Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2343
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is a ulative -304 this year in the =/- category. Good for 3rd worst in the entire league. Only Jordan Poole and Kyle Kuzma are worse. I know it's not the best stat, but -304 definitely indicates that there aren't many good things happening while he is on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is a ulative -304 this year in the =/- category. Good for 3rd worst in the entire league. Only Jordan Poole and Kyle Kuzma are worse. I know it's not the best stat, but -304 definitely indicates that there aren't many good things happening while he is on the court.
    Do me a favor and look up the best teams and their worst players’ ulative PER… as an experiment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need.

Here it is:
    https://www.nba.com/stats/players/tr...ort=PLUS_MINUS

If you notice here, the players that “lead” this statistic are from the worst teams in the NBA. Therefore, this is the wrong way to look at this data since it’s skewed by the quality of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And here’s proof why it’s not a great indicator of how a player stacks up against other players:

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/tr...Season=2021-22

SGA and Haliburton were two of the worst players two years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's back being the player from last season. Numbers are basically identical, but with an improved 3-point shot. The sample size is big enough to say it's legit. I'd like to see him work on having a quicker release next. Also loved how he attacked the rim and the 2-man game between him and Wemby. His defense is also much better and his net-rating for January is +5.1, so all the cliff jumpers can calm down.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People want to blame Sochan, but if Wemby had shot it and missed it, he would have kept the defensive attention on himself and it would have freed Sochan for the rebound if he missed. I mean, it was not a scripted play, it was essentially pick up ball and I'm sure if they could do it over, several players would have done differently.
    Sochan is a weak rebounder. Sochan as a starting PF needs to dunk that ball on that play.

Sochan needs to go to the bench when the Spurs get a real PF. Spurs trying to win with below average players in starting positions.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's back being the player from last season. Numbers are basically identical, but with an improved 3-point shot. The sample size is big enough to say it's legit. I'd like to see him work on having a quicker release next. Also loved how he attacked the rim and the 2-man game between him and Wemby. His defense is also much better and his net-rating for January is +5.1, so all the cliff jumpers can calm down.
    Sochan wasn't good last year. People at Spurstalk still think he was good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rascal Hears A Trumpet Horn When Anything Positive Is Said About Sochan, That’s How He Gets Here So Fast To Respond

My Guy, Are You Part Parrot, Part Recycling Bin? Because The Garbage You Spew Is The Same Thing Again And Again

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And here’s proof why it’s not a great indicator of how a player stacks up against other players:

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/tr...Season=2021-22

SGA and Haliburton were two of the worst players two years ago.
    Those guys improved their games. That is a big reason why those teams have turned things around.

Two years ago you could have said they were playing poorly like those who now can say Sochan has been playing poorly.

Sharpe and Scoot are right there with Sochan and I expect those guys will improve in a couple of years so Sochan can also improve but now he is not playing well along with others on the team and is contributing to the team not winning.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats are higher for all the Spurs except Devin since the level of compe ion has been weaker in January.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats are higher for all the Spurs except Devin since Tre Jones is now starting at PG.
    FIFY

Sochan wasn't good last year. People at Spurstalk still think he was good.
    He was good enough to make the Rising Stars game, so it weren't just people on spurstalk

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIFY

He was good enough to make the Rising Stars game, so it weren't just people on spurstalk
    He only made it because he was getting minutes on a tanking team not trying to win as a starter while other rookies were on the bench. Sochan's stats last year were not good.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet made Rookie Second Team.

I think he's playing a lot better lately with the return of his confidence. His outside shots still looks bad stylistically but it's been going in more than I thought it would have, and so despite the hand wringing earlier in the year, it looks like he's learning from the experience and finding a good supporting role in the starting lineup next to Victor.
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 01-16-2024 at 10:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He only made it because he was getting minutes on a tanking team not trying to win as a starter while other rookies were on the bench. Sochan's stats last year were not good.
    Shaedon Sharpe only has a good stat line cause he's getting minutes on a tanking team

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaedon Sharpe only has a good stat line cause he's getting minutes on a tanking team
    Sharpe is a more skilled offensive player than Sochan. If you can't see that you are blind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice to see sochan showing more leadership out on the floor too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe is a more skilled offensive player than Sochan. If you can't see that you are blind.
    Sochan is a better defensive player than Sharpe. If you can't see that you are blind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's cheap so you gotta give him another year to develop unless he can be used to get someone better in trade, but another season like this one in 24-25 and the Spurs shouldn't even pick up the option on him.
    Unfortunately, the options for years 3 and 4 have to be picked up a year early, after years one and two. They’ve already picked up year three for all 3 2022 FRPs, and will have to decide on year four by sometime in late October, before one game of year three is played.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quarter of Sochan season was wasted on him trying to be a PG by Pop - I think it will take a month or so to make the transition from playing PG to now playing PF. I will look at February games as I think that will give me a good indication of what we have with Sochan and what his potential may be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quarter of Sochan season was wasted on him trying to be a PG by Pop - I think it will take a month or so to make the transition from playing PG to now playing PF. I will look at February games as I think that will give me a good indication of what we have with Sochan and what his potential may be.
    sochan has authored a number of promising drives where he's able to get past his guy just enough to get off a scoop shot off the glass but he's had a tough time converting those looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those guys improved their games. That is a big reason why those teams have turned things around.

Two years ago you could have said they were playing poorly like those who now can say Sochan has been playing poorly.

Sharpe and Scoot are right there with Sochan and I expect those guys will improve in a couple of years so Sochan can also improve but now he is not playing well along with others on the team and is contributing to the team not winning.
    SGA and Haliburton can improve from two years ago at a similar career stage as Sochan, but Sochan can't because he is playing poorly now, yet SGA and Haliburton were playing poorly back then? Like "What?"

Sharpe is classic empty calories guy, hope he figures things out but that boy is dumb.

Scoot still got something, I think he will be much better than what I originally expected, but still no where close to what others claim he could be before the draft.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe jump high. Sharpe good. Did I miss anything?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan has played a little over 90 games? He played half of last season and half of this season. Maybe we should let him get more experience before we write him off. He has bad games but he also has really good games. That’s what happens with a young team. But he is a player that has potential to be a solid starter. Let’s not give up on him until he’s had more time to develop. Most rookies take 2-3 years to really step into a quality role. Wembys are rare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan looking a lot better as of late, good to see. It's almost like playing his actual position helps his game.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has there anyone whoever falls to the ground more then this man? Hard to think of anyone as uncoordinated and weak as him. He ends up on the floor 5+ times a game trying to post up a smaller player and shooting his always short hook shot somehow.

Thread Information