we won in 2014?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan’s offensive game the more you watch it mirrors a Boris Diaw. A more athletic Boris Diaw with top 5 potential defense, how is that a bad thing again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan’s offensive game the more you watch it mirrors a Boris Diaw. A more athletic Boris Diaw with top 5 potential defense, how is that a bad thing again?
    He doesn't catch crazy lobs or shoot half court shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't catch crazy lobs or shoot half court shots.
    Ha. But still. A more athletic prime Diaw with good defense? I mean come on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha. But still. A more athletic prime Diaw with good defense? I mean come on.
    The one's who have a problem with Sochan are the ones who want Poeltl jettisoned at all costs, also for those same reasons tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think some pay attention to his "old man" post up game ability and knows how to finish at the basket.

Oh and I think Chip can work with this:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see it as more solid than spectacular, but probably about as good as could be expected . . .

Sochan: I'm fine given the lack of an obvious option + what happened later, but the fact that he's a true four probably has people overvaluing this pick. The reality is, if he can't become a credible 3-point threat, then he's most likely destined to be a third big and either way, he'll need to be paired with a floor spacing rim protector, which isn't easy to find.

Branham: Saved this draft by allowing them to probably get as good or better shot creation available at 9 at 20. Even though he's another low volume 3 point shooter who lacks explosiveness, he's efficient and might have the highest offensive upside on the roster (which says more about it's current state granted, but still).

Wesley: Probably a high probability to bust, but the intriguing physical tools also give a higher ceiling than a typical pick in this range and again, there wasn't another obvious option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris was way more athletic than Sochan. What is this ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get me wrong, I like the pick, but WTF are you smoking. You think Sochan can max a vertical jump tester in flip-flops? Boris was never a driven baller, but let's not BS about unathletic. I mean, Boris was putting up some fairly stiff resistance against 2014 Lebron, while carrying what I figure was a good 30+ excess pounds...

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A PF that can’t shoot is almost unplayable in the NBA these days. Seems like another role player on a team full of role players. If they’re not all the way in on tanking next season, this draft is probably a bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one's who have a problem with Sochan are the ones who want Poeltl jettisoned at all costs, also for those same reasons tbh.
    I’m ok with upgrading Poeltl to Ayton. Just to get rid of him though? Nah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think some pay attention to his "old man" post up game ability and knows how to finish at the basket.

Oh and I think Chip can work with this:

Yeah he’s 19, you can fix that easily. It’s not far off either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get me wrong, I like the pick, but WTF are you smoking. You think Sochan can max a vertical jump tester in flip-flops? Boris was never a driven baller, but let's not BS about unathletic. I mean, Boris was putting up some fairly stiff resistance against 2014 Lebron, while carrying what I figure was a good 30+ excess pounds...

In game athleticism is always my barometer vs some test he did to prove something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A PF that can’t shoot is almost unplayable in the NBA these days. Seems like another role player on a team full of role players. If they’re not all the way in on tanking next season, this draft is probably a bust.
    Lol kids 19. BUST!!!! Clown ass takes on this forum today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m ok with upgrading Poeltl to Ayton. Just to get rid of him though? Nah
    Same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ stop complaining Spurs players, they’re all their individual selves. I didn’t know Sochan played some PG position, which is great. Sochan is not just a point forward. He actually played point guard. And that’s what you can see his offensive game will improve more, becoming a facilitator on top and spacing our slashers for cuts or take his defender to the whole. I really want that part of him and I hope the coaching staff maximize that. He might be able to command double, triple team dribble penetrate, and create open shots. Good stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who should have they had drafted? lmao. He has one weakness right now and thats shooting which is fixable. he's damn good at everything else and can guard 4 positions maybe even 5. He's already the one of the best defender on this team if not the best out the box, and has a great feel for the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he’s 19, you can fix that easily. It’s not far off either.
    Not true. It's going to be an uphill battle for him to become a credible enough threat for the defense to respect him.

This idea that because of S bag, to a lesser extent Parker and probably Johnson, that Engelland is some miracle worker, is nonsense. Most guys they've drafted topped out around expected, if not worse in terms of range (specifically 3-point) shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dubs just won the chip starting a PF who can't shoot for

Thread Information