Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2343
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan in his last 10 since Tre Jones has been starting at PG:

13/6/4/1/1 on 46/38/87 shooting splits. I'd say last 10 he's been a league-average defender at least. He'll still get cooked a fair amount, but his awareness and anticipation have been improving. He's still got a ton of work to do, but he's 2 years younger than guys like Jalen Williams and Jalen Johnson and only 8 months older than Wemby. Guys here who were calling for him to get salary dumped or to not pick up his option were being way to hard on him early on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan in his last 10 since Tre Jones has been starting at PG:

13/6/4/1/1 on 46/38/87 shooting splits. I'd say last 10 he's been a league-average defender at least. He'll still get cooked a fair amount, but his awareness and anticipation have been improving. He's still got a ton of work to do, but he's 2 years younger than guys like Jalen Williams and Jalen Johnson and only 8 months older than Wemby. Guys here who were calling for him to get salary dumped or to not pick up his option were being way to hard on him early on.
    This forum cries about everything and everybody who isn't Wemby. They want us to dump everybody else and bring in all 20+ pt All-Stars and when they have a bad game or two, they're going to cry about them too. They don't want us to spend big on any proven, top free agents but think every draft pick coming in will be the saving grace to the franchise. And then when they have a bad game, it's rinse and repeat.

First Sochan, then Pop. Then Trae and sometimes Vassell. Now Branham is the flavor of the month lol
    Last edited by kxs783kms; 01-21-2024 at 08:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really interested how he'd look when he plays next to a 3-and-D SF. Our defense could be really good if we get one in the offseason.
    Just a rumor so far, but Herb Jones would be an interesting option. He's a great defender, signed for the next three years, and at 25 still quietly improving as an all around player.
    https://clutchpoints.com/nba-rumors-...trade-deadline

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hated the experiment but his court vision and positioning as the team sets up in the half court is significantly improved from last season. I don’t have the time but I’d bet money if you broke down tape there’s a direct line in that development and the experiment.

Open court is still a bit sloppy but you can almost see what he’s seeing. Sochan is a good piece if they can put together a serviceable team in the offseason. This is why you don’t panic and fire sale.
    Exactly. He didn’t “move back to his original position” per se, bc last year year he was pretty much an energy putbacks guy. Glad he’s not the pg anymore, but the “experiment” def helped his growth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This forum cries about everything and everybody who isn't Wemby. They want us to dump everybody else and bring in all 20+ pt All-Stars and when they have a bad game or two, they're going to cry about them too. They don't want us to spend big on any proven, top free agents but think every draft pick coming in will be the saving grace to the franchise. And then when they have a bad game, it's rinse and repeat.

First Sochan, then Pop. Then Trae and sometimes Vassell. Now Branham is the flavor of the month lol
    but not Trae Young, LeBron James, KD, Dejounte Murray, Dame Lillard and 95% of the other All-Stars because they are all cancers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a rumor so far, but Herb Jones would be an interesting option. He's a great defender, signed for the next three years, and at 25 still quietly improving as an all around player.
    he'd be a nice pick up, but I doubt it. I got my eyes on Royce O'Neal who will hit free agency

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you imagine the shooting between Sochan and Herb, next to Wemby? Ouch. But the defensive upside is tantalizing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "sochan can't do nothing, he's bad on everythinG".... Some posters are really immature lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-but he’s a PF not a PG. People acting like Pop was trying to make him a PG instead of a versatile big who can rim-run, pass, and be that glue guy out there.
    He’s playing very much like a PG since he’s been “moved” back to PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he'd be a nice pick up, but I doubt it. I got my eyes on Royce O'Neal who will hit free agency
    I Like �� player but Please look at his stats 23/24 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a very big difference between being a secondary playmaker and the full-time PG. Sochan was always a decent playmaker from the PF spot, he can't never be the PG of a team, though. I don't know what the old man and timvp were thinking when they came up with that idea, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a very big difference between being a secondary playmaker and the full-time PG. Sochan was always a decent playmaker from the PF spot, he can't never be the PG of a team, though. I don't know what the old man and timvp were thinking when they came up with that idea, tbh.
    I know I just wanted to get as much talent into the starting lineup. You're right now, its pretty clear now that while he has some playmaking skills from the PF position the idea that he will ever be a PG is laughable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you imagine the shooting between Sochan and Herb, next to Wemby? Ouch. But the defensive upside is tantalizing.

Herb is shooting 37.8% from three this year, with a 60.7 TS%. I don't think he's a bad shooter. At worst he's average, but I think he's trending towards better-than-average.

Definitely one of my favorite players to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Short memories. Sochan played PG last year when Tre sat for rest. It wasn’t really an experiment so much as an expansion of an existing role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Short memories. Sochan played PG last year when Tre sat for rest. It wasn’t really an experiment so much as an expansion of an existing role.
    I took that as a clear tanking strategy. I don't think Pop started this season with the idea of tanking again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

True, but who was the full time PG of the 72 win Bulls? Pippen often brought the ball up court as a point forward, Jordan brought the ball up a bunch, and so did Ron Harper. They didn't really have a full time traditional PG at all. I'm not opposed to a good traditional full time PG, but I don't think it's an absolute necessity.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is settling in as a mediocre starter. Yeah the assist numbers are nice but the rebounding and non existent shot blocking are very worrisome. Still no semblance of a reliable jumper either. His ceiling really dropped over the course of this season.

Need to see more of Barlow. Barlow is the better rebounder and shooter and according to advanced stats a better defender than Sochan but the sample size is small.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I took that as a clear tanking strategy. I don't think Pop started this season with the idea of tanking again.
    Did you think they weren’t tanking last year when they started 5-2?

They want a star to go with Wemby, and they want the Toronto pick, and can block TOR from tanking BY tanking themselves. Those are two good reasons to tank from the get go, the only good way to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you think they weren’t tanking last year when they started 5-2?

They want a star to go with Wemby, and they want the Toronto pick, and can block TOR from tanking BY tanking themselves. Those are two good reasons to tank from the get go, the only good way to do it.
    Pop is on record saying they were going for wins this season. I know a coach is suppossed to say that, but you could tell he meant it. Also, it made no sense to tank for this weak ass draft class. Now we have no other option, but Pop didn't start the season planning to tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is on record saying they were going for wins this season. I know a coach is suppossed to say that, but you could tell he meant it. Also, it made no sense to tank for this weak ass draft class. Now we have no other option, but Pop didn't start the season planning to tank.
    Where’s that quote?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where’s that quote?
    Popovich continued: "Of course, we add a player with Victor's capabilities, and your prospects look a lot better. But this year, with development, I think one of the important factors to enhance that development is winning. So winning is as important this year as learning last year. So, they've got to continue to learn. But, adding more wins, I think, is appropriate, mandatory and helpful."

https://www.sacurrent.com/arts/san-a...-says-32772732

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was a sign of tanking the first time, why wasn't it a sign of tanking the second time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was a sign of tanking the first time, why wasn't it a sign of tanking the second time?
    If Pop started the season wanting to tank, that's a mistake, imho. Also, if he really wanted to tank, why not keep playing Sochan at PG? That surelly seemed to be doing the trick, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    word

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich continued: "Of course, we add a player with Victor's capabilities, and your prospects look a lot better. But this year, with development, I think one of the important factors to enhance that development is winning. So winning is as important this year as learning last year. So, they've got to continue to learn. But, adding more wins, I think, is appropriate, mandatory and helpful."

https://www.sacurrent.com/arts/san-a...-says-32772732

they always go mute when we show them the quote…

Thread Information