Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have reported signed Jordan Hall, Seton Hall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes just a dude. With Sochan and others hes expendable. I dont think Sochan is going to be the project everyone thinks he will be.
    True, I just felt like he was easy to root for. One of those players that pop should’ve given more minutes to and could have been a great piece to the team.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have reported signed Jordan Hall, Seton Hall

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are some similarities...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some draft observations :

- Don't like the Banchero fit in Orlando. Apparently they didn't even have him for a workout, has this ever happened for a 1st overall pick? Did they draft him in order to force Houston to cough up assets? Very weird.
    - That said, I don't like the Jabari Smith fit in Houston too much either. Dude didn't look happy at all, it's clear he expected different.
    - Detroit obviously did well. Ivey is a good fit next to Cunningham, although I keep thinking Ivey could unlock his best level to develop into with the ball in his hands, rather than offball. I'm not a big fan of Duren but they paid 50c on the dollar for him, so credit where it's due.
    - Sacramento, I feel they could have done better trading the 4th pick if they're in a win now mode. Keegan next to Sabonis is iffy. If I'm the Spurs I'm calling them for Harrison Barnes, see if he'd be cheap.
    - I kept thinking Portland have picked Lil Shine (it's going to stick isn't it? poor sob) for another team, possibly OKC, but it seems they're keeping him. Strange, conflicting vibes from their moves.
    - NY look desperate to shed salary and collect assets for a move. If it's for a FA and not a trade then the Spurs could get them to cough up a pick or two for renting cap space ( if Spurs strike out on their desired moves, that is ).
    - It'll be so funny watching Mark Williams labor up and down the floor , should they hire D'Antoni. They're very much a run and gun team already, I thought he wasn't a great fit there.
    - Did Memphis think Denver were going to draft LaRavia? Or the Spurs? They jumped ahead of them for no apparent reason, losing a decent asset.
    - Lots of weird Grizzlies moves overall, at one point I lost any idea which picks they owned Kendrick Perkins style.
    - It'll be interesting which 2nd rounders will get roster spots and guaranteed contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/...ld-predictions

2. Which team impressed you most in this year's draft?

Borzello: It feels like this could be the answer nearly every year, but it's hard not to like what the Spurs did with their three first-rounders.

Jeremy Sochan's stock has skyrocketed in the past year, and he ended up going at No. 9. The Poland native played his entire freshman year at 18 years old and showed flashes of how high his ceiling can be. He can guard multiple positions, is comfortable taking shots from the perimeter -- despite his low shooting percentage -- and showed an ability to buy into a team culture.

The Spurs then landed two more young guards with potential in Malaki Branham and Blake Wesley. Branham earned lottery buzz early on in the draft process after a terrific second half at Ohio State, and his offensive ability should translate immediately. Wesley was inconsistent as a freshman at Notre Dame, but he's explosive and will have time to fine-tune his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JORDAN HALL needs to learn from KA mistakes when he was still here, needs to be more proactive on offense and not afraid to shoot the open shot....or else his going to end up like ka, dw ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team could only keep two two way contracts, correct?

This means Woodard and Steward aren’t coming back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some draft observations :

- Don't like the Banchero fit in Orlando. Apparently they didn't even have him for a workout, has this ever happened for a 1st overall pick? Did they draft him in order to force Houston to cough up assets? Very weird.
    - That said, I don't like the Jabari Smith fit in Houston too much either. Dude didn't look happy at all, it's clear he expected different.
    - Detroit obviously did well. Ivey is a good fit next to Cunningham, although I keep thinking Ivey could unlock his best level to develop into with the ball in his hands, rather than offball. I'm not a big fan of Duren but they paid 50c on the dollar for him, so credit where it's due.
    - Sacramento, I feel they could have done better trading the 4th pick if they're in a win now mode. Keegan next to Sabonis is iffy. If I'm the Spurs I'm calling them for Harrison Barnes, see if he'd be cheap.
    - I kept thinking Portland have picked Lil Shine (it's going to stick isn't it? poor sob) for another team, possibly OKC, but it seems they're keeping him. Strange, conflicting vibes from their moves.
    - NY look desperate to shed salary and collect assets for a move. If it's for a FA and not a trade then the Spurs could get them to cough up a pick or two for renting cap space ( if Spurs strike out on their desired moves, that is ).
    - It'll be so funny watching Mark Williams labor up and down the floor , should they hire D'Antoni. They're very much a run and gun team already, I thought he wasn't a great fit there.
    - Did Memphis think Denver were going to draft LaRavia? Or the Spurs? They jumped ahead of them for no apparent reason, losing a decent asset.
    - Lots of weird Grizzlies moves overall, at one point I lost any idea which picks they owned Kendrick Perkins style.
    - It'll be interesting which 2nd rounders will get roster spots and guaranteed contracts.
    Good stuff.

- I'm unsure about the Rockets. Their offense is chuck-first from KPJ and Green. Jabari Smith projects as an expensive if high-end role player, so that works, and Sengun is a poor defender so he helps. Eason adds to the chaos of trying to play team basketball but I like the TyTy Washington pick a good deal. That was smart.
    - Amazing that CHA sold Duren for so cheap.
    - And... we never hear from Keegan Murray again. He'll now be the Shareef Abdur-Raheem of his generation.
    - No effing idea what Portland is doing. Don't they need to win games now? Lil Shine won't be ready yet... or ever. Then got Procida who is... okay?
    - Word is that the NYK are clearing salary to go for Jalen Brunson, who also has relatives in the FO. It weakens Dallas, so, whatever. I don't know if the Spurs will deal with that franchise, though.
    - CHA really sucked this draft. With LaMello, they are a transition team. I don't object to M. Williams over Duren, but they didn't get anything for the Memphis big.
    - Denver sucked, too. Christian Braun should have been Blake Wesley. They drafted Peyton Watson, who sucked last year, absolutely sucked, and then Kamagate, who I doubt will be very good.
    - Memphis... I also don't get rushing to get LaRavia. Roddy? I don't see it. Vince Williams might be good, Kennedy Chandler might be a steal for them.
    - I don't understand trading three (three!) picks for Ousmane Dieng. I'm not low on him and those FRP are restricted, but he's not worth it. I like Holmgren, Jalen Williams adds grit, Jaylin Williams may have been undervalued, but they seem like a soft, finesse team that still won't compete much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs got Dennis Rodman, Seth Curry and possibly a Bradley Beal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright had a good night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These pick show to me that Lonnie Walker is gone. Poodle isn’t being traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought CHA was poised to take Duren and Eason, a deadly combo, but wound up with only Mark Williams instead? Lol I said last night I thought mj lost a golf game bet or something lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver, holy

Basically got a white boy Bryn Forbes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I believe it does..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DET woke up overnight wow

Cade/Ivey/Duren is impressive regardless of fit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumors front office wants to force Primo to push down to PG

Something like this going into Free Agency

Murray/Jones/Primo
    Vassell/Branham20/Wesley25
    McDermott/Richardson/Langford
    Johnson/Sochan9/KBD
    Poeltl/Zollins/Lansdale

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff.

- I'm unsure about the Rockets. Their offense is chuck-first from KPJ and Green. Jabari Smith projects as an expensive if high-end role player, so that works, and Sengun is a poor defender so he helps. Eason adds to the chaos of trying to play team basketball but I like the TyTy Washington pick a good deal. That was smart.
    - Amazing that CHA sold Duren for so cheap.
    - And... we never hear from Keegan Murray again. He'll now be the Shareef Abdur-Raheem of his generation.
    - No effing idea what Portland is doing. Don't they need to win games now? Lil Shine won't be ready yet... or ever. Then got Procida who is... okay?
    - Word is that the NYK are clearing salary to go for Jalen Brunson, who also has relatives in the FO. It weakens Dallas, so, whatever. I don't know if the Spurs will deal with that franchise, though.
    - CHA really sucked this draft. With LaMello, they are a transition team. I don't object to M. Williams over Duren, but they didn't get anything for the Memphis big.
    - Denver sucked, too. Christian Braun should have been Blake Wesley. They drafted Peyton Watson, who sucked last year, absolutely sucked, and then Kamagate, who I doubt will be very good.
    - Memphis... I also don't get rushing to get LaRavia. Roddy? I don't see it. Vince Williams might be good, Kennedy Chandler might be a steal for them.
    - I don't understand trading three (three!) picks for Ousmane Dieng. I'm not low on him and those FRP are restricted, but he's not worth it. I like Holmgren, Jalen Williams adds grit, Jaylin Williams may have been undervalued, but they seem like a soft, finesse team that still won't compete much.
    I thought Porcida ended up in Detroit (which makes alot more sense than Portland) ... is that not the case?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumors front office wants to force Primo to push down to PG

Something like this going into Free Agency

Murray/Jones/Primo
    Vassell/Branham20/Wesley25
    McDermott/Richardson/Langford
    Johnson/Sochan9/KBD
    Poeltl/Zollins/Lansdale
    doubt those rumors are true. Primo doesnt have the foot speed yet to keep up with point guards. His specialty is being able to guard wings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "LSU’s Darius Days has agreed to a deal with the San Antonio Spurs"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Camp deals?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it either re: Primo as a PG

Primo was a turnover machine last season, would just chuck the ball upcourt in offensive transition and throw interceptions constantly.

I kinda believe the rumors though because Spurs need another ball handler.

That's why I kinda wanted that Kennedy Chandler 38 pick because some depth at PG is another looming issue, what if anything happens to Murray/Jones and last year we were trying Walker in stretches, it's pretty bad lol.

I could see Primo settling down and carving out a little role situationally at least. But I agree, Primo looks out of his comfort zone as a ball handler last year for sure, hope he can develop because it ruined his confidence last year evidently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On one site I was looking at it looked like Barlow got a 2way and the other kid just got a camp/SL deal...so we still have one 2way open...we could keep Woodard or maybe go for someone like Butler who's apparently still on the market..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes just a dude. With Sochan and others hes expendable. I dont think Sochan is going to be the project everyone thinks he will be.
    I think he'll be OK and fills a need at PF, but yeah not a game changer and spurs will need to make a splash in this offseason if they really want to seriously improve the team. He's more of a good role, B/C player than anything.

Thread Information