My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sochan ceiling if he bulks up say 10-15lbs...ceiling higher then prime odom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel he's a good rebounder.

I throw back this, interesting and you have some about rebounds.
    As much as I hate player comps- you see some shades of Diaw there.
    Also like the intensity. Plays hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys think Tim Duncan is going to want to work with him? I wonder if he has piqued Tim's interest enough to spend some quality time working with this kid. I hope so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the difference between Sochan and Scootie Barnes coming out of college?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the difference between Sochan and Scootie Barnes coming out of college?
    Kind of interesting to look stat-wise. I believe they both came off the bench. Barnes was the much better facilitator, Sochan better rebounder. One's more of an SF, the other a PF. Sochan a better shooter from deep. I was surprised to see Sochan beats Barnes in most advanced stats.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...scottie-barnes

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a difference between a poor shooter who’s willing to shoot and a poor shooter who’s scared to shoot

we saw all the takes about Murray being a lesser version of Ben Simmons because they’re both play point and both were poor shooters

those takes expired when Murray took his game to the next level with improved shooting which he would have never been able to do if he had a mental block like Simmons

The good thing is that Sochan was a willing shooter in college. In fact, he shot twice as many 3s as Scottie Barnes did in college: 80 to 40 attempts.

i have no doubt Sochan will improve his percentages in the NBA. The biggest and most important thing was he didn’t need to be given confidence to go out there and shoot. He shoots it.

But im not really worried about that aspect of his game. If this dude is really going to be a jumbo playmaker for us, then he really opens up the game. It would be less of a priority to find a third true point guard that fits, if that is the case.

Sochan’s shooting isn’t the cap to his ceiling as much as people think it is. If he turns out to be exceptional at defense and passing, he’s going to gain NBA fans who appreciate his game and may even vote him in to All Star Games. With his hair, his brit personality being similar to Steven Adams, this guy has an easy appeal to the masses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

here’s Sochan being able to play more free. A really fluid basketball player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a difference between a poor shooter who’s willing to shoot and a poor shooter who’s scared to shoot

we saw all the takes about Murray being a lesser version of Ben Simmons because they’re both play point and both were poor shooters

those takes expired when Murray took his game to the next level with improved shooting which he would have never been able to do if he had a mental block like Simmons

The good thing is that Sochan was a willing shooter in college. In fact, he shot twice as many 3s as Scottie Barnes did in college: 80 to 40 attempts.

i have no doubt Sochan will improve his percentages in the NBA. The biggest and most important thing was he didn’t need to be given confidence to go out there and shoot. He shoots it.

But im not really worried about that aspect of his game. If this dude is really going to be a jumbo playmaker for us, then he really opens up the game. It would be less of a priority to find a third true point guard that fits, if that is the case.

Sochan’s shooting isn’t the cap to his ceiling as much as people think it is. If he turns out to be exceptional at defense and passing, he’s going to gain NBA fans who appreciate his game and may even vote him in to All Star Games. With his hair, his brit personality being similar to Steven Adams, this guy has an easy appeal to the masses.

literally everything I said before the draft about the guy.

his shot doesn’t look broken even though his percentages aren’t the greatest and most importantly he isn’t afraid to shoot the ball.

I think his confidence in his shooting is going to help him get his shooting percentages up. He most likely will never become a dead eye shooter but I think he will at least be league average from 3 and in the 70’s from the line when it’s all said and done.

dude is a really good player and I’m very happy we got him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should make a play to get OG Anunoby and Steven Adams on the team. Interviews will be a fun with all these brits.

Poeltl to TOR for OG.
    JRich, McDermott for Steven Adams

didnt check the salaries if they match, but oh well

Murray/ Wesley/ Tre
    Vassell/ Primo/
    Keldon/ Malaki
    OG/ Sochan/ KBD
    Adams/ Collins/ Landale

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steven Adams is from New Zealand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman 2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should make a play to get OG Anunoby and Steven Adams on the team. Interviews will be a fun with all these brits.

Poeltl to TOR for OG.
    JRich, McDermott for Steven Adams

didnt check the salaries if they match, but oh well

Murray/ Wesley/ Tre
    Vassell/ Primo/
    Keldon/ Malaki
    OG/ Sochan/ KBD
    Adams/ Collins/ Landale
    OG is definitely my top trade choice, but I wouldn't mind John Collins either that way we can keep Poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course Sochan picks Rodamn's old number I love it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the many reasons I like this guy so much. The "joy in shutting people down" should be Basketball 101 for anyone looking to be a complete and versatile player, but it's amazing how few young prospects talk about it. Sochan will never have to be pressured or coached into playing D, or keeping the ball movement crisp, or any of those other important fundamentals. He gets it already. He approaches the game like a coach, not like a dude whose main goal is to be on the ESPN highlight reels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

here’s Sochan being able to play more free. A really fluid basketball player
    Damn he’s 17 in this video and competing against grown men, that’s huge. Didn’t look intimidated at all in this video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^All of this

Thread Information