Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lavine may not be a true #1 (I'll admit that) but he's much better than Ayton. Lavine improves our ceiling and Ayton doesn't.
    Team defense and rebounding way better with Ayton vs Levine.
    Ayton stuck with cancers and muh touches CPO and Kardashian.

Levine will get injured again. Book it.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Man, y’all couldn’t simply max Ayton and now he’s gonna be on the Utah ing Jazz.

I was willing to sell my soul to watch him on the Spurs.

But if I’m willingly supporting Utah.

Damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, y’all couldn’t simply max Ayton and now he’s gonna be on the Utah ing Jazz.

Damn
    Y'all couldn't max Ayton either. Lol.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Y'all couldn't max Ayton either. Lol.
    We coulda, but cheapskate Sarver…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imho if DAY won't come here is just because of bad feedback from Monty... otherwise he has all the tools needed for being considered a strong first step on a rebuilding project... Young enough, skilled enough, not that terrible salary for a (possible) 5 year time period...

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Imho if DAY won't come here is just because of bad feedback from Monty... otherwise he has all the tools needed for being considered a strong first step on a rebuilding project... Young enough, skilled enough, not that terrible salary for a (possible) 5 year time period...
    Exactly. He’s 23. End of the 4-YO max will be 2 years after the new TV Deal, and age 27, smack dab middle of peak prime.

Dude shot 60% 3-10 feet, 50% 10-12 feet, 45% 13-20+ feet, 37% from range. Last two were on limited attempts, but he’s a 75% FT shooter. He has the form and the touch.

He shot over 50% on his baseline jumper, his mid-range floater, his baby hook, and his no-dribble elbow spot up.

He shoots 80% around the rim despite not being an excessive dunker and using lots of layups, or tip-hits.

He’s athletic enough to have a 35+ Vertical, and fluid and agile enough to defend the 2nd most court space in the league, switching onto big wings and guards at times.

He has competed for 10-11 rebounds per game.

And he does all this without fouling.

Give that man a coach and system that will feature him and let him try and fail and try and learn and try and succeed without looking over his shoulder and he’s gonna be a monster.

Look at his percentages and his usage.

And he did the percentages before Paul. Even before Rubio.

He’s legit. Suns are ing morons for treating him like they did, but they don’t give a hit because they gonna get Durant (maybe).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn
    We tanking

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As it drags on it becomes more likely for Ayton to stay with the Suns below Max contract. RFA seems to be working more against the players as the teams do not want uncertainty in waiting on RFA but rather sign UFA to ensure they do not end up left hanging.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    That’s even better. Ayton isn’t so good he’s gonna win you games next year. Committing to him for a few years probably causes losses more than wins.

But his upside is immense, and he never got that level of commitment from the Suns. Even in his rookie year it was widely known Igor was handcuffing him to maximize impact. His rookie usage was highest of career. He’s never had his development years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s even better. Ayton isn’t so good he’s gonna win you games next year. Committing to him for a few years probably causes losses more than wins.

But his upside is immense, and he never got that level of commitment from the Suns. Even in his rookie year it was widely known Igor was handcuffing him to maximize impact. His rookie usage was highest of career. He’s never had his development years.
    That's my same wiew... Maybe we both are wrong but frankly it seems to me, barring Monty bad feedback, a perfect situation for improving also while losing (if not tanking...)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are prioritizing picks right now, getting as much FRP’s from all these big deals that are looming. It’s bad timing but Spurs would’ve taken a chance any other year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10773705[/URL]]Spurs are prioritizing picks right now, getting as much FRP’s from all these big deals that are looming. It’s bad timing but Spurs would’ve taken a chance any other year.

Ayton is a young #1 pick, I don’t see the need of avoiding potential All Stars in a rebuild. I would offer him the max just to bend over the Suns again. They’ll probably match it and lose their chance of getting KD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing Ayton is like drafting a number one or two pick. Spurs just being silly. Like the above poster said he would be in his prime if any of these blindfolded darts we throwing hit. I will say this 100 times I'd be nervous this isn't big market Philly or NY etc. Best be careful because if you don't rebuild it and quick and you get stuck I'm Sacramento king land or okc land Charlotte etc. Fans may not be as supportive and owners pockets may take a hit. Then they will say "well it's in the best interest to move the spurs as fan support has dwindled" so it will be fans fault lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’ve seen this line of thought from a few people and it doesn’t make sense. Why would you pay someone 30M a year if they aren’t good enough to keep you from lottery? SA was not bad with DJ but not good enough for playoffs either. They want to avoid that. So why pay 30M for someone not good enough to elevate you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont want...tank on!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine w/out Ayton. Wish him luck in Utah.
    He and Mitc might be a good pairing.
    Spurs are waiting to see where KD lands and get more picks by absorbing a hefty contract or two. Makes sense to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    makes no sense to sign Ayton if you're tanking for Wembanyama

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I’ve seen this line of thought from a few people and it doesn’t make sense. Why would you pay someone 30M a year if they aren’t good enough to keep you from lottery? SA was not bad with DJ but not good enough for playoffs either. They want to avoid that. So why pay 30M for someone not good enough to elevate you?
    Because he’s very good and needs to given freedom to make mistakes to expand his game. You do it because after 2 years or so, you’ll have a ridiculously good player on a sub-max deal because the new TV money will balloon the CAP. You’ll have multiple more years where you’ve ranked and surrounded a then-25/26 year old C, and will own Bird Rights on a player who almost never exists, let alone becomes available.

And you’ll curry a lot of favor by being the team that allowed him to develop. Again, he bent over for the Suns and did all the grunt work starting year 1. Off Ball Screens, Picks, Hard Roll, Offensive Rebounding, all the Defense in the league. Saw usage for down every year despite noticeable skills increase in types of shots, range, and touch.

You sign him because you need to hit a minimum salary threshold, and what better way than roll the dice on a player highly ranked since age 16 who has not disappointed when given the chance to grow. Just was drafted into the wrong system and acquired a ball-dominant PG who doesn’t do low post scoring via bigs.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    makes no sense to sign Ayton if you're tanking for Wembanyama
    You can play them together, even in modern NBA. And one would be guaranteed, while the other a gamble.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing Ayton is like drafting a number one or two pick. Spurs just being silly. Like the above poster said he would be in his prime if any of these blindfolded darts we throwing hit. I will say this 100 times I'd be nervous this isn't big market Philly or NY etc. Best be careful because if you don't rebuild it and quick and you get stuck I'm Sacramento king land or okc land Charlotte etc. Fans may not be as supportive and owners pockets may take a hit. Then they will say "well it's in the best interest to move the spurs as fan support has dwindled" so it will be fans fault lol

I would like the Spurs to get Ayton but even if they don't and continue suck, I doubt the team is going to move. The Hornets have been mediocre for over 20 years now, but you don't see them ever leaving Charlotte. League will open up expansion into Seattle and Las Vegas within the next few years. With those 2 markets taken up I don't see any desirable markets left for a team to move to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can play them together, even in modern NBA. And one would be guaranteed, while the other a gamble.
    yeah but Ayton would win you games. I don't want them to win this season. They should try their best to go 0-82

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    yeah but Ayton would win you games. I don't want them to win this season. They should try their best to go 0-82
    Ayton isn’t Hakeem. He isn’t single-handedly keeping you compe ive in a year he’s experimenting with his offense by trying and failing and trying and learning. He’s almost a rookie in several offensive aspects because of how under-utilized they have been by Suns. Stick him on the low block and tell him “you must take 10 post shots.” Stick him on the elbows and tell him “I need to see 10 dribble drives or jab-step jumpers.” Use him in Pick N Roll and tell him he’s jacking up 5+ 3s a game.

Use him in unique ways guaranteed to have growing pains, but that can expand his game, and with the freedom to just do it no matter, I would bet within 2 years Ayton has, at the very least, a bag of post moves and legit elbow to dead on 3-point range at a good clip on large volume. Maybe the Elbow drives develop. Dribbling been his biggest issue, but some PnR with his jumper may have D in limbo enough he can get that first dribble in and with his stride and fluidity and touch, get him in the lane with a floater or baby hook or two-dribble lay-up/dunk and who knows what player you can unlock.

Seriously. I’ve watched every game just about since high school. That this man has flashed is crazy. Needs allowance to do it and the confidence to do it frequently.

Anyways. Whatever. Really hoped Pop would come throw. He’ll never be a Duncan, but a fairly good imitation isn’t out of the realm of possibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton isn’t Hakeem. He isn’t single-handedly keeping you compe ive in a year he’s experimenting with his offense by trying and failing and trying and learning. He’s almost a rookie in several offensive aspects because of how under-utilized they have been by Suns. Stick him on the low block and tell him “you must take 10 post shots.” Stick him on the elbows and tell him “I need to see 10 dribble drives or jab-step jumpers.” Use him in Pick N Roll and tell him he’s jacking up 5+ 3s a game.

Use him in unique ways guaranteed to have growing pains, but that can expand his game, and with the freedom to just do it no matter, I would bet within 2 years Ayton has, at the very least, a bag of post moves and legit elbow to dead on 3-point range at a good clip on large volume. Maybe the Elbow drives develop. Dribbling been his biggest issue, but some PnR with his jumper may have D in limbo enough he can get that first dribble in and with his stride and fluidity and touch, get him in the lane with a floater or baby hook or two-dribble lay-up/dunk and who knows what player you can unlock.

Seriously. I’ve watched every game just about since high school. That this man has flashed is crazy. Needs allowance to do it and the confidence to do it frequently.

Anyways. Whatever. Really hoped Pop would come throw. He’ll never be a Duncan, but a fairly good imitation isn’t out of the realm of possibility.
    You're a lunatic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he’s very good and needs to given freedom to make mistakes to expand his game. You do it because after 2 years or so, you’ll have a ridiculously good player on a sub-max deal because the new TV money will balloon the CAP. You’ll have multiple more years where you’ve ranked and surrounded a then-25/26 year old C, and will own Bird Rights on a player who almost never exists, let alone becomes available.

And you’ll curry a lot of favor by being the team that allowed him to develop. Again, he bent over for the Suns and did all the grunt work starting year 1. Off Ball Screens, Picks, Hard Roll, Offensive Rebounding, all the Defense in the league. Saw usage for down every year despite noticeable skills increase in types of shots, range, and touch.

You sign him because you need to hit a minimum salary threshold, and what better way than roll the dice on a player highly ranked since age 16 who has not disappointed when given the chance to grow. Just was drafted into the wrong system and acquired a ball-dominant PG who doesn’t do low post scoring via bigs.
    You dont pay someone 30M that needs that much development still IMO…theres a reason its not just PHX passing on him…

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You dont pay someone 30M that needs that much development still IMO…theres a reason its not just PHX passing on him…
    Cool.

Thread Information