Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374
Results 1,826 to 1,840 of 1840
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kind of experiment, by JKidd using Giannis, DIRECTLY led to his transformation into the player he is now, and he was probably less equipped for it than Sochan was.

The failure in the doubters thinking is thinking that his discomfort with the situation is somehow bad. You never learn from successes, only from failures.
    This might be the dumbest post I’ve seen in a while. The last sentence simply isn’t true at all. People learn from success all the time. I mean you need to be able to learn from failure as well but you don’t ONLY learn from it.

Also I’m glad to see you comparing him to Giannis. It’s a very realistic expectation I have for him now. He should be like Giannis when it’s all said and done. After all, your own words, Giannis was even less equipped than Sochan, so Sochan should be a top 15 player of all time. For every Giannis, there are 50 Sochans whose experiment never works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to bring up the Kobe tapes again , but nobody envisioned him to be the player that he is now when Spurs drafted him at 15. I think PATFO sees something him Sochan that they’re willing to do a PG experiment, not to make him a PG but develop his skills to the next level

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's point guard experiments have generally had good success: Parker, Dejounte. On one hand, if he sees something in Jeremy then I'm willing to give it a chance. But on the other hand, right now, it's generally pretty painful. The challenge is that Jeremy is having to learn point guard in a much more difficult situation. I agree that it's a huge task he is undergoing. But he's my favorite player on the team so I'm biased.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan generating 0.55ppp as the pick and roll ball handler and 0.54ppp in iso situations.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to bring up the Kobe tapes again , but nobody envisioned him to be the player that he is now when Spurs drafted him at 15. I think PATFO sees something him Sochan that they’re willing to do a PG experiment, not to make him a PG but develop his skills to the next level
    This is how I see it. It’s not an experiment to see if he’s gonna be our next pg. It’s an experiment to see if he can round out some areas of his game would be highly beneficial next year. We all like his energy and how he gets to the basket. That would only be greatly improved if he handles the ball better, picks up his dribble at more opportune moments and develops some instinctive awareness if the lane collapses unfavorably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s exactly what they’re doing. It’s what JKidd did with Giannis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Sochan will ever have the defensive chops of a Draymond Green, and his passing vision doesn't come close to a Ben Simmons. I do wonder though given his size, well-roundedness, and developing shot and handle, the Spurs might see something closer to a Scottie Barnes, who also came into the league with a very questionable jump shot but with above average vision, toughness, and work ethic. Sochan is about a year younger than Barnes was when he came into the league so this season actually should be compared with Barnes' rookie year, but I think that he may be able to get there with time.
    I actually really like the Barnes comp. Some play making and scoring with size, and good D.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over the last dozen years we have had specific metrics we have followed for developing players, point guards and non point guards alike. We wanted them to develop a three point shot, develop their handles and have some go-to moves. Point guards need to be able to bring the ball up and make good decisions. I think people forget how young Jeremy is. Dejounte was 20 when he was a rookie and was putting up Sochan numbers when he was 23.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t know we drafted Kobe? Why tf do we only have 5 rings then?

Also it’s ok to bring up the Kawhi tapes again. Bc Kawhi actually proves more my point than yours. We had years before we let Kawhi get to where Sochan is now. It’s like we are trying to microwave Sochan instead of letting him slow cook. This PG experiment is fine, in year 4 when he is used to the league, his confidence is higher, his skills are better, and he has an overall feel for the game. Sochan has no go to move, no feel for the game, admitted to his confidence being shot at times, and really feels like a fish out of water.

While with Kawhi we made the transition as smooth as possible. I feel like Pop is rushing this year with Jeremy and I don’t know why. Is he sick? Does he have less time than we thought? Even with the extension. I’ve never seen Pop so lackluster on a team before. And it’s making me speculate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's point guard experiments have generally had good success: Parker, Dejounte. On one hand, if he sees something in Jeremy then I'm willing to give it a chance. But on the other hand, right now, it's generally pretty painful. The challenge is that Jeremy is having to learn point guard in a much more difficult situation. I agree that it's a huge task he is undergoing. But he's my favorite player on the team so I'm biased.
    Parker and Murray were PGs to start. Neal, Mason and Forbes were experiments. Now we have a whole team that plays defense like Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker and Murray were PGs to start. Neal, Mason and Forbes were experiments. Now we have a whole team that plays defense like Forbes.
    Murray was a point guard to start, and Sochan is better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was a point guard to start, and Sochan is better.
    Sochan generating 0.55ppp as the pick and roll ball handler and 0.54ppp in iso situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um. Wow.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didnít know we drafted Kobe? Why tf do we only have 5 rings then?

Also itís ok to bring up the Kawhi tapes again. Bc Kawhi actually proves more my point than yours. We had years before we let Kawhi get to where Sochan is now. Itís like we are trying to microwave Sochan instead of letting him slow cook. This PG experiment is fine, in year 4 when he is used to the league, his confidence is higher, his skills are better, and he has an overall feel for the game. Sochan has no go to move, no feel for the game, admitted to his confidence being shot at times, and really feels like a fish out of water.

While with Kawhi we made the transition as smooth as possible. I feel like Pop is rushing this year with Jeremy and I donít know why. Is he sick? Does he have less time than we thought? Even with the extension. Iíve never seen Pop so lackluster on a team before. And itís making me speculate
    Yes. Why not let him play point against bench units, a few minutes at a time, or a few plays at a time? What theyíre doing now is just not a rational approach to developing some very hard skills to learn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

While with Kawhi we made the transition as smooth as possible. I feel like Pop is rushing this year with Jeremy and I don’t know why. Is he sick? Does he have less time than we thought? Even with the extension. I’ve never seen Pop so lackluster on a team before. And it’s making me speculate

I'm not sure Pop's aware of where his car is parked, so it's likely he's not as dialed in on player development as he used to be.

Thread Information