Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2322
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno, man, Sochan is already way better. He's popping like crazy.
    He isn't way better. Portland would not trade Sharpe for Sochan straight up.
    Their fans would be in an uproar if they did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't way better. Portland would not trade Sharpe for Sochan straight up.
    Their fans would be in an uproar if they did.
    They would do it so fast, your head would spin. BTW, Malaki is better than Sharpe, too.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would do it so fast, your head would spin. BTW, Malaki is better than Sharpe, too.
    No, your Spur bias is showing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, your Spur bias is showing.
    It’s a talent bias. Other players drafted after Sharpe are better, too. Jalen Duran is a fine young player, better than Sharpe, and not a Spur. AJ Griffin is better, too.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a talent bias. Other players drafted after Sharpe are better, too. Jalen Duran is a fine young player, better than Sharpe, and not a Spur. AJ Griffin is better, too.
    You aren't seeing talent if you think those guys have higher upside and are better than Sharpe.

Time will tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe is a better offensive player and that is who makes the all star teams, the top league scorers.
    Malaki is a better offensive player than Sharpe. Does that mean he'll have more All-Star appearances?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki is a better offensive player than Sharpe. Does that mean he'll have more All-Star appearances?
    Malaki is not better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki is not better.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go and ask Blazer fans and you'll see no one wants to trade Sharpe for Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're arguing over preference here. You value one dimensional athletes, you pick Sharpe. Most people here value all around, smart basketball players, we take Sochan. It was that way even before the draft, so there's no point in arguing. What I will concede is that I was extremely skeptical of Sharpe, and even though he's not the kind of player I'd build around, he's got the raw tools to keep him in the league for a long time. I don't think he'll be the superstar you're expecting, though. And in any case, I think Malaki at 20 will end up much better value than Sharpe at 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe’s most likely outcome is something along the lines of Lonnie Walker or Ben McLemore, über athletes with a nice jumper, but no feel for the game. Lonnie is in season five, and Ben lasted nine seasons, but is currently unemployed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe’s most likely outcome is something along the lines of Lonnie Walker or Ben McLemore, über athletes with a nice jumper, but no feel for the game. Lonnie is in season five, and Ben lasted nine seasons, but is currently unemployed.
    That's too harsh, but yeah, he's a disproportionately better athlete than basketball player. This is why you need to evaluate players in a compe ive, organized basketball context. There's no subs ute for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe is a mental midget. Initial reports that he dropped out of the dunk contest because he was passed over for the Rising Stars challenge were quickly covered up by the team through Shams saying he wanted to instead focus on the second half of the season. Even the most ardent Blazers' fan doesn't believe that line of BS. In Sharpe you have a prima donna that goes into pout mode when he doesn't get his way. That's a major red flag against a successful NBA career. I don't know how good Maliki will end up being but he doesn't appear to have glass ego Sharpe does.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe is a mental midget. Initial reports that he dropped out of the dunk contest because he was passed over for the Rising Stars challenge were quickly covered up by the team through Shams saying he wanted to instead focus on the second half of the season. Even the most ardent Blazers' fan doesn't believe that line of BS. In Sharpe you have a prima donna that goes into pout mode when he doesn't get his way. That's a major red flag against a successful NBA career. I don't know how good Maliki will end up being but he doesn't appear to have glass ego Sharpe does.
    Mental midgets don't play in the NBA at age 19.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren was the better pick for the Spurs instead of Sochan. Duren looks like a young David Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again stating your opinion as fact.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opinions not facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we should just make a rascal takes thread. I am putting money in the bank for the inevitable "Sharpe is a better prospect than wemby" and want to see it happen. The money is to check myself into a mental ins ution from the psychic damage of having to see such a bad take

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren was the better pick for the Spurs instead of Sochan. Duren looks like a young David Robinson.
    just stop

i also wanted duren and he isnt a bad player but please

d rob was a freak of nature and had strength, speed, athleticism, etc
    worlds beyond what duren will ever approach

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please stop

malaki might end up being ok

But he is so far- pretty ing below average and needs to work on his long range shooting

he IS better than that other scrub- wesley something or other- but please stop making him out to be anything other than a below avgg rookie

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just stop

i also wanted duren and he isnt a bad player but please

d rob was a freak of nature and had strength, speed, athleticism, etc
    worlds beyond what duren will ever approach
    David was better when he entered the league, clear number 1 pick. He was older. Duren has room to grow that's why I said a young David Robinson (at 19).
    He dropped 30 and 17 on the Spurs

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe spurs would still take Sochan in this redraft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we should just make a rascal takes thread. I am putting money in the bank for the inevitable "Sharpe is a better prospect than wemby" and want to see it happen. The money is to check myself into a mental ins ution from the psychic damage of having to see such a bad take
    He's already getting obsessed with Jalen Hood-Schifino in this draft.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already getting obsessed with Jalen Hood-Schifino in this draft.
    That kid is going to be good.

Thread Information