Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2322
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a big reason why the team has such a bad record. He doesn't excel at anything. The only player playing well is Wemby and his minutes are monitored.

Several of the players have to be replaced or moved to the bench. There will be a turnover on the team over the next couple of years with high draft picks coming in. This core needs to be replaced and Sochan is included.
    Outside of Wemby its a bunch of jack of all trade master of none type players. Except for Blake Wesley who's starting to show elite perimeter defense if noting else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salary dump him,

—ST, two weeks ago

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad he is turning things around. It was difficult to watch him at the point and then he just looked lost for a while afterwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a big reason why the team has such a bad record. He doesn't excel at anything. The only player playing well is Wemby and his minutes are monitored.

Several of the players have to be replaced or moved to the bench. There will be a turnover on the team over the next couple of years with high draft picks coming in. This core needs to be replaced and Sochan is included.
    Shaedon Sharpe Sucks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yawn. He’s probably played around 100 NBA games. He’s not even close to scratching his potential. People make up their minds about players game to game. That’s silly. Let the young guys have 3 years to develop before we start the bust label.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaedon Sharpe Sucks.
    Only with Spurstalk homers. Every player on the team is overrated in here because it's a Spur fan forum.

Go back and see what people in here thought about resigning Collins when it happened. Now they are accepting he isn't very good but couldn't see his limited athleticism before.

Primo another bust people in here were high on. Thought he was a future starter. On on on over rating every player because he is on the roster.

Had the Spurs drafted Sharpe you would be saying he will be a future all star. You are just another Homer. The forum is full of them.

The spurs lack athleticism, that's why they stink. Not even adding Wemby can save this current roster. It needs upgrades at several positions.

Portland drafted Sharpe over Sochan so they think Sharpe is better and good chance The Spurs also would have drafted Sharpe had he been on the board for them.

Sharpe has a higher ceiling and chance at putting up all star numbers in the future than Sochan.
    He's been banged up this year and was scoring close to 20 a game when he was healthy.

Most NBA fans other than a Spur fan will take Sharpe over Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yawn. He’s probably played around 100 NBA games. He’s not even close to scratching his potential. People make up their minds about players game to game. That’s silly. Let the young guys have 3 years to develop before we start the bust label.
    I think the majority of the criticism was that he was a terrible PG. and he was. I didn’t need 3 years to see him play point. Heck I didn’t even need 3 games. The dude sucks at it. But put him in a proper role in a position to succeed and yeah he can look decent to good.

It’s amazing to me that those defending him now didn’t recognize how ty a position Pop put him in to start the season. When that happened it was everybody protecting Pop with it’s just his experiment and treating Sochan like he was a science experiment rather than a second year player who NEEDS to be put in a position to succeed to play well. He isn’t overly talented as a player, his role on the team should’ve been very specific for his actual development instead of the Pop pulled on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow, it's true what they say, praising Sochan rings the Rascal Alarm!

I think mostly everyone agrees the roster will see a turnover in the coming years (nothing shocking from a team who gets a #1 pick, they never tend to stay the same). But I don't think Sochan has to be a part of that turnover (though he could end up being the bench PF to a hypothetical star PF). Putting the team's record blame on him is unfair when the Spurs FO planned to tank the season out from the start (yes I've heard the Pop interview, and as always, do show me the winning moves the team made if they weren't content with tanking this season). He was placed on an openly admitted experiment, and a new position.

I'm liking his decision making, and he might take a further leap next season, as he's so young still. Dejounte could barely dribble or shoot at this point in his career, with ST endlessly piling on him, and he ended up making the ASG his fifth season. Growth isn't linear nor immediate in most cases.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Backed up by the eye test

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see a reason to dump all our talented but limited young players. Their time together can still be helpful. We need huge talent upgrades at PG and SF. We need to move on from marginal experiments (no offense Mamu) and get rid of bad defenders (McB and likely Branham if he doesn't show progress in year 3).

The turnover will likely happen when we draft players that prove to be better than the players we have, or the supporting players take a leap.

It's going to be a gradual process while we draft players in the next three years. That's my guess knowing the team's history. If Victor puts his foot down then maybe that changes but players usually are horrible GMs and Victor doesn't seem like an idiot.

I get the argument that Brian may be just an average talent evaluator but I still think they are going through the draft.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is too small at 6'8" and doesn't jump well to be a strong defensive PF.

Spurs need a bigger more athletic defensive player who can intimidate shots and rebound.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Backed up by the eye test
    Dope! Facts still mean something

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice discussion with Gortat he discusses Sochan playing for Poland this summer

https://hoopshype.com/lists/marcin-g...rol-john-wall/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, two years ago OKC was loosing 58 games a season.
    Half of their roster and rotation guys are different now.
    We have our superstar now, need to find the J-Dub and Chet in the future 2 years.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standard So game when it’s not a layup line vs midget front courts. Airballed 3s, missed layups and getting stuffed, missed love, bad D. I’m sure he’ll pop off again vs the next midget front court and people here will think he’s an actual NBA player LMAO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have our superstar now, need to find the J-Dub and Chet in the future 2 years.
    Spoken like a rational adult

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice discussion with Gortat he discusses Sochan playing for Poland this summer

https://hoopshype.com/lists/marcin-g...rol-john-wall/
    He’s absolutely right about shooting being the imperative for Jeremy. A power forward that can’t shoot is basically useless in today’s NBA. I hope he gets better quick, or his career is going to be coming off the bench, or worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in favour of drafting this guy because I thought he could become a more athletic Kyle Anderson, but Sochan doesn't seem to have the same IQ nor feel for the game that Fathead had, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guilty of being overly negative of the OKC rebuild, and glad to be proven wrong, because it really shows 1) how quickly the landscape can change for an NBA team after getting true cornerstones, and 2) that being terrible in the past has little to no bearing on future success, even if players went through the losing grinder.

The Spurs don't have the Thunder's asset trove, but they don't need to, either. Just build slow through the draft, make improving trades, and rely on organic growth over time. Rome wasn't built in a day, no contender was either.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see a reason to dump all our talented but limited young players. Their time together can still be helpful. We need huge talent upgrades at PG and SF. We need to move on from marginal experiments (no offense Mamu) and get rid of bad defenders (McB and likely Branham if he doesn't show progress in year 3).

The turnover will likely happen when we draft players that prove to be better than the players we have, or the supporting players take a leap.

It's going to be a gradual process while we draft players in the next three years. That's my guess knowing the team's history. If Victor puts his foot down then maybe that changes but players usually are horrible GMs and Victor doesn't seem like an idiot.

I get the argument that Brian may be just an average talent evaluator but I still think they are going through the draft.
    Can't be both. Being talented implies also not being limited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shai was good but not great yet. he also played only 56 games in the season leading up to them landing the #2 pick. giddey was a rookie that year. Dort still couldnt shoot back then (40% this year from 3). and obviously no jalen williams yet.

they still have a lot of room for improvement which is the scary part. giddey was a nice piece for them when they needed some offensive juice, when it was just SGA as a scorer and nobody else who could really create. now not only is SGA better, but J-Dub is emerging as a really good #2 ballhandler. Chet also makes things easier for them. Dort becoming a good shooter helps. they dont really have a need for Giddey anymore, and they can get a heck of lot more athletic/dynamic there. and lord knows they have the draft capital to keep swinging.

they also still have ousmane dieng lurking there, he's just 20 years old and still has potential that was starting to flash over the summer

cason is having a nice rookie year in a limited role. theyre going to be scary man. the only real silver lining is that chet seems like the one center in the league that victor can push around, and since vic also has the length advantage, chet doesnt really have anything to fight back with on that end

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true. For example, Steve Kerr was a very talented shooter, but overall had limitations as a player...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake is a super talented POA defender but limited in a lot of other ways. That kind of thing. McB: good shooter, horrible defender. Et cetera.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defenses still leaving him wide open for 3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun fact , whose year two stats are Jeremy’s comparable 2 I mean to? Yes you got it….the Klaw. Give it time boys, it’s not minute rice.

Thread Information