Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Word is that the NYK are clearing salary to go for Jalen Brunson, who also has relatives in the FO. It weakens Dallas, so, whatever. I don't know if the Spurs will deal with that franchise, though.
    At one time the NYK front office was bitter about the Spurs alleging they tampered with Porzingus but those guys are no longer around other than Dolan and I don't think Thibs would have any issue dealing with SA if he can help himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumors front office wants to force Primo to push down to PG

Something like this going into Free Agency

Murray/Jones/Primo
    Vassell/Branham20/Wesley25
    McDermott/Richardson/Langford
    Johnson/Sochan9/KBD
    Poeltl/Zollins/Lansdale
    This is the first realistic roster lineup that I've seen, minus having Johnson still playing the 4. This team cannot succeed with Johnson playing primarily inside the arc nor having to defend guys often 3 or 4 inches taller than himself, which means he's playing out of position.

On that point, look at the idiocy it creates. Even if they somehow figure out a way to move McDermott, you've got Primo still being the 3rd team!?!? Yet he's your future PG?!?

Primo is a wing too, and always will be. So that means you've got a glut there in reality.

I appreciate you putting Vassell at the two though because his game flourishes when he's not relegated to purely offball duties. We needed a 4 and 5 at 25 before we needed a 2 or 3.

There are players that will almost never see the court like Langford yet he's precisely the kind of young player that needs court time.

It's just highly questionable to take yet another guard that won't see the court on SA for maybe 2 years, imo. And Primo just doesn't make any sense how they have him slotted.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m curious who we are letting go. Gonna have to be some moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best part about Sochan is him pushing Keldon Johnson down to SF but I don't think Sochan will immediately get the start at PF day one so until he's ready I wonder if you'll see KJ still at the 4 until Sochan can take the reins unfortunately.

Barring of course any free agency moves. JRich seems expendable now and if he could bring back a big, preferably a starting PF though not sure who, that would ideal

Murray/Jones/Primo
    Johnson/McDermott/Langford
    Free Agent?/Sochan9/KBD
    Poeltl/Zollins/Lansdale

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the rumors of clearing flexibility for a bid on Ayton. Some talk of sign and trade for Poeltl though I haven't ran it through trade machines tbh.

Would still try to offload JRich for future draft capital without much salary returns though not sure if that's possible. Maybe have room to rent space and still bring Ayton on. Could see free agency moves on the horizon possibly for SA.

Murray/Jones/Primo
    Sochan9/KBD
    Ayton/Zollins/Lansdale

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo would compete with Jones for second string PG but he would also likely be no worse than 2nd string SG behind Vassell at least for the first half of the season as it's hard to imagine a meteoric enough rise from Branham/Wesley to jump Primo at SG.

So Primo has a ton of room to earn a role but some healthy compe ion will only make the Spurs better and it's Primos mins to lose

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With so many guards the position les almost seem meaningless. Sochan will probably play “center” for all we know, and will probably have to to get time for the stable of guards. Trading Yak and JRich makes sense, but it can’t be for more 6’4” guys. Then again, JRich really helps the team. Basically we are rotating through guards it seems like until we figure out who is worth a second contract, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he'll be OK and fills a need at PF, but yeah not a game changer and spurs will need to make a splash in this offseason if they really want to seriously improve the team. He's more of a good role, B/C player than anything.
    Respectfully disagree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Smith will be an expensive 3pt chucker in an already uncoordinated Rockets line-up. And you put Eason in the middle of it? Ka-pow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure if already posted Chinook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That could be a high pick in the early 30s if they continue their collapse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Interesting, at the very least should be a bit lower than Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya definitely better than MEM pick so makes me feel a *little* better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very significant. That should be a pretty good pick -- wasn't this pick they traded the LAL's, too? So basically they punted an unneeded pick this year to next year(plus money). That's excellent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the rumors of clearing flexibility for a bid on Ayton. Some talk of sign and trade for Poeltl though I haven't ran it through trade machines tbh.

Would still try to offload JRich for future draft capital without much salary returns though not sure if that's possible. Maybe have room to rent space and still bring Ayton on. Could see free agency moves on the horizon possibly for SA.

Murray/Jones/Primo
    Sochan9/KBD
    Ayton/Zollins/Lansdale
    A Poeltl / Ayton sign and trade makes a lot of sense, and the Spurs can do it with cap room AND give Phoenix a trade exception.

Not sure how consideration would work, as SA can sign Ayton outright if renouncing Walker and doing other things. But a replacement in Poeltl who may be a better fit on a cheap contract for a cheap owner PLUS a trade exception may be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice find DP - definitely makes the trade more understandable and I agree it should net us a higher pick then 38. Go Flakers. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too lazy to look it up but won't Lebron and Russ be off the books in LA for the 23/24 season? If so, the Lakers should be able to put together something compe ive via free agency by then no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very significant. That should be a pretty good pick -- wasn't this pick they traded the LAL's, too? So basically they punted an unneeded pick this year to next year(plus money). That's excellent.
    Especially if they intend to invest in Barlowe, which they surely wouldn't have been able to do with yet another rookie. If that's the case, it removes my only objection from the draft last night (a very minor one).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Perk chuckling in the background with the “chip on my shoulder” coming to Houston speech at 1:18 . I mean I feel for the guy expecting to get drafted #1 and slipping to #3 instead. But with Rockets chucking 3’s, I don’t know

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers 2nd rounder is probably better than the grizzlies 2nd. But unless I'm mistaken the Spurs will be the only team to make a draft day or draft eve trade where they received money. Too bad they aren't doing the Utah summer league, at least this trade could have financed it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

great move by Wright. I think he will try to convert that one into a low first as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers 2nd rounder is probably better than the grizzlies 2nd. But unless I'm mistaken the Spurs will be the only team to make a draft day or draft eve trade where they received money. Too bad they aren't doing the Utah summer league, at least this trade could have financed it
    The Lakers bought the 35th pick from Orlando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Perk chuckling in the background with the “chip on my shoulder” coming to Houston speech at 1:18 . I mean I feel for the guy expecting to get drafted #1 and slipping to #3 instead. But with Rockets chucking 3’s, I don’t know

Perk is a Rockets fan and he likes Jabari’s demeanour. So do I.

Thread Information