San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't start a lot of threads but this is a good one
    Counterpoint: It's not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That little wokester got so thoroughly destroyed libs don't want to talk about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That little wokester got so thoroughly destroyed libs don't want to talk about it
    They posted emojis not 5 minutes after I posted. They didn't even watch it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turek does not believe evolution occurs.
    He believes species do change over time, but not enough that speciation actually occurs.
    The change is species is also designed by a designer. And he thinks this IS science. Its not. No creating designers in science. You simply say. "I dont know". Which is very difficult for Christians and why they get themselves into trouble is so many discussions. His takes on the universe are all basically correct except again he states there must be a designer. Thats fine, but its not science. Which does not mean he is wrong. But has jumped over to religion and philosophy. So why go into this huge scientific presentation and then bail out? They are different pursuits?

So it was best when he debated Christopher Hitchens that he stayed on the morality thing. He got slaughtered on the creation evolution stuff.

Take a read below.
    Chris: Get back to the board and discuss what in it upholds "your" side of the morality issue.
    It deals with the morality thing.

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/d...98/rsos.170441

I wish we all could have a little guy in the corner looking up at the debate nodding knowingly and "uhmmmmmming" as in "yes indeed."
    Snake you to have a go at it as well. Help your brother.

uhmmmmmmm....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now lets watch Chris bail when he accuses others of doing so with emojis.
    The same guy who argues in the Ukraine discussion with a picture of Putin and thumbs up? Blind Hypocrite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turek does not believe evolution occurs.
    He believes species do change over time, but not enough that speciation actually occurs.
    The change is species is also designed by a designer. And he thinks this IS science. Its not. No creating designers in science. You simply say. "I dont know". Which is very difficult for Christians and why they get themselves into trouble is so many discussions. His takes on the universe are all basically correct except again he states there must be a designer. Thats fine, but its not science. Which does not mean he is wrong. But has jumped over to religion and philosophy. So why go into this huge scientific presentation and then bail out? They are different pursuits?

So it was best when he debated Christopher Hitchens that he stayed on the morality thing. He got slaughtered on the creation evolution stuff.

Take a read below.
    Chris: Get back to the board and discuss what in it upholds "your" side of the morality issue.
    It deals with the morality thing.

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/d...98/rsos.170441

I wish we all could have a little guy in the corner looking up at the debate nodding knowingly and "uhmmmmmming" as in "yes indeed."
    Snake you to have a go at it as well. Help your brother.

uhmmmmmmm....

Qchrisy finds a way to pick the ignorant s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They posted emojis not 5 minutes after I posted. They didn't even watch it.
    Lol they didn't watch muh YouTube

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone translate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone translate?
    Basically "intelligent design" is not science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone translate?
    Bottom line:

The guy gets wacked when he introduces a designer fkn dumbass.

Next: Read the article I put up on his first discussion about morality. You know, the first question the kid asked in the video you put up and YOU watched so closely. The article I put up actually has elements in it in which the writer agrees and disagrees with the video YOU WATCHED SO CLOSELY.

So, point out these elements of argument to the board.
    You won’t, because YOU don’t really understand wtf YOU put up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now lets watch Chris bail when he accuses others of doing so with emojis.
    The same guy who argues in the Ukraine discussion with a picture of Putin and thumbs up? Blind Hypocrite
    Now do you understand this?
    Do you know what hypocrisy is?

Dumbass…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My best guess is that we're not capable of understanding the universe and how it came into existence. Just like you'll never be able to teach a dog calculus. As humans, we think we're the smartest beings in the world and capable of "getting it" as long as it's explained properly. I don't know if that's the case. The two biggest questions I have are 1) what's the beginning? And as a human, my next question is, "well what was before that?". Then 2) where's the end of the universe? For both questions, I don't think science can fully explain either to me. And I think it's because we don't have the ability to process it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My best guess is that we're not capable of understanding the universe and how it came into existence. Just like you'll never be able to teach a dog calculus. As humans, we think we're the smartest beings in the world and capable of "getting it" as long as it's explained properly. I don't know if that's the case. The two biggest questions I have are 1) what's the beginning? And as a human, my next question is, "well what was before that?". Then 2) where's the end of the universe? For both questions, I don't think science can fully explain either to me. And I think it's because we don't have the ability to process it.
    I think we can safely rule out Bible God being the creator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we can safely rule out Bible God being the creator.
    Yeah...that wasn't my point. I'm with you there. I just don't think we can rule out something out there being smarter than we are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...that wasn't my point. I'm with you there. I just don't think we can rule out something out there being smarter than we are.
    If someone designed life on this planet they either suck at it or just messing around with it.

And then going off of your question of "what was before that?" then you'd ask ", who created the designer of this planet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im pretty sure we have solid estimates about the size of the universe (in response to your question of where's the end). its with that information (along with rates of expansion, etc) we were able to work backwards and get a timeline on the big bang

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If someone designed life on this planet they either suck at it or just messing around with it.

And then going off of your question of "what was before that?" then you'd ask ", who created the designer of this planet?
    I don't know if it's "someone" or "something" or just some handful of equations that governs everything. And yes...I'd continually ask, "well what was before that?".
    Do you have the capability to grasp something starting from nothing? Or do you just accept it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im pretty sure we have solid estimates about the size of the universe (in response to your question of where's the end). its with that information (along with rates of expansion, etc) we were able to work backwards and get a timeline on the big bang
    So what was there before the Big Bang?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what was there before the Big Bang?
    thats a different question. i was specifically addressing "where does the universe end"

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May not necessarily be smarter. Entire microcivilizations can be born from someone leaving a half eaten Big Mac near a creek.

Thread Information