Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I remember that!
    And I also get the "not becoming of a professional chess player" as these guys are supposed to be able to shrug off what happened and get right back into the present unfazed. Part of their rating is consistency and being able to overcome screw ups. There is a Chinese guy in this tourney that got into a really difficult situation and got a draw out of it. His opponent and the analyzers said he did a fantastic job getting a draw. This was after he had a player in a very difficult position and failed to close him out. So he made an outstanding recovery AFTER playing a bad game. And was greatly admired for it. Seems the chess world really likes the Chinese guy. I am not sure why.

I think they need to change the name of this event into something like "the winner of this gets to play the world champion"

only more dramatic.
    yeah that was Ding Liren who defended his position perfectly. his opponent was very well prepared and blitzed out something like 20+ moves without expending any time because those were lines he had specifically studied and prepared prior to the match. Ding had to spend a considerable amount of time (i think he was down about an hour on the clock) but basically played the optimal engine move every turn and the game wound down into a draw.

the actual gameplay is well above my head, but when i follow the analysis i'm at least able to make sense of things after the fact.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

My objection is that god doesnt exist nor is there any proof that god exists. this ty video doesnt ANSWER anything aside from reaffirming that OP is a low IQ jeebo

Thread Information