Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeremy Sochan found that voodoo in NOLA wow unbelievable to get this much versatility in one player. He's handling and distributing, defending well but not just positionally but 1-5, and scoring touch but not just one dimensional but pull up 3s (2-4) drives and creating in the paint off contact, open rolls to the basket.

This one's gonna be special. Jeremy Sochan went absolutely mental tonight, there were a few stretches where he was relentless and taking over. I'm kinda blown away. 23/9/6- Can't wait to see more develop this season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rare to have downhill speed at that size. That is why Tre classify him as a freak athlete. Ben Simmons with a jump shot maybe in a few.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure whether if today is a outlier game but his shooting is good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeremy Sochan found that voodoo in NOLA wow unbelievable to get this much versatility in one player. He's handling and distributing, defending well but not just positionally but 1-5, and scoring touch but not just one dimensional but pull up 3s (2-4) drives and creating in the paint off contact, open rolls to the basket.

This one's gonna be special. Jeremy Sochan went absolutely mental tonight, there were a few stretches where he was relentless and taking over. I'm kinda blown away. 23/9/6- Can't wait to see more develop this season.
    yeah, but we should have taken duren

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, but we should have taken duren
    guess we are stuck with our "role player"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I meant catch and shoot 3s not pull up sorry but I'm amazed at how well he hits from range when he needs cup shots for FTs

dude is an enigma

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I meant catch and shoot 3s not pull up sorry but I'm amazed at how well he hits from range when he needs cup shots for FTs

dude is an enigma
    His 3's are a little flat and I think two-handed. But he's not shying away from taking them.

But I like his bully-ball. I think that's where he will dominate more going straight to the rim, with 2nd and 3rd chances and getting to the FT line, while distributing. The 3 pts would be a bonus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

dude is an enigma
    The FTs are helping his jumper. A couple of weeks ago, he was banging 3s hard off the rim, or even the backboard. That one hand FT is curing his release problems all around. Every one of his four 3 pointers was on line with good rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed John B and ex

Fascinating to watch in real time. Chip who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think Jeremy's going to wind up one of the top players in the draft.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think Jeremy's going to wind up one of the top players in the draft.
    Still think Shaedon Sharpe will be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid has that it factor. No fear. Doesn't back down or shrink from the moment. He fails, but everyone does. His response is always strong and motivated. Thats what makes a difference. Those traits are the hardest to teach. The rest will come. Has a great work ethic and has continuously improved. Very happy with him as a lottery pick so far. His versatility at legit PF size is such a key factor in today's game. Looks like a great piece of the puzzle going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol of course you do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.tre/scoot?
    2.DV
    3.kj
    4.sprinkles
    5.YAMA?

oooooooh man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect, there are no Sochan-type players in this upcoming draft that are projected to be lottery level talent like he was. Contrast that to Sharpe where there are similar style players having equal or better talent likely available where the Spurs will pick: Amen Thompson, Cam Whitmore, Scoot, Keyonte George. The Spurs certainly got a unique player in last year’s draft, one that has blown expectations as far as to how athletic he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan the Destroyer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROOKIE with starters minutes, yet his stats are equivalent to a scrub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think who gives a F*ck as Sharpe wasn't an option at the time we were picking.

PS: "Sochan is unathletic, he has no burst"
    Last edited by Ariel; 01-12-2023 at 08:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm waiting for anyone to point out someone we should have picked over him in hindsight. These are the players we could have had instead of Sochan (listing up to 19 as players after that we could have taken with the Raptors' pick):
    10 Johnny Davis
    11 Ousmane Dieng
    12 Jalen Williams
    13 Jalen Duren
    14 Ochai Agbaji
    15 Mark Williams
    16 AJ Griffin
    17 Tari Eason
    18 Dalen Terry
    19 Jake LaRavia
    Among those I'd only consider Duren, Jalen Williams, AJ Griffin and Eason. All of them could end up valuable players, but for the first three their type is far easier to come than Sochan's, and as for Eason, I like him he's 2 years older and I'll bet on Sochan's youth and IQ. I think it's clear we made the right choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm waiting for anyone to point out someone we should have picked over him in hindsight. These are the players we could have had instead of Sochan (listing up to 19 as players after that we could have taken with the Raptors' pick):
    10 Johnny Davis
    11 Ousmane Dieng
    12 Jalen Williams
    13 Jalen Duren
    14 Ochai Agbaji
    15 Mark Williams
    16 AJ Griffin
    17 Tari Eason
    18 Dalen Terry
    19 Jake LaRavia
    Among those I'd only consider Duren, Jalen Williams, AJ Griffin and Eason. All of them could end up valuable players, but for the first three their type is far easier to come than Sochan's, and as for Eason, I like him he's 2 years older and I'll bet on Sochan's youth and IQ. I think it's clear we made the right choice.
    While Jalen Williams would’ve been a good one, Sochan was a position of need and allowed Keldon to slide to SF, supposedly help Poeltl defend the paint. Sochan has only skimmed the surface. Watch year 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 pts, 5 rbs and 2.5 ass. aint' bad for a a rookie. And he'll never really be a stat but more like glue, do it all, kind of player...

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan the Destroyer?
    This needs to stick. It’s perfect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 pts, 5 rbs and 2.5 ass. aint' bad for a a rookie. And he'll never really be a stat but more like glue, do it all, kind of player...
    Kawhi scored 7.9 ppg his rookie year. Just sayin…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is completely unique. It's weird that he picked the 10 with the colored hair -- he's extremely different from Rodman to me, almost like he's mapping a different skill set over past expectations.

One thing I like is that he seems to actually absorb lessons from his mistakes. Hopefully those ac ulate.

Thread Information