Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Reporter: Is it fair to say that, when you have 3 picks in the first round, with a franchise that is still kind of rebuilding, that you want to take some swings, gambling more on the ceiling than the floor?
    - BW: Sure, absolutely, BUT WE DON'T WANT TO GAMBLE ON THE CHARACTER, AND WE DON'T WANT TO GAMBLE ON THE THINGS THAT WE IDENTIFY AS IMPORTANT TO OUR ORGANIZATION AND HOW WE GROW, and so with these 3 guys we don't think we did that at all, we think we hit that part, but also with room to grow.

Translation: Sharpe was never an option. Sorry rascal...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dubs just won the chip starting a PF who can't shoot for
    Unique situation on many levels and Green can credibly play small ball five.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris was way more athletic than Sochan. What is this ?
    I just assumed he was referring to Fat Diaw and not uber-athletic rook Diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone want to talk about how things went a little nuts with mocks at the end?

1. Some big mocks suddenly veered from Duren-heavy to the Spurs picking Dieng. Whether this came from the AppleWatch fiasco or a crazed sense of groupthink, a lot of people thought the pick was Dieng. Rumors of a promise.

2. Givony (ESPN) and Tankathon both suddenly claiming the Spurs would take Shaeden Sharpe.

The first caused a lot of consternation on the board. Turned out, of course, OKC crazily gave three picks to ensure they got him instead. I can understand the Spurs taking Dieng, but how professionals even thought they'd take Sharpe is beyond me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris was way more athletic than Sochan. What is this ?
    think he's talking about spurs boris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think offensively you're kinda shooting for ak47 and hoping for draymond

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think offensively you're kinda shooting for ak47 and hoping for draymond
    He's more Draymond than AK47, in that his biggest strength comes from his intelligence, not his length. He's still long, longer than Draymond (quite a bit).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think he's talking about spurs boris
    While I'd say Sochan is more agile than Diaw, I'm not sure he was more athletic. I'm pretty sure Boris could still outjump him, and his coordination for his size was still excellent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bills Simmons and Ryan Russillo said Sochan reminds them of Shawn Marion, not a bad comp imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I'd say Sochan is more agile than Diaw, I'm not sure he was more athletic. I'm pretty sure Boris could still outjump him, and his coordination for his size was still excellent.
    could bobcats/hornets diaw even jump tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bills Simmons and Ryan Russillo said Sochan reminds them of Shawn Marion, not a bad comp imo.
    was a common comp for kawhi as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah... he's much smarter and his impact is much less predicated on athleticism. Marion's impact on the stat sheet was much greater than on actual games, and the opposite is true for Sochan.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's more Draymond than AK47, in that his biggest strength comes from his intelligence, not his length. He's still long, longer than Draymond (quite a bit).
    I think Draymond is the best comparison as far as active players go. But Draymond is super long, he's only 6'6 without shoes but measured with a ridiculous 8'11 standing reach and 7'2-7'3 wingspan. He's got no neck and extremely long arms which allows him to effectively play as big as most 6'9 players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Draymond is the best comparison as far as active players go. But Draymond is super long, he's only 6'6 without shoes but measured with a ridiculous 8'11 standing reach and 7'2-7'3 wingspan. He's got no neck and extremely long arms which allows him to effectively play as big as most 6'9 players.
    Draymond is 6'5.75" without shoes, his standing reach is 8'9", and his wingspan is 7'1.25". There are no official measurements for Sochan, but he's supposedly 6'9" with a 7' wingspan.
    https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...onYear=2012-13

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Reporter: Is it fair to say that, when you have 3 picks in the first round, with a franchise that is still kind of rebuilding, that you want to take some swings, gambling more on the ceiling than the floor?
    - BW: Sure, absolutely, BUT WE DON'T WANT TO GAMBLE ON THE CHARACTER, AND WE DON'T WANT TO GAMBLE ON THE THINGS THAT WE IDENTIFY AS IMPORTANT TO OUR ORGANIZATION AND HOW WE GROW, and so with these 3 guys we don't think we did that at all, we think we hit that part, but also with room to grow.

Translation: Sharpe was never an option. Sorry rascal...
    Disagree He said he wants to draft best player available and sharpe is better than Sochan. If any of the top seven players were on the board at 9 they draft that player instead of Sochan.

Lillard was at Sharpe's workout with Portland and gave the oK for Portland to draft him. Portland was ready to trade that pick but Dame was impressed by Sharpe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lillard was at Sharpe's workout with Portland and gave the oK for Portland to draft him. Portland was ready to trade that pick but Dame was impressed by Sharpe.
    Going by his interviews, I'd be surprised if Sharpe knew who Lillard was

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond is 6'5.75" without shoes, his standing reach is 8'9", and his wingspan is 7'1.25". There are no official measurements for Sochan, but he's supposedly 6'9" with a 7' wingspan.
    https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...onYear=2012-13
    Oh my mistake. I was sure Draymonds reach was 8'11. An 8'9 standing reach is more big SF than it is PF.

Thanks for clarifying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my mistake. I was sure Draymonds reach was 8'11. An 8'9 standing reach is more big SF than it is PF.

Thanks for clarifying.
    You're right in that he plays bigger than his height anyways. But Sochan should be bigger than him still.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dubs just won the chip starting a PF who can't shoot for
    Is this a joke? Who on the spurs is playing the Steph Curry role? Very interested

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who should have they had drafted? lmao. He has one weakness right now and thats shooting which is fixable. he's damn good at everything else and can guard 4 positions maybe even 5. He's already the one of the best defender on this team if not the best out the box, and has a great feel for the game.
    Shooting is fixable? Are you serious? You people are dreaming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a joke? Who on the spurs is playing the Steph Curry role? Very interested
    Bryn Forbes is a FA, tbh.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol kids 19. BUST!!!! Clown ass takes on this forum today.
    I don’t say the kid is a bust, I said the draft was a bust, depending on what they’re planning for next year. The spurs did nothing to fix their most urgent need: a player with superstar potential. If the goal is to tank next year, then ok, it’s fine to continue to collect assets like good role players on rookie contracts, hope to win the Wembayana lottery and start building from there. If the plan is to run it back with three more rookies on a very mediocre team, it will just be a wasted season and a wasted draft with the new role players that might be able to contribute to a 35 win team in a couple of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right. If you can't shoot as a baby, you will never know how to shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is a 60% FT shooter and 30% FT shooter. If he gets to 70% and 35%, he's an all star. Book it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha ha ha! What?
    Maybe Chip Engelland should be fired post haste.

Thread Information