Page 71 of 93 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2321
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeremy is currently shooting 42% from beyond the arc. If you’re going to call him a failed PG after 13 games, I get to call him an elite shooter after 13 games.
    If you want to call him that then sure. Some people just have a hobby of doubling down when they’re wrong. They think admitting when they’re wrong is some type of weakness for some reason. It’s weird.

Anyways I think he has made 9 three pointers all season. Makes him an even worse PG then if our elite shooter only made 9 threes. Especially if he is running the offense. I guess Sochan the PG is doing Sochan the “elite shooter” no favors. Btw a Sochan has never played PG and I think you’re looking down on the position too much. You believe that it’s a position that anybody can learn and it’s not. It takes years and years and years of training and experience to become an elite PG. And even then there are only like 7-10 elite PGs in the world. Idc how much time you give Jeremy, he is never going to be a top 10 PG. and I bet you don’t think that either

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting Socham as Point Guard was Pop's way of guaranteeing a Lottery Pick.

Socham is NOT a point. You know it, I know it, Socham knows it, Pop Knows it.

Putting Socham as point guard puts us in the lottery for next year. That's CIA Pops grand plan. That BETTER be Pop's grand plan, cuz there is no other excuse for doing it.

Pop is a jerk.

It’s almost 2024 and people STILL believe in “CIA Poop” when he does something a legally re ed person wouldn’t. It’s like when those Christians see their families die in a car fire and then thank god for challenging them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19 total 3 point attempts is a different type of sample size compared to 13 games playing a specific position
    Neither is a particularly large sample size, which was my point. Parker sucked for at least two years, and maybe close to four. PG is a hard position to learn, probably the most difficult of all.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You obviously never watched the 03 Spurs cause Horry wasn't on that team. Manu was a rookie averaging 8 PPG, Robinson was over the hill putting up 10/10 and Parker was a sop re who had to get benched for Speedy Claxton. This was one of the biggest carrying a team jobs in NBA history by Tim Duncan
    I've watched every year since the 70's. So don't try to belittle people if they don't remember every damn player on the roster in every year. Horry was on the Spurs around that time. Maybe the year before or year after. Doesn't matter.

Robinson, Manu, Parker, Kerr, etc...were on the team. Duncan was the star...he was always the star...but, he had all-star help in Manu, Robinson, Parker, etc. Wemby doesn't. Duncan couldn't have done it without them. He sure as couldn't do it with this roster. That's the damn point.

And it's a valid point even if you disagree. You're being contrary just for the sake of being contrary. Grumpy people...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither is a particularly large sample size, which was my point. Parker sucked for at least two years, and maybe close to four. PG is a hard position to learn, probably the most difficult of all.
    Aite so let’s run Bassey at point and forgive up to 4 years of suckage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've watched every year since the 70's. So don't try to belittle people if they don't remember every damn player on the roster in every year. Horry was on the Spurs around that time. Maybe the year before or year after. Doesn't matter.

Robinson, Manu, Parker, Kerr, etc...were on the team. Duncan was the star...he was always the star...but, he had all-star help in Manu, Robinson, Parker, etc. Wemby doesn't. Duncan couldn't have done it without them. He sure as couldn't do it with this roster. That's the damn point.

And it's a valid point even if you disagree. You're being contrary just for the sake of being contrary. Grumpy people...
    None of those players were All Stars THAT YEAR, and that’s an important point that you’re glossing over. They were either too young, or in Robinson’s case, too old. He played 64 games, 26 minutes, and averaged 8p/8reb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aite so let’s run Bassey at point and forgive up to 4 years of suckage
    Response of a hysteric.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’s almost 2024 and people STILL believe in “CIA Poop” when he does something a legally re ed person wouldn’t. It’s like when those Christians see their families die in a car fire and then thank god for challenging them

Literally, the only examples they have of the old man being a good coach are from 10+ years ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Horry was on the Lakers that year. You seem to confuse 2003 with 2005. And no he did not have any All-Star help that year, cause none of those guys were All-Stars at that point. Only Robinson made an All-Star appearance prior to that and was nowhere near that level in 03. Nobody besides Duncan averaged 20 that season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are contradicting yourself. Parker didn’t suck at all. He just couldn’t shoot. Everything else he was pretty much elite at right away. He had elite speed. Elite finishing. Elite dribbling. The dude could do it all except shoot. Jeremy is elite at nothing and not even good at anything PG wise. It would take years just for him to be somewhat decent

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back and see I was one of the few who was not high on Sochan. I didn’t see any extra special skills or athleticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are contradicting yourself. Parker didn’t suck at all. He just couldn’t shoot. Everything else he was pretty much elite at right away. He had elite speed. Elite finishing. Elite dribbling. The dude could do it all except shoot.

Parker’s first ten games in the 2002-03 season:

0/10, 7/14, 5/10, 9/17, 9/15, 4/8, 5/15, 5/14, 5/12, 5/10.

Parker had one of those nights in the first game, but otherwise there’s no complaint about that shooting from an NBA sop re.

From 3pt range, not used so much in that era, in the fourth game he was 4/8, fifth game 3/5, ninth game 2/3, tenth game 3/3. Not too shabby.

So whatcha talkin bout?

Jeremy is elite at nothing and not even good at anything PG wise. It would take years just for him to be somewhat decent

On that you are fabulously correct. Sochan lacks any innate talent to play point guard. As a pg he is totally dependent on acquired skill. He will never acquire such skill, especially not under the Spurs incompetent coaching.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing is...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry was on the Lakers that year. You seem to confuse 2003 with 2005. And no he did not have any All-Star help that year, cause none of those guys were All-Stars at that point. Only Robinson made an All-Star appearance prior to that and was nowhere near that level in 03. Nobody besides Duncan averaged 20 that season.
    Thing is...DUNCAN could NOT have won anything without them. I consider them all stars. Whether they had all star numbers that year is irrelevant. Call them whatever you want. Duncan...could...not...have...done...it...without. ..them.

He couldn't have done it with today's roster. Which is the freakin' obvious point I made. PERIOD. geesh, lol.

I gotta bail outta this conversation and take the age old advice..."Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

You win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing is...DUNCAN could NOT have won anything without them. I consider them all stars. Whether they had all star numbers that year is irrelevant. Call them whatever you want. Duncan...could...not...have...done...it...without. ..them.

He couldn't have done it with today's roster. Which is the freakin' obvious point I made. PERIOD. geesh, lol.

I gotta bail outta this conversation and take the age old advice..."Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

You win.
    Duncan in 2003 was probably the biggest one man carry since either Walton in Portland or Barry in GS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan in 2003 was probably the biggest one man carry since either Walton in Portland or Barry in GS.
    '94 Olajuwon and even though it was after, '11 Nowitzki merits mention.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '94 Olajuwon and even though it was after, '11 Nowitzki merits mention.
    Take the first option off those three rosters and '03 Spurs are easily the worst team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 mavs aren’t in that convo. Yes Dirk had a great individual playoff performance but it wasn’t in the context of a miserable team around him. They were good and he went off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Timmy was 22 and had NBA body. Besides Pop would put a true PG besides Timmy because he was ready. Wemby is not and the only reason Pop can afford to experiment on a PG developing Sochan’s skills as they wait for Wemby. People need to realize that the Spurs are soft tanking. Pop could care less about meaningless wins. He is teaching this team to play together, compete defensively. But back to Timmy, it would be a different approach. Tre, Vassell, Keldon, Timmy and Collins would be a playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You win.
    so you want to tell me Duncan couldn't have won a 1 on 5 against the Lakers and actually needed players to play with? No genius.

If you consider these guys All-Stars at that point than consider Vassell and Wemby All-Stars too. We have 2 All-Stars and can't win a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker’s first ten games in the 2002-03 season:

0/10, 7/14, 5/10, 9/17, 9/15, 4/8, 5/15, 5/14, 5/12, 5/10.

Parker had one of those nights in the first game, but otherwise there’s no complaint about that shooting from an NBA sop re.

From 3pt range, not used so much in that era, in the fourth game he was 4/8, fifth game 3/5, ninth game 2/3, tenth game 3/3. Not too shabby.

So whatcha talkin bout?

On that you are fabulously correct. Sochan lacks any innate talent to play point guard. As a pg he is totally dependent on acquired skill. He will never acquire such skill, especially not under the Spurs incompetent coaching.
    Tony shot 30% from 10-14 feet and 37% from 16-20. He didn’t have a consistent jump shot yet at that age. But he was able to get to the rim at will and he was elite at so many things that it made up for his shaky jumper. Once he got his jumper down he was an all nba player

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone thought about hiring Boris Diaw to help with Jeremy with this role? That could speed it up a bit. Jeremy's passes are so elementary, it's kind of gross.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone thought about hiring Boris Diaw to help with Jeremy with this role? That could speed it up a bit. Jeremy's passes are so elementary, it's kind of gross.
    I like Boris but seeing your assistant coach on flip-flops drinking espresso might not bode well. I this Boris could’ve been multiple AS if he had Tony’s tenacity and discipline.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Boris but seeing your assistant coach on flip-flops drinking espresso might not bode well. I this Boris could’ve been multiple AS if he had Tony’s tenacity and discipline.
    Him being too unselfish and either being on stacked teams (Suns, Spurs), or on bottom dwellers (Bobcats) hurt his stock as well.

But yeah, Jeremy doesn't need more caffeine. I think he, as well as probably a few of our other Spurs have some inattention, i.e. ADD/ADHD, going on lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean the season that Duncan had Manu and Parker...as well as Horry, Bowen, etc..etc..?

Kinda proves my point. Robinson and Duncan couldn't to it without other superstars to help them. So, like I said, Pop may want to tank the season and get another lottery pick. To get another superstar.
    Let me guess you became a spurs fan after 2004.

Thread Information