Page 78 of 94 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2343
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not on Sochan. Wemby messed that up.
    That's right. Wemby panic passed. It's okay. He's young. Wemby can shoot over all those guys and he had space. Sochan did not have an open dunk and he did the right thing to drive and pass, but unfortunately KJ didn't come to the ball and didn't give Sochan a clean angle to pass the ball. If Sochan had gotten any closer, it would've been a steal by KJ's defender. Of course, maybe a time out would have been best, but again, I'm fine with no timeout, but when you have a young team, this kind of thing happens.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's right. Wemby panic passed. It's okay. He's young. Wemby can shoot over all those guys and he had space. Sochan did not have an open dunk and he did the right thing to drive and pass, but unfortunately KJ didn't come to the ball and didn't give Sochan a clean angle to pass the ball. If Sochan had gotten any closer, it would've been a steal by KJ's defender. Of course, maybe a time out would have been best, but again, I'm fine with no timeout, but when you have a young team, this kind of thing happens.
    If Sochan could jump he would have easily had a dunk there. It was a bad play to pass that off for a 3 point shot when he had it that close to the basket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That play looks like an easy reverse layup using the rim as protection for any competent NBA player. Either that or a strong two handed dunk that will draw a foul. I am confident that is what even Keldon would have done in that situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan had the angle

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ respectfully disagree. Not only was the angle tough, but Allen was right there for the high probably block (which is really why he passes it). The pass to Keldon was the better move over a reverse lay up attempt with Allen contesting in my view.

Wemby will learn when’s it’s time to be “good selfish.”

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That play looks like an easy reverse layup using the rim as protection for any competent NBA player. Either that or a strong two handed dunk that will draw a foul. I am confident that is what even Keldon would have done in that situation.
    or just a simple jumper. Like come on dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan 100% had a wide open dunk or at least a reverse, at the worst. Wemby absolutely made the right play and Sochan, in all his glory, botched the out of it.

End of story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The angle for the basket may have been closed or difficult, but Sochan still could have

1. Gone up strong to score anyway
    2. Drawn Allen and passed back to Wemby for the easy dunk
    3. Continued his dribble along the baseline and passed to Keldon when he made it to position (yes he was late).

Anything but throw it out of bounce really.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Wemby made the right decision. Sochan was open and is being paid MILLIONS to make that shot or do something with it worthy of his pay. That's why he was down there in the play. He threw the ball away...again.

Sochan and Champagnie should not be in the starting lineup.

And Pop only playing Wemby 24 minutes, is there any doubt now that Pop is actively trying to lose? Pop looks so happy at the end of games talking and laughing to other coaches entourages. He's acting like a Rock Star. While fans and Spurs players are ever more frustrated. I can tell you one thing. Wemby ain't laughing after these losses.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I go back and forth on what Pop's angle is this year. My hope is that he's tanking and has already talked to Kerr about taking over next year (a KOC Ringer article said he's a free agent this summer).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, there was a rim defender on the reverse. If anything, probably should’ve called a time out or not give up his dribble. But point is he is blamed bc he’s the guy this year that Spurstalk will hate on, but both Wemby and KJ have blame too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Several fake pumps and he could’ve dunk that with contact, the least getting fouled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Reverse layup?? Sochan had a clear, straight shot at a dunk directly ahead of him, one step away.

At the time the pass was made to Wemby, Sochan was open behind Wemby, with his arm up CALLING FOR THE BALL. Sochan was clear to the basket, and he knew it, and he wanted that pass.

Both defenders were focused on Wemby (of course.) Wemby turned, saw Sochan was clear, and passed to him. Wemby made a perfect pass and it was exactly the right pass to make. Anybody who says otherwise is ignorant of what happened or just plain lying.

At the time Sochan received the pass he was totally clear to the basket. The defenders were still turning.

Sochan had an absolutely straight, clear path to a dunk. And again, this was after Sochan CALLED FOR THE BALL! Except, the straight path he took was to imitate Ben Simmons.

Something awful has happened to Jeremy Sochan. I don’t know what, but he is a damaged player.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My view is

1) A grade option: Wemby just need to lay it up high using right hand (toward right side) to avoid Allen
    2) B+ grade option: Pass Sochan and Sochan just need to dunk or do it light floater. That angle is hard to bank it in.

So Wemby's decision is fine but Sochan messed it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I go back and forth on what Pop's angle is this year. My hope is that he's tanking and has already talked to Kerr about taking over next year (a KOC Ringer article said he's a free agent this summer).
    Sorry? That would be illegal in the game and who would leak that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop trying to turn this scrub into ben simmons 2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something awful has happened to Jeremy Sochan. I don’t know what, but he is a damaged player.
    LMAO he's a 2nd year player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good game by Sochan. Agree with timvp B+.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Several fake pumps and he could’ve dunk that with contact, the least getting fouled
    Several head fakes with the clock running?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The angle for the basket may have been closed or difficult, but Sochan still could have

1. Gone up strong to score anyway
    2. Drawn Allen and passed back to Wemby for the easy dunk
    3. Continued his dribble along the baseline and passed to Keldon when he made it to position (yes he was late).

Anything but throw it out of bounce really.
    Wemby could have also done all those things. He’s also 7’5”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO he's a 2nd year player

Who’s suddenly afraid to try a dunk that’s right in front of his face, after he called for the ball. That’s a troubling development, no matter how much of a cackling nitwit you are.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry? That would be illegal in the game and who would leak that?
    Not sure I follow. But to clarify, the article said nothing about Pop. I'm just guessing and speculating like all of us as to what we are witnessing this season and what the long-term plan is, or isn't. As for illegality, I'm sure if Pop wanted to drop Kerr hints that there may be a job opening next year, I don't see that as something unheard of in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^completely agree. Wemby should have taken the shot. He put sochan in a tough spot. Anybody who has played basketball can see it would have been difficult squeeze for a layup/slam. And the way allen had blocked wemby earlier, very low probability. But with that being said, sochan still should have gone up strong with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People want to blame Sochan, but if Wemby had shot it and missed it, he would have kept the defensive attention on himself and it would have freed Sochan for the rebound if he missed. I mean, it was not a scripted play, it was essentially pick up ball and I'm sure if they could do it over, several players would have done differently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^completely agree. Wemby should have taken the shot. He put sochan in a tough spot. …

It is not a “tough spot” to be wide open one step away from a dunk.

Thread Information