Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More observations:

Sochan is seen barking to his teammates (or the other team?) on defense. Seems he’s very communicative on the floor.

and one thing I love… he boxes out. That has been a major critique of mine of these past Spurs teams. That would help Poeltl or whoever is the next center is immensely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is super versatile ……. He can play sf in a big lineup. Dj, DV, JS. Jalen smith (fa), poodle

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is super versatile ……. He can play sf in a big lineup. Dj, DV, JS. Jalen smith (fa), poodle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 40:28 is another great defensive play that doesnt show up on highlights. He prevents the pass to the center and then makes the shooter miss.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan, Vassell, Poetl and DJ will be fun to watch on D.

Thanks for the Baylor game, Dejounte!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan, Vassell, Poetl and DJ will be fun to watch on D.

Thanks for the Baylor game, Dejounte!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And much less coke.
    and opiods!!! His book is a great read by the way. A funny Tim Duncan story in there from 2002 Team USA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And much less coke.
    and opiods!!! His book is a great read by the way. A funny Tim Duncan story in there from 2002 Team USA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am intrigued in his ability to play out on the wing but if he plays out of position it’ll be at the 5 I suspect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am intrigued in his ability to play out on the wing but if he plays out of position it’ll be at the 5 I suspect.
    Last year, Evan Mobley spent time at C, PF, and SF... hoping Sochan can do something similar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can definitely picture some end of quarter defensive possessions where a line up of Poeltl, Zollins, & Sochan makes great sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the TD story (I assume this is Lamar's book?)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is really good stuff. Solid, objective analysis of a polished Polish player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the TD story (I assume this is Lamar's book?)?
    Spoiler alert…

at the Olympics in Greece in 2004 they were all staying on a cruise ship in Athens as their hotel. They had very strict security due to terrorist threats so they all bonded very closely. Two stories about Timmy:

Someone covered AI in peanut butter one night when he passed out after they were partying and AI was livid and wanted to know who it was. No one would rat but Timmy told AI.

Another night AI created a diversion so the guys could escape the boat and go party in Athens. NBA police rolled up on all of them outside the club and took them back to the cruise ship where they all were reprimanded except Timmy who was the only player not to go.

That team was arguably the most talented Team USA squad since the original Dream Team and failed miserably as you know.

Odom had some great stories about those Olympics. Whole book is great. He had a wild ride from Queens to the pros, to Hollywood to his death bed and back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST, in full on, obsess over players heights, and post pictures where you really can’t be sure who’s closer to the camera mode.
    I'm done being obsessed with measurements just only good to have. I value more the feel/maturity of the game, IQ, and potential.
    Desmond Bane literally have a "T-Rex" arm length yet so valuable. Didn't like him in the draft because of his measurements but he proved that it doesn't necessary esp. in today's NBA playstyle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year, Evan Mobley spent time at C, PF, and SF... hoping Sochan can do something similar.
    Mostly a product of roster construction. Mobley is clearly a C (even if he is too scrawny at the moment to bang with the Jokic's and Embiid's of the league).

Sochan is clearly a PF. He's not a rim protector or good enough defensive rebounder to credibly play small ball C and his ball skills aren't good enough to get by as an oversized SF (he'll likely defend them some though).

That team was arguably the most talented Team USA squad since the original Dream Team and failed miserably as you know.
    That team was a mess. Only the '21 team is even in contention with it for worst in the NBA era ('92-).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly a product of roster construction. Mobley is clearly a C (even if he is too scrawny at the moment to bang with the Jokic's and Embiid's of the league).

Sochan is clearly a PF. He's not a rim protector or good enough defensive rebounder to credibly play small ball C and his ball skills aren't good enough to get by as an oversized SF (he'll likely defend them some though).

That team was a mess. Only the '21 team is even in contention with it for worst in the NBA era ('92-).
    They absolutely were a mess but look at that roster and tell me that wasn’t an insane amount of talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They absolutely were a mess but look at that roster and tell me that wasn’t an insane amount of talent.
    It wasn't. Only Duncan and maybe Iverson could have reasonably been called superstars. Marbury and Marion were the only other stars (and the latter was more so a complimentary sort). Odom and Jefferson were top starters. James, Wade, Anthony, Stoudemire and Boozer hadn't yet broken out and Okafor hadn't yet played a game in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brought me back to spurstalk to read what others think. I like the jersy number selection to match the hair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan (a freshman) actually shot a ch better from three than Kawhi (a sop re) by .005%, but worse from the stripe. Sochan shot a good bit better overall, but carried less of an offensive load. Kawhi has him in most advanced stats, but not by a ton, and again was a year older coming out. (https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...-kawhi-leonard)

Kawhi feels more like a 3/4 and strictly a 3 the way the NBA was, Sochan maybe more of a 4/5 or strict 4 and I believe he's taller. Kawhi feels like a more impressive individual defender coming out of college, Sochan is sort of more of a better team defender. Strangely a 'connector' defender, which is honestly not a category I think exists necessarily.

tl/dr:

Kawhi - more of an SF, incredible man-to-man and individual defender, carried more of an offensive load, a prickly, non-team-oriented asshole
    Sochan - more of a PF, great team and switch defender, less of a scorer, perhaps a better facilitator, younger by a year, a charming personality
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks a lot Sir

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't. Only Duncan and maybe Iverson could have reasonably been called superstars. Marbury and Marion were the only other stars (and the latter was more so a complimentary sort). Odom and Jefferson were top starters. James, Wade, Anthony, Stoudemire and Boozer hadn't yet broken out and Okafor hadn't yet played a game in the NBA.
    Fair enough; Steph and AI were never going to be able to lead LBJ, Melo. Wade etc.

It’s actually Kobe’s fault the 04 team didn’t win gold. If he didn’t get caught up with that chick he would have been the perfect leader to keep that team focused. Instead it was AI.

Back to the thread though if Lamar Odom is a fair Sochan comp that’s pretty encouraging.

Thread Information